Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 01-27-2021, 08:40 AM
Registered Member

Re: Why is the church so polictical?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
I am considering the emboldened part in your post. I don't think that way anymore. I don't think Go necessarily chooses our leaders every time. I do believe God ordained our Constitution, but I think he expects us to preserve it through sound policy and choices. Sometimes we make lousy choices in who we elect. Sometimes there is fraud, and God chooses not to intervene.
Well, maybe the word "ordained" is too strong. Maybe God didn't destine Joe Biden to win the presidency, but God has certainly okayed it. He is now President Biden and should pray for him.

If God has allowed Joe Biden to obtain the presidency, then it's probably geared more towards us, as God's church, being urged to pray more. It's a wakeup call for the church and we've got to pray now more than ever. Times are dark and the leaders are dark. We're the light reflectors of this dark world and we must be on our A-game.
I believe in the baptism of the Holy Ghost, evidenced by speaking in tongues as the Spirit gives utterance.
I believe in living a holiness lifestyle, inwardly and outwardly, without which no man shall see the Lord.
Old 01-27-2021, 08:52 AM
Registered Member

I find the about face hilarious and fascinating.

Trump won the election, therefore he is God's choice.

Biden won the election, therefore God is OK with it.

Let's be consistent. If all elected officials are God's choice, then embrace it.

Be consistent. If all who are in office are "God's servant" then it does not matter if they are red or blue. They are by default, in their office by the plan of God.

My observation: elected officials are only there by God's will if they are exclusively from a certain party.

Please, do the entire world a favor, leave God out of politics.
Old 01-27-2021, 09:24 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Pitta View Post

Let's be consistent. If all elected officials are God's choice, then embrace it.

Be consistent. If all who are in office are "God's servant" then it does not matter if they are red or blue. They are by default, in their office by the plan of God.

My observation: elected officials are only there by God's will if they are exclusively from a certain party.

I'm no more a political Calvinist than I am an actual one. God was in this--insofar as our free-will was in it.

If our system is set up so as to at least pretend to count votes and award offices to winners, than it is our obligation as Christians to invoke these mechanisms. Sitting in some festering vortex of "faith" and trusting that some Templar-grade cabal is going to rout the bad guys "at the last minute, just you wait" is also of God--when he wants to drive home the point that stupidity isn't his hallmark.

And stupidity was a factor. The other was malfeasance at the ballot box--but I DO think it would have been overcome had Trump not played footsie with Q-anon.

And if you go back and read the Q-drops:

"Storm is coming"
"Trust the plan"
"enjoy the show"
"Get your popcorn"
"Sealed indictments."

And on and on and on and on.

Here's what you won't find on that site:

"make sure you vote."

The only thing I haven't seen there besides that is:

"Thanks for playing. Love the DNC."

Last edited by Ronnie G; 01-27-2021 at 11:08 AM.
Old 01-27-2021, 09:37 AM
Registered Member

I really don't think God gets involved in politics. He has better things to do with his time.

If churches were politically neutral, they would not have been muddied by the endless, mindless mudslinging that takes place.

The church could have kept a distance from all the political chaos and been a clear voice and a safe place for citizens who wanted protection and relief from the political cares of this world.

Instead, they soiled their testimony and flushed their reputation down the toilet.

Don't let the partisan world squeeze you into it's mold.

Since no political party can claim moral superiority, churches should distance themselves from all political parties.
Old 01-27-2021, 10:12 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro Flame View Post
Well, maybe the word "ordained" is too strong. Maybe God didn't destine Joe Biden to win the presidency, but God has certainly okayed it. He is now President Biden and should pray for him.

If God has allowed Joe Biden to obtain the presidency, then it's probably geared more towards us, as God's church, being urged to pray more. It's a wakeup call for the church and we've got to pray now more than ever. Times are dark and the leaders are dark. We're the light reflectors of this dark world and we must be on our A-game.
Amen.
Old 01-27-2021, 10:32 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
I really don't think God gets involved in politics. He has better things to do with his time.

If churches were politically neutral, they would not have been muddied by the endless, mindless mudslinging that takes place.

The church could have kept a distance from all the political chaos and been a clear voice and a safe place for citizens who wanted protection and relief from the political cares of this world.

Instead, they soiled their testimony and flushed their reputation down the toilet.

Since no political party can claim moral superiority, churches should distance themselves from all political parties.
I agree with this. We should do our part, though.

And praying for Biden and Harris is a part of that, too.
Old 01-27-2021, 10:58 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Churches should be politically neutral. Otherwise, outsiders will decided whether to visit based on partisan politics.

Be not conformed to this world.
Am I the only one that thinks it’s good to have left churches and right churches?
Old 01-27-2021, 11:07 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:

This is the propaganda from the antichristian satanist side of the political spectrum. Doesn't matter though because more and more people are waking up to reality. Scott is whistling past the graveyard at this point.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 01-27-2021, 11:11 AM
Registered Member

In my experience, in Wisconsin, churches have members from a variety of political parties, or no party preference at all.

Local churches are not uniform in their political preference. Churches have members of different political parties.
Old 01-27-2021, 03:26 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

You're absolutely right. If God chooses people to place in leadership, then he places everyone in those positions. Trump, Biden, no matter. If God did it, then God did it.
I believe in the baptism of the Holy Ghost, evidenced by speaking in tongues as the Spirit gives utterance.
I believe in living a holiness lifestyle, inwardly and outwardly, without which no man shall see the Lord.