Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 03-13-2013, 06:56 PM
Registered Member

Re: UPC Resolution to Remove TV from Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
The TV thing has always perplexed me. It seems to me the UC view simply breeds immature christians who cannot think for themselves and either blindly follow or eventually reject sound doctrine when they wake up and recognize some preachers conviction being preached as doctrine.

Niether of those is a good thing. It just leads to either lost or shallow folk.

Why not teach Christian maturity and desernment and prayer life, and following the leading of the spirit? you dont have to name anything. but if you have a church well taught in those things, they will be forced by their own walk with God and His leading, to turn off bad programing, or get rid of TV on their own.

but this idea of a ban on the thing, just teaches people nothing and when they run into something else (internet) they have no self control because they are immature.

This kind of silliness is the root problem in all of Oneness Pentecost and it causes vastly too many good people to abandon sound doctrine. AFF is full of good folk who walked away from sound doctrine over nonsensical personal convictions being tought as doctrine.
Mmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Kinda reminds me of the Apostolic/UPCI version of gun control.
Old 03-14-2013, 08:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
but this idea of a ban on the thing, just teaches people nothing and when they run into something else (internet) they have no self control because they are immature.
Hey, I came from a church like that. And I'm not immature. You're just a big fat doodie head.

(jk)

Last edited by Aquila; 03-14-2013 at 08:52 AM.
Old 03-14-2013, 11:33 AM
GET IT RIGHT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpenter View Post
Some of you may have failed to realize that the UPC has become dominated by the strong feminine influence...nothing can be more pagan than that.

With the exception of those receiving salary, tithes, and financial benefit, men are getting tired of it.
Same ole "blame the women" game. Some things NEVER change.

Why don't you talk about the wimpy males, in the UPC and out?
Old 03-14-2013, 11:41 AM
GET IT RIGHT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
The UPCI (or any other organization) isn't the Kingdom of God and should never be seen as anything more than a human organization designed to make money and control members.
Ignorant post of the day award!
Old 03-14-2013, 11:43 AM
Forever Loved Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyRev View Post

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 03-14-2013, 11:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
Ignorant post of the day award!
Is the UPCI the Kingdom of God? Nope.

Must it raise revenues to stay in business? Yep.

Does it control members? Yes.

Now... consider something. By "control" we don't have to assume it is negative. Members are controlled in that they must affirm what an organization assumes to be true doctrine and practice.

In fact... the subject of this thread is about an area of control that the UPCI is loosening.

Hope you get my meaning.
Old 03-14-2013, 11:48 AM
Registered Member

Quote:

I do agree that we need less of these:

And more of these.
Old 03-14-2013, 12:18 PM
Strange in a Strange Land...

I think we have all heard for years something like "Our ladies are the prettiest ladies anywhere." It's true in some cases. There are some ladies in the UPC or similar orgs that care about their apperance. They workout, they eat well, they bathe, they do other things. I am not suggesting that other don't bathe but perhaps they need an updated fragrance.

Skirts, long hair, etc. those things may never change because they "have bible for that," but tv they really don't. If the UPC evolves back to a fellowship where there are 1-steppers & 3-steppers alike then there will be room for those that believe skirts & hair are essential and those that don't merging together. Ya know what I would like to see? I'd love to see sermons at UPC events, conferences be nothing about "rallying the troops" and be all about helping people, practical/biblical living. There is a Fellowship & conference in the Southeastern US called IAF, International Apostolic Fellowship. They are a group of many from varying Apostolic backgrounds that come together and worship God, preach, sing and all that. Not much is preached about the core doctrine all the time aside from the Holy Ghost and baptism in Jesus name. I know for a fact there are 1-steppers there.

Show me a fellowship not a organizational structure.
Old 03-14-2013, 12:21 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Shephard View Post
I think we have all heard for years something like "Our ladies are the prettiest ladies anywhere." It's true in some cases. There are some ladies in the UPC or similar orgs that care about their apperance. They workout, they eat well, they bathe, they do other things. I am not suggesting that other don't bathe but perhaps they need an updated fragrance.
You may agree with this having lived here, but in my opinion the most beautiful women on average in any specific religion have to be the Mormons. We have so many Mormon families in our neighborhood with larger (4-6 kids) families and most of the wives look like they were never pregnant once in their lives.
Old 03-14-2013, 01:38 PM
On the road less traveled

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWayne View Post
You may agree with this having lived here, but in my opinion the most beautiful women on average in any specific religion have to be the Mormons. We have so many Mormon families in our neighborhood with larger (4-6 kids) families and most of the wives look like they were never pregnant once in their lives.
Interesting. Any guesses as to why this might be? I've noticed the same thing.