Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 09-29-2009, 09:21 AM
Christmas 2009

Re: My Name is on www.wedeclare.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitehawk013 View Post
And I thinkyou know very well that no one is substituting anything. The list in Galatians is preached against plenty. You are trying to defelct. No one is saying someone can live in those sins all they want as long as they "look the part". You know that.

And how does one dress differnt or like a sinner? Easy. Have you looked at how trashy and sickening people in the world dress? Pretty easy to say since you are suppsoed to be a Christian....dress contrary to them.
Newsflash: A lot of people "in the world" (unbelievers) do NOT dress trashy or sickening. Where have you been????? That's like preachers who try to say everyone who wears makeup looks like Tammy Faye - totally erroneous! There are extremes to everything.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:21 AM
My Family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissBrattified View Post
I've noticed some very important and prominent names missing from www.wedeclare.org. That is ALSO very telling and revealing, and we would all do well to take note of who, in leadership, did NOT sign the document.
Exactly. So, as some are wanting "others to exit", what happens if they do not?

Are the ones on the wedeclare going to leave?

The energy would be bettter used working on UNITY than division.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:22 AM
Getting to know Jesus

I think the following describes how we need to need to live in order to "be separate."

1 Thessalonians 4:1-12 (KJV)

1Furthermore then we beseech you, brethren, and exhort you by the Lord Jesus, that as ye have received of us how ye ought to walk and to please God, so ye would abound more and more.
2For ye know what commandments we gave you by the Lord Jesus.
3For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication:
4That every one of you should know how to possess his vessel in sanctification and honour;
5Not in the lust of concupiscence, even as the Gentiles which know not God:
6That no man go beyond and defraud his brother in any matter: because that the Lord is the avenger of all such, as we also have forewarned you and testified.
7For God hath not called us unto uncleanness, but unto holiness.
8He therefore that despiseth, despiseth not man, but God, who hath also given unto us his holy Spirit.
9But as touching brotherly love ye need not that I write unto you: for ye yourselves are taught of God to love one another.
10And indeed ye do it toward all the brethren which are in all Macedonia: but we beseech you, brethren, that ye increase more and more;
11And that ye study to be quiet, and to do your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you;
12 That ye may walk honestly toward them that are without, and that ye may have lack of nothing.

Also:

Galatians 5:19-23 (KJV)

19Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
Psa 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

1Pe 5:6-7 Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

Tit 3:2 To speak evil of no man, to be no brawlers, but gentle, shewing all meekness unto all men.

Psa 51:10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:25 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitehawk013 View Post
And I thinkyou know very well that no one is substituting anything. The list in Galatians is preached against plenty. You are trying to defelct. No one is saying someone can live in those sins all they want as long as they "look the part". You know that.

And how does one dress differnt or like a sinner? Easy. Have you looked at how trashy and sickening people in the world dress? Pretty easy to say since you are suppsoed to be a Christian....dress contrary to them.
I'm not trying to dress "different" from a sinner, Nitehawk. I try to obey the Word and wear modest apparel. That will cause a natural difference to occur in most cases, but we shouldn't "dress contrary to them" just to achieve difference.

It's backwards.

And my point was that these are peripherals that don't belong in a document with core doctrines that can't be refuted or debated.

HOLINESS is simply purity. A freedom from sin, or impurity. What a person LOOKS like is the most shallow end of that pool, and the "wedeclare" authors have made it the essence of holiness.

Let's rail against lying, stealing, coveting, envy, divisions, sexual impurity, "and the such like", instead.

Leave issues of outward appearance to the pastors and local church leadership.

Why is that so hard?

"To see no being, not God’s or any, but you also go thither,
To see no possession but you may possess it—enjoying all without labor or purchase—
abstracting the feast, yet not abstracting one particle of it;…."

--Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass, Song of the Open Road
Old 09-29-2009, 09:25 AM
the ultracon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissBrattified View Post
People are being different just for the sake of being different. That is incorrect motivation, and leads to pride, hypocrisy, a departure from scriptural principle, and ultimately, confusion.

We're supposed to obey the Word. And IF and WHEN that causes us to stand out from the world, (which it often will), then we are not to be FEARFUL of that difference. That doesn't mean we pursue difference just so we will stand out from the world. The motivation has to be an adherence to the Word, and not just preservation of a certain "look."

I've noticed some very important and prominent names missing from www.wedeclare.org. That is ALSO very telling and revealing, and we would all do well to take note of who, in leadership, did NOT sign the document.
before our forum posted a few threads there were only 50 or 60 signers. We gave then a 300+ boost.

The signers will taper off now that the dust has settled a bit.

PLUS with the EDIT today of article four the document becones null and void.

The change of wording after collecting over 300 signatures renders the article illegal in a court of law, which i know it's not going to a court of law...I'm just saying... these guys are worthy of a great big laugh.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:26 AM
Administrator

Great scriptures, Subdued.

"To see no being, not God’s or any, but you also go thither,
To see no possession but you may possess it—enjoying all without labor or purchase—
abstracting the feast, yet not abstracting one particle of it;…."

--Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass, Song of the Open Road
Old 09-29-2009, 09:28 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subdued View Post
I think the following describes how we need to need to live in order to "be separate."

1 Thessalonians 4:1-12 (KJV)

1Furthermore then we beseech you, brethren, and exhort you by the Lord Jesus, that as ye have received of us how ye ought to walk and to please God, so ye would abound more and more.
2For ye know what commandments we gave you by the Lord Jesus.
3For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication:
4That every one of you should know how to possess his vessel in sanctification and honour;
5Not in the lust of concupiscence, even as the Gentiles which know not God:
6That no man go beyond and defraud his brother in any matter: because that the Lord is the avenger of all such, as we also have forewarned you and testified.
7For God hath not called us unto uncleanness, but unto holiness.
8He therefore that despiseth, despiseth not man, but God, who hath also given unto us his holy Spirit.
9But as touching brotherly love ye need not that I write unto you: for ye yourselves are taught of God to love one another.
10And indeed ye do it toward all the brethren which are in all Macedonia: but we beseech you, brethren, that ye increase more and more;
11And that ye study to be quiet, and to do your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you;
12 That ye may walk honestly toward them that are without, and that ye may have lack of nothing.

Also:

Galatians 5:19-23 (KJV)

19Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
Beautiful verses.

It's a crying shame that some are laying all the responsibility on the woman.

If all the ministers at GC were walking around St. Louis no one would notice a thing. It would appear to be a real estate convention or insurance meeting.

It takes the women and their feathers and outlandish hairdos to know the Christians are in town.

I look the part, but I want my spirit to be the witness.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:29 AM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

I haven't looked at the list lately but when I did look I didn't see Bro. Torquemada on it.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:32 AM
the ultracon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sis Elaine View Post
Beautiful verses.

It's a crying shame that some are laying all the responsibility on the woman.

If all the ministers at GC were walking around St. Louis no one would notice a thing. It would appear to be a real estate convention or insurance meeting.

It takes the women and their feathers and outlandish hairdos to know the Christians are in town.

I look the part, but I want my spirit to be the witness.
This reminds me of my drives thru Amish country up in Wisconsin. When I see the Amish folks, I don't think to myself, there goes a real Christian.

Instead when I see that they try so hard to be separate and different, I think, there goes a person in great dilusion about the great God that I love
Old 09-29-2009, 09:36 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeatlast View Post
This reminds me of my drives thru Amish country up in Wisconsin. When I see the Amish folks, I don't think to myself, there goes a real Christian.

Instead when I see that they try so hard to be separate and different, I think, there goes a person in great dilusion about the great God that I love
My late husband preached "Smile, It Could Save a Soul"

He taught that our actions and spirits were crucial in being a holy Christian.