Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Music Room
Facebook

Notices

The Music Room Share your favorite music, or request song lyrics here.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-08-2007, 12:47 AM
MrsBOOMM
Guest


 
Posts: n/a
Need Lyrics to an old song

Anyone remember the words to the song "He's My Lord And My God"?

I know some of the words but my feeble brain blanking out on some of it. Here is what I remember.

1.
Thomas the doubter said I won't believe
Until those nail prints I see
??????????????
???????????????
And Thomas fell to his knees

Cho.
He's my Lord and my God
He's not just a stranger to me
When I looked past the veil
It was easy to see
He's my Lord and my God

2.
Skeptics today bring confusion to all
???????????????
???????????????
???????????????

Help Anyone???
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-08-2007, 12:51 AM
jwharv jwharv is offline
Resident Insomniac


 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Alabama
Posts: 1,222
I checked all the lyrics sites I use and none had this song.........
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-08-2007, 01:07 AM
MrsBOOMM
Guest


 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwharv View Post
I checked all the lyrics sites I use and none had this song.........
Yeah, I did a search for the lyrics before I posted the thread and i didn't come up with anything either. I think it was sung by David and Darcy Abbott. They are UPC, but I am not positive that it was them. Hopefully someone remembers. Thanks for looking for me though.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-08-2007, 01:09 AM
Praxeas's Avatar
Praxeas Praxeas is offline
Go Dodgers!


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 45,766
I can ask my Pastors wife if I remember...she sings this song in church sometimes
__________________
Let it be understood that Apostolic Friends Forum is an Apostolic Forum.
Apostolic is defined on AFF as:


  1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-08-2007, 01:11 AM
MrsBOOMM
Guest


 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
I can ask my Pastors wife if I remember...she sings this song in church sometimes
oooh, that would be so cool I would really appreciate it.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-08-2007, 01:16 AM
jwharv jwharv is offline
Resident Insomniac


 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Alabama
Posts: 1,222
I have heard that song all my life and I love it, but I just can't remember it....... LOL
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-08-2007, 01:23 AM
MrsBOOMM
Guest


 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwharv View Post
I have heard that song all my life and I love it, but I just can't remember it....... LOL
i can't tell you how many times I've sung it myself but can't for the life of me think of the missing words. I asked my husband who helps me out from time to time to remember old songs and he said, those verses don't even go with that song. Well, I think they do so we'll see. lol
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-08-2007, 06:47 AM
Sweet Pea Sweet Pea is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,177
My Lord & My God
by David & Darcy Abbott (circa 1976)

Cho
He's my Lord & my God
He's not just a stranger to me
When I looked past the veil
It was easy to see
He's my Lord & my God.

I.
Thomas the doubter said I won't believe
Until the nail prints I see
But when the Master appeared
All his doubt fled away
And Thomas fell to his knees.

Cho.


II
Skeptics today bring confusion to all
And tradition just won't let some folks see
But Jesus Christ said
I'm the way and the life
You can't know God unless you know me

Cho
He's my Lord & my God
He's not just a stranger to me
When I looked past the veil,
It was easy to see
He's my Lord & my God.

When I looked past the veil
It was easy to see
He's my Lord....
The wonderful counselor (back-up singers)
He's my Lord.....
The everlasting Father (back-up singers)
He's my Lord....
The Prince of Peace (back-up singers)
He's my Lord & my God
__________________
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-08-2007, 10:35 AM
SoCaliUPC's Avatar
SoCaliUPC SoCaliUPC is offline
Blessed!


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,320
Talk about a blast from the past....
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-08-2007, 01:11 PM
MrsBOOMM
Guest


 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Pea View Post
My Lord & My God
by David & Darcy Abbott (circa 1976)

Cho
He's my Lord & my God
He's not just a stranger to me
When I looked past the veil
It was easy to see
He's my Lord & my God.

I.
Thomas the doubter said I won't believe
Until the nail prints I see
But when the Master appeared
All his doubt fled away
And Thomas fell to his knees.

Cho.


II
Skeptics today bring confusion to all
And tradition just won't let some folks see
But Jesus Christ said
I'm the way and the life
You can't know God unless you know me

Cho
He's my Lord & my God
He's not just a stranger to me
When I looked past the veil,
It was easy to see
He's my Lord & my God.

When I looked past the veil
It was easy to see
He's my Lord....
The wonderful counselor (back-up singers)
He's my Lord.....
The everlasting Father (back-up singers)
He's my Lord....
The Prince of Peace (back-up singers)
He's my Lord & my God
Thanks so much, you are a blessing!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lyrics to Mickey Mangun song Praxeas The Music Room 5 05-21-2010 04:11 AM
I Need Song Lyrics, Please! MrsBOOMM The Music Room 13 08-28-2009 10:06 AM
Song Lyrics Please LadyChocolate The Music Room 12 07-20-2007 11:23 PM
Song Lyrics Please LadyChocolate The Music Room 11 06-04-2007 12:18 AM
Song Lyrics MrsBOOMM The Music Room 11 04-05-2007 07:09 PM

 
User Infomation
Your Avatar

Latest Threads
- by Jito463
- by Salome

Help Support AFF!

Advertisement




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.