Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 03-19-2009, 08:42 AM
Registered Member

Four Marks of the True Church

(Also, “Marks of the Church”)

The Four Marks describe a belief in Christendom that the body of Christ—the church—is characterized by four “marks” or distinctives. These marks are found in the early church and found their way into the Creed of Constantinople in 381, “‘[We believe] In one, holy, catholic, and apostolic Church.’”
1) One: this describes the unity of the body of Christ. It is not many, but one.
2) Holy: This describes its nature as being “set apart” unto God, his possession. It also describes its aspiration to be like God in its character.
3) Catholic (universal): this describes its universality. The body of Christ is not limited to a time, place, race, or culture.
4) Apostolic: This describes its origin and beliefs. The church’s teaching are apostolic in that they find their roots in the teachings of the Apostles.

http://wordoftheday.reclaimingthemin...e-true-church/
His banner over me is LOVE.... My soul followeth hard after thee....Love one another with a pure heart fervently. Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?

To be a servant of God, it will cost us our total commitment to God, and God alone. His burden must be our burden... Sis Alvear
Old 03-19-2009, 08:45 AM
Still Figuring It Out.

Re: Four Marks of the True Church

Excellent marks to set one's sights on.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:48 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizpeh View Post
(Also, “Marks of the Church”)

The Four Marks describe a belief in Christendom that the body of Christ—the church—is characterized by four “marks” or distinctives. These marks are found in the early church and found their way into the Creed of Constantinople in 381, “‘[We believe] In one, holy, catholic, and apostolic Church.’”
1) One: this describes the unity of the body of Christ. It is not many, but one.
2) Holy: This describes its nature as being “set apart” unto God, his possession. It also describes its aspiration to be like God in its character.
3) Catholic (universal): this describes its universality. The body of Christ is not limited to a time, place, race, or culture.
4) Apostolic: This describes its origin and beliefs. The church’s teaching are apostolic in that they find their roots in the teachings of the Apostles.

http://wordoftheday.reclaimingthemin...e-true-church/
I would say there teaching is THE SAME as the Apostles. Not just that they have "roots" in them.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:58 PM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
I would say there teaching is THE SAME as the Apostles. Not just that they have "roots" in them.
I think we all like to think our teaching is the same as the Apostles.
But we wind up with differences among ourselves.
Old 03-20-2009, 01:34 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
I think we all like to think our teaching is the same as the Apostles.
But we wind up with differences among ourselves.
The topic is marks of the true Church. To have the truth is very basic to that. I do not claim the Oneness Pentecostal Church is the True Church. They have ELEMENTS of the true Church but still fall short.

The true Church in the full sense of the word is extremely hard to find. Im sure its exists in an organic form in whoever has the Spirit in them.

But as in context of the topic there will be those who are wrong and those who are right. Those who are wrong will think they are right. Yet there IS a real full Gospel New Testament Church to either be found or restored in the Earth.
Old 03-27-2009, 07:03 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizpeh View Post
Now, now, sister, I thought the church was bound to campmeeting 1955!

-Bro. Alex