Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters > Islamic Issues and News
Facebook

Notices

Islamic Issues and News Discuss Islam and report on current issues regarding Islam

Old 01-26-2019, 06:40 AM
Registered Member

Re: Islam vs. Christianity Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Is it true that Islam forbids music except for prayer chanting? (Probably in a hadith somewhere?) So that qawwali is actually verboten?
Islam does not forbid music anywhere. Some of the islamic imams and teachers are like rigid UPC pastors who teach that christmas trees, short sleeves, swimsuits, TV (say that while you’re on the internet? Really?), and most “non-approved” music etc etc etc is all sinful then spiritually and emotionally eviscerate you if you do any of that. When those people get to take charge god help the folks they take charge of.

Prolly why the authors of our constitution took some time to nail that down.

Great to be back in Texas. Believe we’ll settle down for awhile.
Old 01-26-2019, 06:42 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by esaias View Post
dinner on the grounds shalt include barbeque (the real stuff) and mashed taters.

Let him who playeth a fiddle keep silent in church, unless there be also both a banjo and banjo player present.

Let your women crank it up on the hammond, no limits on the volume level.

Wherever two or more are gathered together and have at least one tambourine, thou shalt have church.

Wood floors preferred (for exercising the gift of foot stompin').

Snakes optional. Rattlers not included.

Helicopter whirl only if wearing a wig/toupee.

Guitar players must wear plaid, long sleeve work shirts, and justin boots.

No southern accent? Not to be on the platform, but git in that pray'r lahn, gonna have some hands a-laid on ya.

Preachers must have mouth on microphone when speaking, and sound man shall set both gain and volume to "11".

I'm sure there's more. At least, prolly oughtta be more.
lolll.....
Old 01-28-2019, 12:46 AM
Happily "off the chain"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walks_in_islam View Post
Islam does not forbid music anywhere. Some of the islamic imams and teachers are like rigid UPC pastors who teach that christmas trees, short sleeves, swimsuits, TV (say that while you’re on the internet? Really?), and most “non-approved” music etc etc etc is all sinful then spiritually and emotionally eviscerate you if you do any of that. When those people get to take charge god help the folks they take charge of.

Prolly why the authors of our constitution took some time to nail that down.

Great to be back in Texas. Believe we’ll settle down for awhile.
So, no fatwas against my Fateh Ali Khan (Nusrat, the best) CD? At least none I need worry about?

Instead of google, use www.yandex.com

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - http://www.robertwr.com/

Old 01-28-2019, 10:37 PM
Registered Member

[QUOTE=Esaias;1557381]So, no fatwas against my Fateh Ali Khan (Nusrat, the best) CD? At least none I need worry about? [/QUOTE

😂😂😂 Are they still after him?
Advice though: You blast that stuff out up there and you might trigger a “see something say something” call from one of your neighbors. Paperwork you may not need. Just sayin’ 😂😂😂
Old 01-29-2019, 12:32 AM
Happily "off the chain"

Quote:

������ Are they still after him?
Advice though: You blast that stuff out up there and you might trigger a “see something say something” call from one of your neighbors. Paperwork you may not need. Just sayin’ ������
Ha! Plus my beard... but my daughter said I look more redneck than most of the locals. Cant be any worse than some of the kids in their lifted 4x4s with rebel flag stickers but blasting out Soulja Boy or Tupac.

I do get funny looks though when I'm cranking out my Wolfe Tones (Irish rebel music).

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Old 01-29-2019, 07:20 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Ha! Plus my beard... but my daughter said I look more redneck than most of the locals. Cant be any worse than some of the kids in their lifted 4x4s with rebel flag stickers but blasting out Soulja Boy or Tupac.

I do get funny looks though when I'm cranking out my Wolfe Tones (Irish rebel music).
pffft

You are about 10 gallons of Stetson from claiming the right of way up there Tex
Old 01-29-2019, 08:40 PM
Happily "off the chain"

Quote:
pffft

You are about 10 gallons of Stetson from claiming the right of way up there Tex
Stetson = cowboy. Redneck means ball cap with massively bent brim and torn edges.

I like my F350 dually flatbed, but I also like my all black Lexus with tinted windows. Every calls it our Russian Mob Car. Goes great with my trench coat.

Good thing you're back stateside, from what I hear Saudi is getting a wee bit crazy these days.

Old 01-30-2019, 02:08 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Stetson = cowboy. Redneck means ball cap with massively bent brim and torn edges.

I like my F350 dually flatbed, but I also like my all black Lexus with tinted windows. Every calls it our Russian Mob Car. Goes great with my trench coat.

Good thing you're back stateside, from what I hear Saudi is getting a wee bit crazy these days.

Impeccable timing as it turns out. I don’t believe in luck, so it musta been something else.
Hmmmm That black mob car’s a lot of fun ‘til summer de-dusting season and it’s gotta be de-particulated two or three times a week. June-ish is when the “what was I thinking” color selection moment descends. I see the signs. Hadda get my wife one when we got back-she picked black. Sigh. LOL