Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 07-25-2018, 08:28 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Re: Are mega-churches the ecit door from organized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
Most of the Millennials I talk to equate "Christianity" with the "Republican Party" or the political "Right Wing Conservative" movement. They don't even really see it as a "religion" or acknowledge that it has a "spirituality" beyond gun toting, Bible thumping, flag waving, queer bashing, conservatism (false stereo type or not). As mentioned previously, they are typically left of center in their politics. Their equating Christianity with the Republican Party causes an instant disconnect. Those Millennials that I know that happen to be spiritual seem to be drawn to Buddhism or some sect of Hinduism (a good friend of mine is into Shivaism). Neither of these faiths have a right wing baggage associated with Christianity in the United States.

I think it would serve the church well to divorce itself from being aligned with any earthly political party or movement. We should focus on the Gospel, charity, relieving the poor and oppressed, and be a voice for positive change in society. Instead of marching under the banner of a given party, we should be serving the whole of society.

Divorcing ourselves from right wing radicalism, focusing on the spiritual aspects of Christianity, and the demonstration of spiritual gifts and power, will do more to attract Millennials than our unwritten "Republicans Only" standard.
Most of the people you talk to are left wing communists anyway.

So called "millennials" aren't interested in "going to church" but they are deeply interested in spirituality. And many of them are more right wing than even YOUR worst republican nightmare. You ought to hear the jokes they make about lampshades.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 07-25-2018, 08:35 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Besides which, Millennials aren't getting married. No marriage = no future, plain and simple. And those who are getting married? A constantly growing number of them and of GenZ are "traditionalists", meaning they INTENTIONALLY embrace traditionalism, patriarchy, and values that were considered outdated by the late 19th century.

Sorry, Aqualung, the future isn't yours. Not by a long shot.

http://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2014/...entually-marry

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ashleys.../#3c8027e77878

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Last edited by Esaias; 07-25-2018 at 08:39 AM.
Old 07-25-2018, 08:46 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Furthermore, the entire left-right, liberal vs conservative fake paradigm is dying. Millions have already woken up to the fact that liberals aren't liberal and conservatives aren't conservative. They are convinced BOTH parties are a full-on scam for the donor class of wealthy elites. So, politically, the future of America is grim for the current crop of liberal progressives.

It is the liberal progressives who bleat endlessly about how we should basically allow Islam to run rampant in our western societies. Well, guess what? Muslims eat liberals for lunch. All the gay pride parades, tranny operations, and feminism, women's rights, etc all come to a screeching halt as soon as you clowns have imported enough Muslims from around the world. See Europe for an on going live case study in real time. Oh, and the young folks over there? They're either demanding the right to be raped and assaulted by foreign Muslim immigrant "refugees", or they are marching by the thousands in torch-light carrying parades dressed in black and waving flags with old Gothic runes emblazoned on them. See Poland, for a prime example.

Liberals - gotta be the dumbest box of rocks money can buy.

Old 07-25-2018, 08:49 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Furthermore, the entire left-right, liberal vs conservative fake paradigm is dying. Millions have already woken up to the fact that liberals aren't liberal and conservatives aren't conservative. They are convinced BOTH parties are a full-on scam for the donor class of wealthy elites. So, politically, the future of America is grim for the current crop of liberal progressives.

It is the liberal progressives who bleat endlessly about how we should basically allow Islam to run rampant in our western societies. Well, guess what? Muslims eat liberals for lunch. All the gay pride parades, tranny operations, and feminism, women's rights, etc all come to a screeching halt as soon as you clowns have imported enough Muslims from around the world. See Europe for an on going live case study in real time. Oh, and the young folks over there? They're either demanding the right to be raped and assaulted by foreign Muslim immigrant "refugees", or they are marching by the thousands in torch-light carrying parades dressed in black and waving flags with old Gothic runes emblazoned on them. See Poland, for a prime example.

Liberals - gotta be the dumbest box of rocks money can buy.
Old 07-25-2018, 08:54 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Old 07-25-2018, 09:47 AM
Banned

I rest my case.

Last edited by Aquila; 07-25-2018 at 10:24 AM.
Old 07-25-2018, 10:33 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
I rest my case.
Quite normally you and I agree more than disagree. However, in this bit between you an Esias, I fail to see on what you rest your case?

By that I mean:
Antifa, and the progressive left seem quite eager to set up the state as Jehovah-Jirrah , the ultimate provider. Where as I look to God only for that as he gives me strength and wisdom to do this for myself with the blessings of assistance opening doors that he expects me to walk through. The sense of entitlement, and in proportion relience on gooberment, as a vehicle not only to level the playing feild, but also the outcomes is inherently dis-religous to whatever the paradigm was in place before the progressive arrived at his/her new deal ideal.
They do not care if immigration brings with it a new religious overlord, as they think that if it slays the one in place, they can slay the next one with their "superior" philosophy, and failing that another wave of a different sort of people.

It seems not to be a philosophy of building up, but only of tearing apart that which was, as progress is only measured on how little of what wast remains.

The present "feed me" seakers that I suppose populate the mega-church (Olstean as an example, or hillsong)....want religion with less demanding and more allowing, asking no real commitment.

This will seem odd I am sure from me....as I am equally certain folks like chosen have labeled me a liberal.

If I have found anything in politics to be true it is that the left /right illusion is, as Esias pointed out, a false narrative of division. My proof is that as a libertarian, no matter which side is in power- they would label me the other. That can only be true if both are actually lying.

Can people that actually joke about magic invisible man in the sky, be reached...1. At all. 2. By the message we have always used.

These same people I beleive feel empowered by the left to make that joke. The right counts on us to vote for the staus quo, so the maintain their Monsanto like hold on the market. Both are insufferable.

Last edited by Wilsonwas; 07-25-2018 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Readability
Old 07-25-2018, 10:33 AM
Registered Member

Please forgive if I mispell you screenname
Old 07-25-2018, 10:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilsonwas View Post
Quite normally you and I agree more than disagree. However, in this bit between you an Esias, I fail to see on what you rest your case?
My point was:

Quote:
Divorcing ourselves from right wing radicalism, focusing on the spiritual aspects of Christianity, and the demonstration of spiritual gifts and power, will do more to attract Millennials than our unwritten "Republicans Only" standard.
And Esaias' responses were riddled with right wing gobbly-gook and a meme designed to insult Millennials based on their politics.

Now, imagine that you're one of those Bernie Sanders supporting, left of center, Millennials.

Do you think you'd feel welcome, at home, or even comfortable in a church culture that carries the vibe that essentially bashes you over your politics and sees converting you politically to get you to vote for who they want you to vote for as a necessity? Clearly the Millennials see right through to the truth...the church, by and large, is nothing but a right wing political action committee with religious window dressing.

Frankly, Esaias made my case for me. I'm relatively certain that any Millennial reading his posts would just roll their eyes... and swipe left.

If I were a Millennial, I really wouldn't care a bit for anything he had to say. This has become a very real barrier to preaching the Gospel in our society. The church only wants members who are willing to convert to Republicanism. All others are subject to condemn nation and ridicule.

Last edited by Aquila; 07-25-2018 at 11:08 AM.
Old 07-25-2018, 11:13 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
My point was:

And Esaias' responses were riddled with right wing gobbly-gook and a meme designed to insult Millennials based on their politics.

Now, imagine that you're one of those Bernie Sanders supporting, left of center, Millennials.

Do you think you'd feel welcome, at home, or even comfortable in a church culture that carries the vibe that essentially bashes you over your politics and sees converting you politically to get you to vote for who they want you to vote for as a necessity? Clearly the Millennials see right through to the truth...the church, by and large, is nothing but a right wing political action committee with religious window dressing.

Frankly, Esaias made my case for me. I'm relatively certain that any Millennial reading his posts would just roll their eyes... and swipe left.
Oddly, I found his comments to be rather in line with libertarian thought. Perhaps libertarian is actually right of center.

In which case I freely admit I do not understand how the left justifies itself.

I do allow there is a Republican bias to some Apastolics- my Fb feed shows me many that unconditionally love one sinner named Donald. Howver in my church said bias is not noticible, at least to me. Except for gay rights, which my pastor dis-endorces in his preaching, little of any of this bias would show.

The meme I hope would be deemed accurate by a larger percentage of actual millenials then you suggest. Else our job is much harder because even Jesus recognized that outcomes are not naturally even. "The poor are with you always".