Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Foyer > The Information Station
Facebook

Notices

The Information Station A help forum with answers to frequently asked questions - includes our Forum Rules and updates or announcements from the Admin Team.


View Poll Results: Technology Poll: What do you have & use daily?
(Family) TV with cable 8 42.11%
(Family) Tv without cable 2 10.53%
(Family) TV with Roku 6 31.58%
(Family) Limited internet access 11 57.89%
Facebook / MySpace 8 42.11%
(14yr old & under Minor Children) have interent 6 31.58%
(14yr old & under Children) have smart phones 1 5.26%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 05-21-2013, 01:54 PM
MawMaw's Avatar
MawMaw MawMaw is offline
of 8!! :)


 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: South
Posts: 5,438
Re: Apostolic Technology POLL!

My and my husband's sources of technology are,

XM radio, regular cell phones with unlimited calling/texting,
and stinky dial up internet.

(we could get newspapers online, but, we still prefer
reading a good ol' paper newspaper)
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-21-2013, 02:22 PM
NewbieMisfits NewbieMisfits is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 236
Re: Apostolic Technology POLL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacey View Post
My and my husband's sources of technology are,

XM radio, regular cell phones with unlimited calling/texting,
and stinky dial up internet.

(we could get newspapers online, but, we still prefer
reading a good ol' paper newspaper)

I know a man who still has dial-up... I asked him why he doesn't upgrade & he says it is a sure-fire means to ensure he never gets hooked on it. I've thought about this often, but Roku wouldn't like it

We simply try to not watch the news, or read about it, for about 3years now... they rarely have anything real or positive & we get to hear the headlines everyday from granny regardless
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-21-2013, 03:32 PM
MawMaw's Avatar
MawMaw MawMaw is offline
of 8!! :)


 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: South
Posts: 5,438
Re: Apostolic Technology POLL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieMisfits View Post
I know a man who still has dial-up... I asked him why he doesn't upgrade & he says it is a sure-fire means to ensure he never gets hooked on it. I've thought about this often, but Roku wouldn't like it

We simply try to not watch the news, or read about it, for about 3years now... they rarely have anything real or positive & we get to hear the headlines everyday from granny regardless
LOL! We also get hot headlines from my POP(nlove),
every evening at the supper table!
He and another group of men meet at the barber
shop regularly to solve the problems of the town,
yay I say, the world!!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-22-2013, 09:13 AM
KWSS1976's Avatar
KWSS1976 KWSS1976 is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,982
Re: Apostolic Technology POLL!

If I will say anything, I think the Internet has hurt the Apostolic/UPC,there is so much info out there now that people question because it is being searched for on the Internet. Before the Internet no one could question anything in the ranks cause they had no idea and could not interpret scripture, now with the wealth of knowledge out there questions are being asked..
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-22-2013, 09:14 AM
navygoat1998's Avatar
navygoat1998 navygoat1998 is offline
Repent and believe the Gospel!


 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Jacksonville FL
Posts: 3,044
Re: Apostolic Technology POLL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWSS1976 View Post
If I will say anything, I think the Internet has hurt the Apostolic/UPC,there is so much info out there now that people question because it is being searched for on the Internet. Before the Internet no one could question anything in the ranks cause they had no idea and could not interpret scripture, now with the wealth of knowledge out there questions are being asked..
__________________
Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand. (Romans 14:4)

Scripture is its own interpreter. Nothing can cut a diamond but a diamond. Nothing can interpret Scripture but Scripture" Thomas Watson.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-22-2013, 09:27 AM
Jito463 Jito463 is offline
J.esus i.s t.he o.ne God (463)


 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2,089
Re: Apostolic Technology POLL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWSS1976 View Post
If I will say anything, I think the Internet has hurt the Apostolic/UPC,there is so much info out there now that people question because it is being searched for on the Internet. Before the Internet no one could question anything in the ranks cause they had no idea and could not interpret scripture, now with the wealth of knowledge out there questions are being asked..
I disagree. What makes you think that?
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-22-2013, 09:33 AM
navygoat1998's Avatar
navygoat1998 navygoat1998 is offline
Repent and believe the Gospel!


 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Jacksonville FL
Posts: 3,044
Re: Apostolic Technology POLL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jito463 View Post
I disagree. What makes you think that?
Things that once happened in the dark are now being brought to the light.

Spiritual abuse being one that has been brought to the light.
__________________
Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand. (Romans 14:4)

Scripture is its own interpreter. Nothing can cut a diamond but a diamond. Nothing can interpret Scripture but Scripture" Thomas Watson.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-22-2013, 09:44 AM
KWSS1976's Avatar
KWSS1976 KWSS1976 is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,982
Re: Apostolic Technology POLL!

Well we can start on the Whole Women not cutting hair issue.. before the internet if you questioned it, your Pastor would tell you go read 1Corthians 11:5 and 11:6 and thats it no more questions cause you thought those verses meant not to cut your hair by reading the "Shaving or Shorn" and not knowing what it means? With the internet you can Google this info and come up with the correct interpretation for this verse? Same thing with the women dress verses and what they are truly talking about. I would get on the verses for the Men in the Apostolic/UPC.,but I cannot seem to find them anywhere all the scriptures for the Apostolic/UPC identity all refer to the women.


http://www.spiritualabuse.org/issues/standards.html


Quote:
1 Corinthians 11
King James Version (KJV)

11 Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.

2 Now I praise you, brethren, that ye remember me in all things, and keep the ordinances, as I delivered them to you.

3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

4 Every man praying or prophesying, having his head covered, dishonoureth his head.

5 But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven.

6 For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered.

7 For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man.

8 For the man is not of the woman: but the woman of the man.

9 Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man.

10 For this cause ought the woman to have power on her head because of the angels.

11 Nevertheless neither is the man without the woman, neither the woman without the man, in the Lord.

12 For as the woman is of the man, even so is the man also by the woman; but all things of God.

13 Judge in yourselves: is it comely that a woman pray unto God uncovered?

14 Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?

15 But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering.

16 But if any man seem to be contentious, we have no such custom, neither the churches of God.

Last edited by KWSS1976; 05-22-2013 at 09:48 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-22-2013, 09:45 AM
navygoat1998's Avatar
navygoat1998 navygoat1998 is offline
Repent and believe the Gospel!


 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Jacksonville FL
Posts: 3,044
Re: Apostolic Technology POLL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWSS1976 View Post
Well we can start on the Whole Women not cutting hair issue.. before the internet if you questioned it, your Pastor would tell you go read 1Corthians 11:5 and 11:6 and thats it no more questions cause you thought those verses meant not to cut your hair by reading the "Shaving or Shorn" and not knowing what it means? With the internet you can Google this info and come up with the correct interpretation for this verse? Same thing with the women dress verses and what they are truly talking about. I would get on the verses for the Men in the Apostolic/UPC.,but I cannot seem to find them anywhere all the scriptures for the Apostolic/UPC identity all refer to the women.
__________________
Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand. (Romans 14:4)

Scripture is its own interpreter. Nothing can cut a diamond but a diamond. Nothing can interpret Scripture but Scripture" Thomas Watson.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-24-2013, 06:21 PM
Esaias's Avatar
Esaias Esaias is offline
Master ThreadKiller


 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Zion aka TEXAS
Posts: 20,377
Re: Apostolic Technology POLL!

Hmm... we have a tv but no cable, satellite, and do not watch broadcast tv, we stick to DVDs and YES we have a VeeAytchEss machine!!!

We have wireless internet access but it is limited to the older ones (15 and older) and it is supervised.

Oh, and we have running water, too!

__________________
Visit the Apostolic House Church YouTube Channel!

Instead of google, use www.yandex.com


Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - http://www.robertwr.com/

Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Technology in the church unitedpraise10 Fellowship Hall 2 05-09-2011 10:13 PM
Technology Gone Wild Falla39 Fellowship Hall 4 12-10-2010 07:38 AM
technology live4him The Information Station 3 01-01-2009 10:57 PM
Nano technology Grey Goo Fellowship Hall 23 09-13-2008 05:23 PM
Will we ever have to take a stand against technology? Kutless Fellowship Hall 17 10-11-2007 06:08 PM

 
User Infomation
Your Avatar

Latest Threads

Help Support AFF!

Advertisement




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.