Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 04-20-2017, 09:30 AM
Registered Member

Just Typing Truth ...

I know a few churches whose youth leader couldn't lead ants to a cow patty for feasting, much-less teach their youth how to maintain a relationship with god. So, to keep the youth in church, they bring in colored lights and smoke machines into youth services to entertain them!

I didn't know the Holy Ghost was too weak and boring, that it would need the assistance of colored lights and smoke machines to win and keep the youth.

FYI...I'm only 38 years of age.

God, I don't know what happened between my youth until the present day. Where did you fail? In my teenage years, your word and spirit kept me. I didn't need the assistance of smoke machines and colored lights to be kept by you. The awe of your power and who you are, they were enough for me until I decided to leave your presence for a few years, in my rebelliousness. However, it was your mercy that allowed me repentance and reconciliation of our relationship in my early adulthood years.

God, I'm curious, if your word and power were good enough for me in my teenage years, why isn't it good enough for the youth now? Are you lacking somewhere? Are you losing your touch? Why have church services adopted colored lights and smoke machines into church services? God, could it be that your ways are too old fashion?

God, could it be that our current leaders have just gone stupid? Could it be that our present youths and leaders live on a hype of emotionalism, have no clue in maintaining a relationship with you, so they need entertainment? Could it be that our current leaders don't know how to get a hold of you, so they substitute the leading of your spirit with a bunch of stupidity? Are they too stupid to realize that nothing can substitute the results of prayer and fasting?
Old 04-20-2017, 09:55 AM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Re: Just Typing Truth ...

Yeah I wonder how the book of Acts had massive outpourings of the Spirit without youth groups, stage lights, bands, drama teams....Peter healed a lame man and he followed them into the temple leaping and praising God...The people rushed him and John and he preached Jesus into them and 5000 got the HolyGhost.

We live in a culture of distraction...We no longer willingly seek God but we have to be lured and distracted into seeking Him by setting a mood, atmosphere by emotional manipulation and special effects.

Moses didn't seek God on his own willingly, for 80 years he lived without seeking Jehovah until finally God had to get his attention by setting a bush on fire that did not burn. I wonder how many more years Israel had to remain in bondage because Moses did not seek God on with his own volition.

God help me to seek after Him without relying on distraction to do so....
Old 04-20-2017, 10:09 AM
Isaiah 56:4-5

What massive outpourings?
Old 04-20-2017, 10:19 AM
Believe, Obey, Declare

3,000 5,000 souls at a time and then the individual households being converted. It was estimated that 1/3 of the known world was converted...Just something I had read.

Also think of this.

Jesus fed 5,000...But it's been said that women and children were not counted....If that's the case He could have fed up to 20,000.

Could it be that the outpourings of Acts were numbered in the same way? Men only counted? If that's the case, just how massive WERE those outpourings?
Old 04-20-2017, 10:24 AM
Registered Member

Stupid youth leaders! I mean, c'mon! These guys are so dumb. D. U. M. B. Dumb!

As a former youth minister for about 15 years, I get so sick of seeing posts like this. I also am tired of "bash the worship leader" threads, as I spent nearly 20 years leading worship.

Perhaps if parents weren't so lazy and if father's conducted their role as spiritual leaders of the home, instead of passing it off to their wives, perhaps then kids wouldn't be such carnal, entertainment driven brats! But dad's are too busy chasing money or playing golf and mom's are too busy on FB or Pinterest, and both simply pay for a phone, ipad, Netflix, etc to entertain their kids so they won't have to. They dress up nice and praise God on Sunday, but don't mention Him during the week. They don't pray or have devotions together, but will complain that the youth minister and youth group isn't keeping their carnal kid spiritual.

The lights are the least of the problems. Don't blame the lights on the kids being carnal.

That's just stupid.
Old 04-20-2017, 10:33 AM
Covenant Apostolic

IMO, people need to stop saying *if you save others, God will save your family*

The most important people you need to be making sure are saved is your family, not that the other isn't also important.
Old 04-20-2017, 10:40 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
Stupid youth leaders! I mean, c'mon! These guys are so dumb. D. U. M. B. Dumb!

As a former youth minister for about 15 years, I get so sick of seeing posts like this. I also am tired of "bash the worship leader" threads, as I spent nearly 20 years leading worship.

Perhaps if parents weren't so lazy and if father's conducted their role as spiritual leaders of the home, instead of passing it off to their wives, perhaps then kids wouldn't be such carnal, entertainment driven brats! But dad's are too busy chasing money or playing golf and mom's are too busy on FB or Pinterest, and both simply pay for a phone, ipad, Netflix, etc to entertain their kids so they won't have to. They dress up nice and praise God on Sunday, but don't mention Him during the week. They don't pray or have devotions together, but will complain that the youth minister and youth group isn't keeping their carnal kid spiritual.

The lights are the least of the problems. Don't blame the lights on the kids being carnal.

That's just stupid.

A youth leader is a youth leader. Where parents fail in teaching the responsibility of maintaining a relationship with God, that's where you step in as a youth minister. Thus, the "minister" in "youth minister."

Under you're analogy, if two parents are unsaved devils and their child attends church, it's the parent's responsibility to teach their child about God, even though they don't serve God?

You see how dumb your comment is?

As a minister, you step in and help! That's the problem with this generation! If you're not there to step in and help, what are you there for?
Old 04-20-2017, 10:42 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
IMO, people need to stop saying *if you save others, God will save your family*

The most important people you need to be making sure are saved is your family, not that the other isn't also important.
Everyone is equally important!
Old 04-20-2017, 10:46 AM
Registered Member

The youth group I grew up in was a close-knit group. We didn't have lights or fog or anything. For a game, we did the Bible Sword Drill. Remember that?

I've used stage lighting, even used some fog and FX lighting for games and skits. We kept the lights on during the service, unless there was a skit we did. Stage lighting was for fx, just to efficiently light the stage.

We had skits and games -- GASP! Several of the short sketches we did led to incredible altar services with kids receiving the HG. But put me on blast, because during those sketches I used fog and fx lighting.

It's typically that the one's who have never been in the position are the one's who complain the most.

But please, don't let me stop the "whack a youth minister" game so many love to play!
Old 04-20-2017, 10:53 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainWashed View Post
A youth leader is a youth leader. Where parents fail in teaching the responsibility of maintaining a relationship with God, that's where you step in as a youth minister. Thus, the "minister" in "youth minister."
Have you ever been in a ministry position? Oh right, no, you like to go on forums and post threads bashing your Pastor over tithes and comments he's made. You'd rather complain and gossip than actually do something.

Quote:
Under you're analogy, if two parents are unsaved devils and their child attends church, it's the parent's responsibility to teach their child about God, even though they don't serve God?
Where did I say their unsaved devils? All I stated was they live for God on Sunday and don't mention Him during the week. That, sadly, describes a LOT of homes today. They're just too occupied with their lives to fulfill their God-given roles.

Quote:
You see how dumb your comment is?
Wasn't dumb, you just misunderstood the analogy.

Quote:
As a minister, you step in and help! That's the problem with this generation! If you're not there to step in and help, what are you there for?
I don't know. I guess I could create threads and posts, bashing different ministers for what I consider to be their faults. That seems like it's pretty easy to do.