Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 04-04-2009, 10:00 PM
Sister Alvear

Ever Notice

Ever Notice

Those that tell you how to have the perfect kids have no kids?

I have watched and lived long enough to see some that had so many ideas how to make children behave when theirs came along were little “demons”
We have a brother in our church that when he was single he was always correcting the kids, bringing them to their parents, twisting their ears or whatever….
Today I tease him because his two girls are terrible…lol…strange he changed keys…

The other day I saw a preacher that has no kids make a face at something a kid did and pointed to his belt…I just thought…. brother, your day is coming….

I remember when mine were little I was so naive to think they would all grow up to be perfect after all I was raising them! Oh! Lord how foolish I was…I have had my share of joys but I know what it is to grieve over wayward actions of my children…wrong decisions….

My motto in latter life is …never criticize until you have walked in someone’s shoes….
I guess when we are young and have no experience it is so easy to say what we are going to do…but life has a way of bringing us down to earth….

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear
Old 04-04-2009, 11:14 PM
Love God, Love Your Neighbor

Re: Ever Notice

Yes, I've eaten so many words!
Old 04-05-2009, 12:03 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Alvear View Post
Ever Notice

I have watched and lived long enough to see some that had so many ideas how to make children behave when theirs came along were little “demons”
We have a brother in our church that when he was single he was always correcting the kids, bringing them to their parents, twisting their ears or whatever….
Today I tease him because his two girls are terrible…lol…strange he changed keys…

The other day I saw a preacher that has no kids make a face at something a kid did and pointed to his belt…I just thought…. brother, your day is coming….

I remember when mine were little I was so naive to think they would all grow up to be perfect after all I was raising them! Oh! Lord how foolish I was…I have had my share of joys but I know what it is to grieve over wayward actions of my children…wrong decisions….

My motto in latter life is …never criticize until you have walked in someone’s shoes….
I guess when we are young and have no experience it is so easy to say what we are going to do…but life has a way of bringing us down to earth….
This is so true!
Old 04-05-2009, 02:37 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Alvear View Post
Ever Notice

Six kids later, so true!
Old 04-05-2009, 05:04 AM
Sister Alvear

yep...so true here with me too...lol...

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear
Old 04-05-2009, 06:42 PM
Registered Member

When we adopted our boys, I thought I would be the perfect mama. After all I had done daycare for all those years before we started our own family. I knew that I knew all the answers.

But somebody forgot to tell me that those cute little toddlers who say all the adorable things and make you laugh all day - they grow up into TEENAGERS!! Nobody can make you know more surely that you know absolutely nothing than a teenager. One day I'll be smart again.

In Justin's eyes, it's beginning to happen already. He told me that last time he was home. He said, "Mom, you've sure gotten alot smarter since I left. Of course, you have a long ways to go to be as smart as me. But you're getting there." (LOL)

But Keith............ well, let's just say that it's amazing how I can be even dumber than the kid who had bottom of the barrel grades last quarter. LOL

The one thing I have learned tho is that a sense of humor is VITAL. Without a sense of humor I'd have to ...................... I don't know what I'd do! eliminate them? leave home myself? scream? sometimes all of those options sound good.
Old 04-05-2009, 11:02 PM
Registered Member

How true. In fact those with the most advice for others seem to have to the "sweetest" of the little terrors.

Ain't justice grand?

Common sense is genius dressed in working clothes.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Common sense and a sense of humor are the same thing, moving at different speeds. A sense of humor is just common sense, dancing.
William James