Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 05-13-2010, 08:04 AM
Accepts all friends requests

Re: United Pentecostal or Divided Pentecostal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Then why do it? Non-Heaven and Hell issues (the whole "is it heaven or hell" is an invention of Pentecost) are in reality are items that are not needed.
Would you send me your coat and watch if I PM'd my mailing address to you? Would you send me a month's worth of pay from your entire household if I asked?

If not, are you going to hell? Matthew 5:42.

What about, Hebrews 9:28? Many people are still "looking for Him" to come the second time. Others feel that He has already come. Whichever side is wrong, are they going to hell, because He will "appear" only to those who look (or looked) for His coming?

The rest continues to get us off topic... but it does illustrate just how divide we are. What strikes me is that most of the causes for these divisions are less than 100 years old. Such passion over novelties makes the historian in me shake his head.

Last edited by pelathais; 05-13-2010 at 08:26 AM.
Old 05-13-2010, 08:09 AM
"One Mind...OneAccord"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Steinway View Post
There is no doubt that the Oneness Apostolic church is divided!

The United Pentecostal Church is united, only because they shoot dissenters. The word "united" assumes bridge building, but all I see is wall building.
Exactly, and this can be true for all denominations. And theres nothing wrong with walls, as long as we undertand the real purpose of the wall. Take Nehemiahs Wall for example. What was its true purpose? To keep invaders out? To protect the city? Yes and yes, but thats not all. The real purpose of the wall was to keep the people together... to unite the city. And the UPC did just that when they erected the wall in 1945, In spite of a glaring doctrinal difference, the united to build a wall of fellowship and harmony. But, something ghappened along the way. That wall became a dividing line over doctrinal differences which included much more than just 1step/3step or water baptism. Oneness Pentecostals divide over EVERYTHING. Their walls keep out invaders which leaves no one to fight but each other. Our diffenences take precedence over our similiarities. If I were to list 10 "standard" doctrines of OPs, someone would take issue with a least one of them. That doctrinal divide cancels all the others we agree on. Our common ground become quicksand over 1 issue. We become like Paul and Barnabbas. A tiny disagreement brings our fellowship down around us like a house of cards.

I believe in baptism in Jesus Name. Would never consider being baptized in another name or in titles. I don't even go along with being baptized in the name of the F, S, and HG, in the Name of Jesus. To me this is a kin to "pitching my tent toward Sodom". But am I goin to break fellowsship witha brother because he baptizes in the singular Name of Jesus as opposed to the exact words that Peter used in Acts 2:38? Of course not. Nor will I reject a brother because he is ALJC rather than UPC. We're not talking here about fellowshipping trinitarians (which, BTW, I have no problem with) but, rather the incessant infighting among OPs. You don't believe in having a TV in your home? Then don't, but don't reject a brother or sister because they do. To me, that shows a far uglier spirit than that one eyed devil in the corner of the living room.

Well, I guess I've meddled enopugh.

Waiting for the Lord is easy... Waiting patiently? Not so much.
Old 05-13-2010, 08:10 AM
Registered Member

Did anyone say that baptism was not important? Just curious. I thought we were talking
about how we were baptized.

Lot of mis-read mind reading going on.Lol...........
Old 05-13-2010, 08:15 AM
Banned

I get so tired of the scripture that says, straight is the way narrow is the gate and FEW will enter in, used to defend such arguements that some have that the 3 step formula is the ONLY way!!!! In the past 2000 years what percentage of the population was Christian?? Much less Oneness Pentecostal!!!! We argue over hair length, skirt length, proper worship and hundreds of other issues while just down the street from my office in this small southern town cats are being sacrificed to satan!!! I think we are way out of focus!!!!
Old 05-13-2010, 08:18 AM
Accepts all friends requests

Quote:
Originally Posted by POWERUP View Post
Did anyone say that baptism was not important? Just curious. I thought we were talking
about how we were baptized.

Lot of mis-read mind reading going on.Lol...........
That's typical of those who don't have much of an argument left. They have to resort to mischaracterizations and distortion.
Old 05-13-2010, 08:21 AM
Registered Member

I believe we have definitely majored on the minors way to long.............way to long.
Old 05-13-2010, 08:23 AM
"One Mind...OneAccord"

OPs can be personfied in a preacher I use to know who has gone on to his reward. He'd walk into a church and make a mental note of a woman whose hair was a liitle shorter than he thought it should be. That would be in his message. A teenaged boy with hair touching his ears? That, too would be included. A dress too short? A necklace? The sell of cigarette smoke on a person? He would hit all that and more in his message. He didn't feel like he was preaching the truth unless he found something to stand against. OPs don't feel that are standing for truth unless they are standing against something. Well, as I have grown older and a wee bit wiser (I hope), I find standing for truth is not just about standing against something. Its standing FOR something. And, I guess I'm finding the need to stand FOR unity rather than do all in my power to fight against it.

Waiting for the Lord is easy... Waiting patiently? Not so much.
Old 05-13-2010, 08:31 AM
Registered Member

Wink Re: United Pentecostal or Divided Pentecostal

Oneaccord.................you hit the nail on the head!!!! When will people realize that Jesus
is the truth!!
Old 05-13-2010, 08:40 AM
Banned

As a child my neighbors, whom I became very good friends, with were and still are Southern Baptist! I never heard them disagree with anything they heard in that little country church!! They attended every service, paid tithes as soon as they went to work at the Piggly Wiggly , didnt smoke, drink nor do I recall even a curse word!! And guess what they were not allowed to hang out with the Pentecostal kids!!! I asked them just a short time ago, as we are nearing 40, why they were not allowed to hang out with the Pentecostals. The answer was, Because those kids were always talking down about their own Pastor and Church and doing all the things that Baptist were taught was a sin, while wearing floor length skirts and hair, long sleeves in the summer and looking down their noses at evreyone else!!

Last edited by allstate1; 05-13-2010 at 08:47 AM.
Old 05-13-2010, 09:04 AM
Registered Member

Kinda like something dad was telling me about one time. He said they went to a very
conserative church on the Coast while they were in High School.

He said the girls would leave the house with the long skirts, and when they got out
they would be mini-skirts!!!!!!!!!!!

Now thats a trip!!