Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 06-24-2016, 09:03 AM
Registered Member

SCOTUS affirms discrimination against whites (L)

Please read the following statement carefully concerning Justice Anthony Kennedy's majority brief in yesterday's SCOTUS decision about affirmative action....

Quote:
"The majority opinion written by Justice Anthony M. Kennedy reiterated previous high-court rulings that diversity justifies some intrusion on the Constitution’s guarantee of equal protection, which generally forbids the government from making decisions based on race."
Interpretation....

Quote:
"There are times when it is fine to rob white people, based on their race, of their constitutional rights of equal protection"

Let that sink in for a minute. Can you imagine anyone with this view of Constitutional interpretation ever being licensed to practice law, much less serve on the highest court in the land?

Unless the Federal Courts are dismantled, this will continue. Congress has the authority per the Constitution to define the limits of jurisdiction of the Federal Courts. Mike Huckabee was the only candidate to even mention this in one of the debates.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ecb_story.html
Old 06-26-2016, 01:31 PM
Registered Member

Re: SCOTUS affirms discrimination against whites (

That case is NOT saying what you are trying to make it say.

You seem to post as if you have no idea of the damage for generations that Jim Crow laws has had and will have on non-white people. We won't even address the affects of other local, state, and national evils and how just those "institutions" have made it necessary to help minorities succeed in this country today.

Everything is not racially equal in America yet. We have come a long ways and that, pretty fast-- but we have a long ways to go.

Education is one of the ways that we can help right the wrongs of the past.

Wading into this shark tank of a thread is probably a mistake.

The CRA was only passed 9 years before I was born and there were still rampant racial segregation and other racial wrongs still happening in my own lifetime!

My Dad was an adult for the passing of the CRA!

People think that a collective 200 years of wrong-doing can be corrected in 40 years with a wink and a prayer.

It's not that easily rectified. It takes time.

Affirmative Action is an honest attempt to help those minorities who will help themselves. It is a NECESSARY protection.

Last edited by Jermyn Davidson; 06-26-2016 at 01:34 PM.
Old 06-26-2016, 02:18 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermyn Davidson View Post

You seem to post as if you have no idea of the damage for generations that Jim Crow laws has had and will have on non-white people. We won't even address the affects of other local, state, and national evils and how just those "institutions" have made it necessary to help minorities succeed in this country today.

Everything is not racially equal in America yet. We have come a long ways and that, pretty fast-- but we have a long ways to go.

The CRA was only passed 9 years before I was born and there were still rampant racial segregation and other racial wrongs still happening in my own lifetime!

People think that a collective 200 years of wrong-doing can be corrected in 40 years with a wink and a prayer.

Affirmative Action is an honest attempt to help those minorities who will help themselves. It is a NECESSARY protection.

So, Jermyn thinks there are times that a person's equal protection under the law should be intruded upon due to their race. Got it.

Deny it though you may, that IS indeed what this amounts to, by the court's own admission.
Old 06-26-2016, 07:30 PM
Yeshua is God

Quote:

So we are doomed to have affirmative action for 200 years?

I though we were supposed to judge people according their character not their race?
Old 06-26-2016, 07:36 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingZword View Post
So we are doomed to have affirmative action for 200 years?

I thought we were supposed to judge people according their character not their race?
Good luck with that.
Old 06-26-2016, 07:47 PM
Registered Member

Because of past injustices we need to create more injustices? Why not simply let the most qualified person get the job? Why not have a college lottery to pick quotas. A lottery cannot discriminate.
Old 06-26-2016, 10:36 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
Because of past injustices we need to create more injustices? Why not simply let the most qualified person get the job? Why not have a college lottery to pick quotas. A lottery cannot discriminate.
Because what you are suggesting is rational and we are living in a time in this country where rationality has been flushed down the toilet.
Old 06-27-2016, 03:42 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
Because there is an Agenda.

Once is coincidence. Twice is suspicious. Thrice is enemy action.

Etc.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 06-27-2016, 03:43 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:

At what point will victory be achieved and all this 'affirmative action' can be done away with?

Or will there still get to be Two Minutes of Hate every day?

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 06-30-2016, 12:15 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
At what point will victory be achieved and all this 'affirmative action' can be done away with?

Or will there still get to be Two Minutes of Hate every day?
I would have thought having a black president would have been a tangible victory to start rethinking the process.