Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Library > Café Blog-a-bit
Facebook

Notices

Café Blog-a-bit Our own cozy coffeehouse to congregate and share.

Old 07-17-2008, 09:27 AM
Registered Member

Re: My New Blog - Divorce and Remarriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Vaughn View Post
I would be interested in discussing that

I Cor 7:11

I Cor 7:11 - But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried, or be reconciled to [her] husband: and let not the husband put away [his] wife.
Paul is writing instructing SAINTS not sinners. The only message to the sinner is Acts 2:38!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-17-2008, 09:36 AM
Dr. Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
Dr. V. The man or woman who goes INTO the water are NOT the same as those who come OUT of the water. Their sins INCLUDING adultery are remitted and old things are PASSED AWAY because the old man DIED and was BURIED and ALL THINGS including their marriage status has become NEW.
To be justified is forgiven as though they NEVER committed the crime. When one is BORN AGAIN they are justified thus their old record is ERASED or BLOTTED out. They have a NEW life that began at their NEW BIRTH. They are NOT required to go back and right all their wrongs that is penance NOT repentance! Their wrongs are forgiven and remitted NEVER TO BE REMEMBERED!
Elder

What, should we continue in sin? God Forbid

When a man comes to Christ and he has a living wife... the marriage is not considered obsolte because the marriage took place before salvation

Marriage is not just honorable and accepted after salvation...

Marriage is honorable IN ALL.. this is scripture bye the way

So the question remains if God considered the unbelievers marriage honorable and accepts the Covenant between them.... is that marriage no longer honorable because that person was saved?

If one has AIDS before salvation.... does he no longer have them after salvation? Is the OLD MAN really dead,, then AIDS died with it......There are some things that do not change.. a MARRIAGE VOW is one of those things Elder........Now the question is.. do we CONTINUE IN SIN

GOD FORBID

So if the new believer is remarried does he continue in a sinful marriage that God does not recognize?

God told the woman at the well that the man she was with then was not her husband...

Do our unpaid contracts go away after salvation? Is marriage not a contract making two people become ONE PERSON? Who can now divide that one person into two again?
Old 07-17-2008, 09:39 AM
Cross-examine it!

So a man comes to your church and is saved, but prior to this he has divorced his first wife, and both have remarried and now he has kids with his second wife.

What do you tell him?
Old 07-17-2008, 09:48 AM
Cross-examine it!

Quote:
Jesus speaking to the woman at the well,,, acknowledged she had been married 5 times... and he plainly told her... that the husband she had at that time was not her husband..... he could not be her husband because she had a LIVING husband .the MAN YOU ARE WITH is NOT YOUR HUSBAND he told her.....
Lets work through this...

16He told her, "Go, call your husband and come back."

17"I have no husband," she replied.

The woman said I am not marrried.

Jesus said to her, "You are right when you say you have no husband. 18The fact is, you have had five husbands, and the man you now have is not your husband. What you have just said is quite true."

Jesus said your right you are just shackin' up.

The one your living with you aren't married to, BUT YOU HAVE HAD 5 HUSBANDS.

He didn't say she had one husband he said she had 5, the issue wasn't divorce or remarriage, but a lack of marriage.
Old 07-17-2008, 09:51 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Elder

What, should we continue in sin? God Forbid

When a man comes to Christ and he has a living wife... the marriage is not considered obsolte because the marriage took place before salvation

Marriage is not just honorable and accepted after salvation...

Marriage is honorable IN ALL.. this is scripture bye the way

So the question remains if God considered the unbelievers marriage honorable and accepts the Covenant between them.... is that marriage no longer honorable because that person was saved?

If one has AIDS before salvation.... does he no longer have them after salvation? Is the OLD MAN really dead,, then AIDS died with it......There are some things that do not change.. a MARRIAGE VOW is one of those things Elder........Now the question is.. do we CONTINUE IN SIN

GOD FORBID

So if the new believer is remarried does he continue in a sinful marriage that God does not recognize?

God told the woman at the well that the man she was with then was not her husband...

Do our unpaid contracts go away after salvation? Is marriage not a contract making two people become ONE PERSON? Who can now divide that one person into two again?
Your questions answered:
1. They are MARRIED that is what makes it adultery. That couple who IS MARRIED goes INTO the water and their SINS are washed away and they are a NEW COUPLE with a NEW record. Their sins of the past are REMITTED thus GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2. A person might have AIDS and do not get healed but being healed and being SAVED are not the same. They might have to reap what they have sown in the flesh but their RECORD is CLEAR BEFORE GOD who justified them!
3. They are NOT continuing in sin since that old person who was married twice NO LONGER LIVES he died and was buried and DEATH FREES HIM.
4. The woman at the well was NOT married to the last man Jesus made the distinction between those she had been married to and the one she was shacking with.
5. The person tha tmade the contract is NOT the same person or the new birth is NOT a new birth. A New Birth means a New person. That is to God.
Can a person who takes a girl's virginity ever give it back? NO!
Old 07-17-2008, 09:54 AM
Dr. Vaughn

So does the new man now have 1 living wife or 2 living wives?

Can a person just keep praying back through after each divorce and be right with God

How many wives does the born again man have?
Old 07-17-2008, 09:56 AM
Dr. Vaughn

So what does God consider the divorced wife of the NEW BORN AGAIN husband of hers? Is she no longer considered put away because the man is now born again?
Old 07-17-2008, 09:58 AM
Dr. Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron1710 View Post
So a man comes to your church and is saved, but prior to this he has divorced his first wife, and both have remarried and now he has kids with his second wife.

What do you tell him?
I tell him to place himself in the hands of a merciful God..... and to never commit this same sin of double marriage again
Old 07-17-2008, 10:08 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
So what does God consider the divorced wife of the NEW BORN AGAIN husband of hers? Is she no longer considered put away because the man is now born again?
The man is accepted as he comes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A NEW person with a NEW life.
Old 07-17-2008, 10:10 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
So does the new man now have 1 living wife or 2 living wives?

Can a person just keep praying back through after each divorce and be right with God

How many wives does the born again man have?
IN THE CHURCH after the NEW BIRTH his new record begins he is allowed one marriage unless death is involved.