Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Library > Café Blog-a-bit
Facebook

Notices

Café Blog-a-bit Our own cozy coffeehouse to congregate and share.

View Poll Results: Truthfully...
I have been mad at God in the past. 22 75.86%
I have never been mad at God. 3 10.34%
I am currently mad at God. 3 10.34%
I live in a state of denial. 1 3.45%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-09-2008, 04:33 AM
delete account

Cool Re: Have you ever been mad at God?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jezebelslayer View Post
Rhoni... I am so sorry for how you are feeling. I will be praying for you. Keep me posted on how you are doing. You can always pm me if you want. I'm a good listener. Praying peace to fall on you so you can have sweet sleep tonight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddMann24 View Post
rhoni, I will be praying ....everyones situation is different so i wont say i know how you feel but i do want to tell you about a message that helped me "revelation in your situation" you can hear it at timdmiller.com if it dosent come up let me know and i can send it to you ...GOD bless.
Thanks so much. It really isn't about 'feelings' so much, but it is about unrelenting situations. I'll try to access the message from work. I slept fine. I've been sleeping fine. I am functioning and even love God with all my heart...just angry right now. I am sure I'll be embarassed when I see what God does in the future, but my now is pretty hard to take.

Blessings, Rhoni
Old 09-09-2008, 04:52 AM
delete account

Re: Have you ever been mad at God?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhoni View Post
Mercy,

God is a BIG God with BROAD shoulders. He has an answer for you...but you have to be ready to heal. Many times we hold on to our pain because we enjoy it. We use it as an excuse to stay where we are when God has so much more to give us and to show us. Tell him how you 'FEEL'. Tell him why you are angry. Don't hedge or come up with nice words so that he won't get angry with you. He knows what you are saying in your heart and mind. As all the venom spews out...He will cover it with His blood and fill the empty place in your heart with so much love that it will amaze you.

This is what he used to help me, and my situation is different from yours but the feelings probably the same:
God used this opportunity to show me a bit of his sovereign nature.
He showed me where my will and another's will were at odds.
God, in his sovereignity loves his sons and daughters equally.
He will not let my will be done to the overriding of another person's will.
What he did show me is who I am and what I mean to him.

He promised to never leave me nor forsake me. This has covered my abandonment and rejection issues.
Romans 8:28 promises me that he is working all things [those both good and bad] for my good.
He called me according to his purpose:
He foreknew decisions I would make and that others would make.
He pre-destined me to be conformed to the image of Jesus Christ.
Hejustifies those he calls and glorifies them.

God didn't spare his son Jesus from the sufferring that His will could be accomplished in us so...
Why would God take away our sufferring to conform us to his will?

I ask you...Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or nakedness, or sword?
Quote:
Thanks so much. It really isn't about 'feelings' so much, but it is about unrelenting situations. I'll try to access the message from work. I slept fine. I've been sleeping fine. I am functioning and even love God with all my heart...just angry right now. I am sure I'll be embarassed when I see what God does in the future, but my now is pretty hard to take.

Blessings, Rhoni
Just preaching to myself.
Old 09-09-2008, 05:52 AM
Registered Member

Yes, Rhoni, I've been 'mad' at God, and even rather foolishly lashed out at Him once or twice in prayer for a minute or two. I did this, knowing all the time that he sees the big picture, and knows what's best for me and those I love.

My anger didn't last long. Neither will yours, because after all is said and done, if you trust God, you just can't stay mad at the maker of the universe!
Old 09-09-2008, 10:30 AM
delete account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
Yes, Rhoni, I've been 'mad' at God, and even rather foolishly lashed out at Him once or twice in prayer for a minute or two. I did this, knowing all the time that he sees the big picture, and knows what's best for me and those I love.

My anger didn't last long. Neither will yours, because after all is said and done, if you trust God, you just can't stay mad at the maker of the universe!
I guess you are right about that!
Old 09-09-2008, 12:49 PM
delete account

O.K. A good friend gave me some inside information..I am MAD, at myself, my circumstances, and a few other people, but I am NOT mad at God. It isn't His fault!

Blessings, Rhoni
Old 09-09-2008, 12:53 PM
Mama to four little angels.

Quote:
O.K. A good friend gave me some inside information..I am MAD, at myself, my circumstances, and a few other people, but I am NOT mad at God. It isn't His fault!

Blessings, Rhoni
I'm sorry. I hope this resolves quickly and easily, and favorably.

(and, it isn't His fault, you're right)

God did it for us. Out of sheer generosity he put us in right standing with himself. A pure gift. He got us out of the mess we're in and restored us to where he always wanted us to be. And he did it by means of Jesus Christ. ~Romans 3:24 from The Message
Old 09-09-2008, 01:00 PM
delete account

Quote:
Originally Posted by nahkoe View Post
I'm sorry. I hope this resolves quickly and easily, and favorably.

(and, it isn't His fault, you're right)
Thank you...I am changing what I can change, accepting the things I cannot change, and hopefully I have the wisdom to know the difference. Left over from my Allanon group.
Old 09-09-2008, 01:06 PM
Mama to four little angels.

Quote:
Thank you...I am changing what I can change, accepting the things I cannot change, and hopefully I have the wisdom to know the difference. Left over from my Allanon group.
You just made me laugh out loud. I totally recognized that, from Allanon. lol

I didn't think of that one time during this ordeal, I think it would have frustrated me very much. But sitting where I am now, it made me laugh. Especially since I did some things, or some things happened, I'm still not sure which it really was, that were truly impossible....they were beyond the "change the things I can change" in this little prayer.

I pray for you, my friend, the wisdom to know the things you can change, the wisdom to know the steps to take to change them, the wisdom to know which things only God can change, and the wisdom to patiently wait while He does that.

God did it for us. Out of sheer generosity he put us in right standing with himself. A pure gift. He got us out of the mess we're in and restored us to where he always wanted us to be. And he did it by means of Jesus Christ. ~Romans 3:24 from The Message
Old 09-09-2008, 01:07 PM
Rebel with a cause.

Quote:
Reminds me of a situation with my son last year. When my boys were little, I tried to get them into golf. I took them to the range, the course, sent them to golf clinics, etc. and just NO interest.

So, finally I gave up.

Well, last year, my oldest son decided he wanted to golf, so he started going with his buddy. Well, his buddy had been playing for much longer, and thoroughly whipped him every time.

So, he calls me and says a little testily, "I wish you would have gotten us into golf when I was little!"

I said, "I TRIED TO! YOU GUYS WEREN'T INTERESTED!"

He replied, "Well, I wish you would have tried harder!"

I think that's how God may feel sometimes. He tries to guide us, we ignore it, and then when things don't work out, we get mad at Him!

Not saying that's what has happened with you, Rhoni, but I know it sure has happened with me several times!

The good news is that my son now plays golf, got some lessons, and is doing just fine. And, so it is with us - it's never too late to be what we were destined to be, even though we may think we've wasted time!
"Many people view their relationship with God like a "color by number" picture. It's easier to let someone else define the boundaries, tell them which blanks to fill in, and what color to use than it is for them to take a blank canvas and seek inspiration from the Source in order to paint their own masterpiece"
Old 09-09-2008, 02:18 PM
delete account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Phelps View Post
Reminds me of a situation with my son last year. When my boys were little, I tried to get them into golf. I took them to the range, the course, sent them to golf clinics, etc. and just NO interest.

So, finally I gave up.

Well, last year, my oldest son decided he wanted to golf, so he started going with his buddy. Well, his buddy had been playing for much longer, and thoroughly whipped him every time.

So, he calls me and says a little testily, "I wish you would have gotten us into golf when I was little!"

I said, "I TRIED TO! YOU GUYS WEREN'T INTERESTED!"

He replied, "Well, I wish you would have tried harder!"

I think that's how God may feel sometimes. He tries to guide us, we ignore it, and then when things don't work out, we get mad at Him!

Not saying that's what has happened with you, Rhoni, but I know it sure has happened with me several times!

The good news is that my son now plays golf, got some lessons, and is doing just fine. And, so it is with us - it's never too late to be what we were destined to be, even though we may think we've wasted time!
Thank you MP...words of wisdom I needed to hear. I know what to tell others but I need someone to tell me every now and then