Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 08-27-2016, 07:53 AM
Registered Member

Christian lead separatist movement

Quote:
Roger Williams (c. 1603 – between January and March 1683) was a Puritan, an English Reformed theologian, and later a Reformed Baptist who was an early proponent of religious freedom and separation of church and state, and a supporter of members of the Free Will Baptist movement.

He was expelled by the Puritan leaders from the colony of Massachusetts because they thought that he was spreading "new and dangerous ideas", so he began the colony of Providence Plantation in 1636 (later becoming the State of Rhode island) which provided a refuge for religious minorities. Williams was a member of the first Baptist church in America, the First Baptist Church of Providence.[1]

It is time to draw inspiration from this man. It must start where the ground is already fertile for a separatists movement, a state like Texas. While Williams did not start a whole new country, he still demonstrates what a determined few can achieve. Christians in Texas must lead the way by electing State officials who will protect them from unconstitutional edicts from Washington and who are completely loyal to Texas sovereignty. If Texans are not given their rights within the Union, then they must demand separation. We can do this. History proves it. Christians in other States will be inspired to start similar movements in their States. If Texas leaves, will not Oklahoma and Utah follow? This is our only hope.

Last edited by Originalist; 08-27-2016 at 07:58 AM.
Old 08-27-2016, 11:57 PM
On the road less traveled

Re: Christian lead separatist movement

This world is not my home.... we are strangers and pilgrims here, O.
Old 08-28-2016, 05:16 AM
Banned

Old 08-28-2016, 06:58 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeptByTheWord View Post

So true. But guess what? We might be stuck in this place that is not my home for quite some time yet? Why not take some action where we can educate our kids as we see fit or protect the unborn without a Federal judge dictating to us?

Playing the "this world is not my home" card will come back to bite you hard.
Old 08-28-2016, 09:52 AM
Yeshua is God

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeptByTheWord View Post
Yes it is so, but we still need to make it a better place while we still in it.
Old 08-28-2016, 12:55 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
It is time to draw inspiration from this man. It must start where the ground is already fertile for a separatists movement, a state like Texas. While Williams did not start a whole new country, he still demonstrates what a determined few can achieve. Christians in Texas must lead the way by electing State officials who will protect them from unconstitutional edicts from Washington and who are completely loyal to Texas sovereignty. If Texans are not given their rights within the Union, then they must demand separation. We can do this. History proves it. Christians in other States will be inspired to start similar movements in their States. If Texas leaves, will not Oklahoma and Utah follow? This is our only hope.
Christians need to what? You strongly support a candidate for POTUS who can't even pronounce the books of the Bible. The man isn't a Christian and neither is his wife. And now you want Texas to secede? What a ridiculous notion. We are the UNITED States of America. Businesses that reach into every state, families that live in other states, armed forces that pledge to protect and defend the whole country. You want division, just like the candidate you support. We are stronger if we stand together trusting in God to save, heal, deliver and protect us. The Bible tells us to PRAY for our leaders so that we can live in peace. Do that first and foremost.
Old 08-28-2016, 01:23 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Christians need to what? You strongly support a candidate for POTUS who can't even pronounce the books of the Bible. The man isn't a Christian and neither is his wife. And now you want Texas to secede? What a ridiculous notion. We are the UNITED States of America. Businesses that reach into every state, families that live in other states, armed forces that pledge to protect and defend the whole country. You want division, just like the candidate you support. We are stronger if we stand together trusting in God to save, heal, deliver and protect us. The Bible tells us to PRAY for our leaders so that we can live in peace. Do that first and foremost.

Tell all of that to Martin Luther. I'm glad he did not try to "work things out within the apostasy" but instead left the Catholic Church with the Bible. Our Founders did not believe in "Union for Union's sake". We are States, sovereign communities. When the "Union" abandons the Constitution, those States that still want it adhered to have the right and duty to leave with Constitution and flag and reconstitute the true United States elsewhere. United we all fall into the same pit of anti-Americanism and anti-Chrisitan apostasy. You can have your "Union" with hell. And you have the nerve to accuse people like me of the division. I guess you'd have been accusing Luther or our Apostolic leaders in 1914 of "causing division" as well. Your statements show your true ignorance of our country's history. We started out of rebellion to oppression and that is the only way any part of what is the USA will remain free.

And again, your rantings about Trump have nothing to add to this conversation. The man is not anti-Christian as Hillary is.
Old 08-28-2016, 02:42 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
Tell all of that to Martin Luther. I'm glad he did not try to "work things out within the apostasy" but instead left the Catholic Church with the Bible. Our Founders did not believe in "Union for Union's sake". We are States, sovereign communities. When the "Union" abandons the Constitution, those States that still want it adhered to have the right and duty to leave with Constitution and flag and reconstitute the true United States elsewhere. United we all fall into the same pit of anti-Americanism and anti-Chrisitan apostasy. You can have your "Union" with hell. And you have the nerve to accuse people like me of the division. I guess you'd have been accusing Luther or our Apostolic leaders in 1914 of "causing division" as well. Your statements show your true ignorance of our country's history. We started out of rebellion to oppression and that is the only way any part of what is the USA will remain free.

And again, your rantings about Trump have nothing to add to this conversation. The man is not anti-Christian as Hillary is.
A Convention of States would be a better direction to go than seceding.

Trump has everything to do with your ridiculous post. You can't propose to defend anything remotely close to true Christianity while defending Donal Trump for President. Stand for Christianity on every level, not just the state level. Please.
Old 08-28-2016, 02:55 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
A Convention of States would be a better direction to go than seceding.

Trump has everything to do with your ridiculous post. You can't propose to defend anything remotely close to true Christianity while defending Donal Trump for President. Stand for Christianity on every level, not just the state level. Please.
You completely miss the point as to why I call for a Christian "lead" separatist movement. There is not such thing as a "Christian nation" in a legal sense. This is what Roger Williams fought against. We don't need a theocracy. We need a movement "lead" by Christians since Christians are bearing the brunt of unconstitutional edicts.. We need the religious liberty at a State and local level that our revolutionary forbearers gave to us. The 2016 election has little to do with this, though the results could either slow the inevitable separation or speed it up. I'm more concerned about the States retaining their rights than I am "promoting Christianity at every level". Our problem is not a religious problem, it's a constitutional problem. But concerning the candidates, Trump is the only one pointing out how Christians in America and around the world are losing their rights. You are a lover of the Federal branch. You think the cure to all our ills is the right "Federal" leaders. The real solution is adherence to the Constitution. And what will you suggest when we come up one State shy of ratification of the proposed amendments passed by the Convention of States? Do 36 States have bow to the will of the other 14 who reject the constitution? Will you still exalt your "union at all costs" garbage then?

Last edited by Originalist; 08-28-2016 at 03:00 PM.
Old 08-28-2016, 03:01 PM
Registered Member