Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > The Tab
Facebook

Notices

The Tab Cutting edge news of what is happening in Apostolic Oneness Pentecost today!

Old 05-15-2015, 12:36 PM
Registered Member

Re: McMinnville pastor accused in suit of Defamati

Below is a quote from the comments section of the paper that reported this. Sheds some light on the pay issue. Looks like they were trying to be helpful to the families involved by making a way for them to attend school.

http://newsregister.com/article?arti...90887--17779--

"orange98
Yourright: I really hate internet arguments that resort to name-calling and insults. Lets please keep this civil.

I don't know everything, just what I've heard from the people involved. I don't need to testify in court, the court has already decided on the case and that person is apparently being dealt with. That young person was not allowed to go to school with anybody he hurt & was expelled for his actions.

As for the pastors, nobody is perfect and everybody makes mistakes. From what I understand, Matthew Davies was paying for most of those young men to go to school. Thus, during the summer months and on evenings after school thy worked with him. According to law, they should've been paid and that has been settled. One thing should be noted: every one of those workers had parents who wanted their children to be doing that and knew they weren't going to be paid.

Maybe we can all pray Gods will be done instead of shooting from the hip and getting all bent up about it? After all, God said that Vengeance is mine. God will take care of those who wrongs anybody, so if indeed the pastors deserve punishment, they will get it.
06:29 pm - Tue, May 5 2015"

Most of the comments are the typical rush to judgement types. The last comment is balanced and by someone who should know.
Old 05-15-2015, 01:00 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
In truth I have never heard of folks charging to do work around the church?
Bro Epley, growing up in the church my father pastored, people volunteered to work around the church. They considered it an honor to do so. These days, everyone demands some kind of payment to do any kind of work in the church.
Old 05-15-2015, 01:37 PM
Registered Member

I would never want to ask someone to do something at the church without a willingness to pay them although most don't ever want to receive anything. Depends on the circumstances with these young people, but there is probably a lot more to the story.
Old 05-15-2015, 03:49 PM
Sister Alvear

Everybody helps out around the church...I would say this guy has something against the pastor...

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear
Old 05-15-2015, 07:04 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
In truth I have never heard of folks charging to do work around the church?
If you read article it was for his business. Not the church. As far as work around the church is concerned that should be part of your offering toward the Lord in the Lords work. That's why it was a violation. Seems to me people think it is ok to tell personal info and retaliat as long as it's the man of God. So you should not take a brother to law? That is what the word says. So there's no reason ever to inform lawn enforcement of a crime that was committed as long as it's committed by a Christian in the church?
Old 05-15-2015, 07:31 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Servant's <3 View Post

Thirdly, the man should not have sued the pastor. I am not saying the pastor did correctly. I am saying inside the faith a man should not go about suing another man inside the same faith especially.... .
Same faith? He was excommunicated and then slandered. You know how that stuff works? Pastor and saints tell their friends and so on and so on so that he can never attend another Oneness church because of the lies told...I say sue the man, because surely he is either not praying or not listening to God.

Who knows...maybe this is how God chose to deal with him

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 05-15-2015, 07:32 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
From what I read in the comments, the pay issue and the defamation suit are about two different things.
Right...AFTER he reported the Pastor....the pastor slandered him from the pulpit...is the accusation

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
Old 05-15-2015, 07:35 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbonzo View Post
Below is a quote from the comments section of the paper that reported this. Sheds some light on the pay issue. Looks like they were trying to be helpful to the families involved by making a way for them to attend school.

http://newsregister.com/article?arti...90887--17779--
What do comments know? If that were true he would not have to compensate them...just like most churches do when they have kids do fundraising for camp...their payment for camp IS their compensation

Old 05-15-2015, 07:42 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
Bro Epley, growing up in the church my father pastored, people volunteered to work around the church. They considered it an honor to do so. These days, everyone demands some kind of payment to do any kind of work in the church.
As per the article....they were not merely working around the church. They were doing work FOR "The church landscaping business"

Old 05-15-2015, 09:28 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
As per the article....they were not merely working around the church. They were doing work FOR "The church landscaping business"
Let's get facts right. It was the "pastor and son's" personal, for profit business. They used the children of non attending parents(mostly) as laborors to profit a "private" business. So pastor and son are unethical and use the "teach work ethic" excuse to profit. The best work ethic I get is every 2 weeks, my paycheck comes and if I mess up it stops. That's teaching work ethic. How funny the "pastor" can preach but doesn't practice. Pay a man worthy of his hire. That is scripture. So is it ok for a "pastor" to take advantage of their possition of influence to make a profit? This man has suffered a lot because of the pulpit pounding he got. Friends are now shunners, fellowship now gone. Where is the love of Christ in that? Can a man never be reinstated to the fellowship of God? Where in the Word does it say cast out and make no room for reconciliation? Even the man that was immoral in Cor. was able to come back. Not this brother tho. And for all of you wondering; I was there and I Got the B.O.L.I. Investigation and findings. Let's just say the "pastors" were a little forgetful on how much the kids worked. In my opinion they bold face lied on an investigation. I got proof and if anyone wants it just ask I am not ashamed of truth. I know these "pastors" are well known but that does not make exposing personal info right. I was there. So until they admit to BOLI the true hours those children worked how can they be saved? What a shame all of this is. To bad Christ has to endure all of this. I know preachers like to use backsliders and disfellowship meetings to set examples but to use a person by name and tell all his and her counseling session info is unethical and Christ will not deal kindly.
In the love of Jesus Christ and his absolute truth I pray for all. Maybe God uses this time to teach instead of judge. Remember, a man that restores a brother covers a multitude of sin.