Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Prayer Closet
Facebook

Notices

Prayer Closet The place to post prayer requests & testimonies. All new requests will auto-stick in Fellowship Hall for 48 hours.

Old 01-22-2018, 09:46 AM
Registered Member

My Father-in-law has suffered a stroke.

Agustin Gomez. 63. He lives in Mexico. We depleted our meager savings to see him over the holidays. I knew it would destroy us financially to do so, but for my wife's sake I'm glad we did. My wife is devastated. My Mother-in law needs her daughter. We have 2 young girls in school. I'm in graduate school. We need our Father's strong hand. Thank you for praying.
Old 01-22-2018, 09:48 AM
Not riding the train

Re: My Father-in-law has suffered a stroke.

Will be praying for all. My father passed away at 63 - it is too young!
Old 01-22-2018, 10:20 AM
Covenant Apostolic

praying for your family, health and finances.
Old 01-22-2018, 12:23 PM
Sister Alvear

praying

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear
Old 01-22-2018, 02:50 PM
of 9!! :)

Prayers for your family!
Old 01-22-2018, 06:26 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
Agustin Gomez. 63. He lives in Mexico. We depleted our meager savings to see him over the holidays. I knew it would destroy us financially to do so, but for my wife's sake I'm glad we did. My wife is devastated. My Mother-in law needs her daughter. We have 2 young girls in school. I'm in graduate school. We need our Father's strong hand. Thank you for praying.
Praying in Jesus name
Old 01-29-2018, 02:49 PM
Registered Member

He was sent home by ambulance 3 days ago. He can speak fairly well and he can eat. But he can only move his left arm. This is going to be very hard on the family. They are well-off financially. But their business owns THEM. if you know what I mean, They literally work 365 days a year. Having to care for Papa now will require a full time nurse. Thanks for praying.
Old 01-29-2018, 10:20 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
He was sent home by ambulance 3 days ago. He can speak fairly well and he can eat. But he can only move his left arm. This is going to be very hard on the family. They are well-off financially. But their business owns THEM. if you know what I mean, They literally work 365 days a year. Having to care for Papa now will require a full time nurse. Thanks for praying.
Please stress to your FIL how important rehab will be for regaining use of the parts of his body that are partially paralyzed now. My mom had a stroke atabout 60 years old that affected one side of her body. They told her that whatever use she would get back for her affected side would all happen the first year but that was not true. She made great progress that first year but kept up all of the rehab exercises on her own beyond that and for years regained more and more strength and movement in her weak side.

By contrast a neighbor had a stroke with similar paralysis but refused to do any rehap because it was painful and progress was slow. His weak side became firmly and permanently paralyzed before very long.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 02-05-2018, 05:15 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
Please stress to your FIL how important rehab will be for regaining use of the parts of his body that are partially paralyzed now. My mom had a stroke atabout 60 years old that affected one side of her body. They told her that whatever use she would get back for her affected side would all happen the first year but that was not true. She made great progress that first year but kept up all of the rehab exercises on her own beyond that and for years regained more and more strength and movement in her weak side.

By contrast a neighbor had a stroke with similar paralysis but refused to do any rehap because it was painful and progress was slow. His weak side became firmly and permanently paralyzed before very long.
Thanks for that word of wisdom. So far he has been cooperating and there are signs of improvement.