Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 10:18 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leaf View Post
Excellent comments Pastor Epley. (Again, I would have to add some qualifiers for complete agreement.)

My hope is that every preacher would join you in making the Cross a focus of their preaching.

My concern is that the rank and file are joining with Sis. Rhoni in the confession that their salvation is based on my . . . . Faith that looks to the altar and the water is misplaced, in my opinion.

I am afraid that many Oneness Pentecostals would answer the proverbial question, "Why would God allow you into Heaven?" much different than the Apostle Paul.

Our faith must be based on His work, not our own.
I would have no argument that if a clear picture is not painted about the THE why then the preaching is very lacking. But my experience has been filled with preaching of the WHY or really the WHO. Redemption is the crux of the salvation story that is why the Tabernacle Plan is so beautiful. Over 700 references in the Bible about the Blood must shout the Blood is the text and theme of redemption's story. When I read the old writings of Oneness pioneers and listen to their songs they penned the BLOOD and REDEMPTION is certainly NOT lacking but exalted. Faith in us will not save but is faith in what His blood provided a bad thing? He purchased it-gave it-commanded it then if a saint rejoices in it then why is it bad. When you praise the gift you are really praising the intelligence and graciousness of the GIVER.
Old 05-22-2007, 10:19 AM
"It's Never Too Late"

Quote:
Brother Neckstadt

I apologize for not being able to give an answer to your post.

I've no idea at all what you're trying to say.

You spoke salvation is tied to his works. The premise of Long hair as a mandate is tied to the works of a woman.

Thus salvation would be tied to her works and not Gods working...
Old 05-22-2007, 10:22 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neckstadt View Post
Is it not her Glory? Why is it God's Glory? How does man achieve this Glory? If this Glory is to be tied to salvation?

Her Glory in a literal sense is her hair. Not God's Glory?
It is a GOD GIVEN glory!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! God saud it through Paul your fuss is not with me but God! Go ahead and fuss but you ain't gonna win. Reminds me of Paul writing about the clay replying to the Potter why thus and thus. BECAUSE He is the Potter and the Author. Not I.
"If a woman have long hair it is a glory to her, for her hair is GIVEN her for a covering."
God said that settles it whether I believe it or not. It is not up for vote.
Old 05-22-2007, 10:26 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Is it not her Glory? Why is it God's Glory? How does man achieve this Glory? If this Glory is to be tied to salvation?

Her Glory in a literal sense is her hair. Not God's Glory?
How does man achieve this glory? "the woman is the glory of the man" v. 7

No one said it was God's glory but rather a God given glory!

Read the chapter and weep.

Who said it was tied to her salvation???? Long hair cannot save that is absurd. However disobeying and rejecting what God says will cause someone to be lost. Only the blood saves. But disobedience damns.
Old 05-22-2007, 10:35 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
You spoke salvation is tied to his works. The premise of Long hair as a mandate is tied to the works of a woman.

Thus salvation would be tied to her works and not Gods working...
His work is the basis of our salvation.

Salvation is the basis of our good works.

All of God's people should be zealous of good works.

If the Scriptures require a woman to keep her hair uncut, then, every saved woman should have uncut hair.

If the Scriptures do not require a woman to keep her hair uncut, then, it is of no consequence before God, except as a condition of membership in a religious community.

You'll have to decide for yourself whether or not your Bible or your faith community requires uncut hair.
Old 05-22-2007, 10:57 AM
"It's Never Too Late"

Quote:

If the Scriptures require a woman to keep her hair uncut, then, every saved woman should have uncut hair.

If the Scriptures do not require a woman to keep her hair uncut, then, it is of no consequence before God, except as a condition of membership in a religious community.

You'll have to decide for yourself whether or not your Bible or your faith community requires uncut hair.
I walk in the community of both cut and uncut hair.

It has nothing to do with salvation.
Old 05-22-2007, 10:57 AM
"It's Never Too Late"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
How does man achieve this glory? "the woman is the glory of the man" v. 7

No one said it was God's glory but rather a God given glory!

Read the chapter and weep.

Who said it was tied to her salvation???? Long hair cannot save that is absurd. However disobeying and rejecting what God says will cause someone to be lost. Only the blood saves. But disobedience damns.
So I guess if my wife cuts her hair my Glory is tainted!

I just do not see it this way....
Old 05-22-2007, 11:03 AM
Registered Member

Quote:

Sorry the community did NOT inspire Paul to write 1Cor. 11 God did and it is not up for vote. But I am of the community that believes the Bible should be our guide and not culture or popular opinion.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:10 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
Sorry the community did NOT inspire Paul to write 1Cor. 11 God did and it is not up for vote. But I am of the community that believes the Bible should be our guide and not culture or popular opinion.
Pastor Epley

I did not suggest that 1 Corinthians 11 was anything less than the Word of God.

I was making two assertions:

If your understanding of 1 Corinthians 11 requires uncut hair, don't cut it.

If membership in your faith community requires uncut hair, and you wish to be a member, don't cut it.

Neither my understanding of 1 Corinthians 11 nor my faith community require uncut hair; we practice liberty in this matter.

I too "am of the community that believes the Bible should be our guide and not culture or popular opinion."
Old 05-22-2007, 11:43 AM
Registered

Quote:

Apostolic Ladies cutting their hair is an open act of rebellion. Long uncut hair on Ladies is not an option, it is a commandment of God.
Then out of that act of rebellion, we see ladies deliberately attempting to convince other Ladies that they are legalist for obeying this commandment. It is a real shame, for many here once adhered to the uncut hair scripture. If it was wrong to cut ladies hair in the past, it is still wrong today.
Closed Thread