Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > The Tab
Facebook

Notices

The Tab Cutting edge news of what is happening in Apostolic Oneness Pentecost today!

Old 11-15-2007, 05:00 PM
She makes me look good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherri View Post
I'm so glad Ashley graduated before all this hit the fan. She had a great experience at ORU, but she knows of several inconsistencies. She had a good friend that was very closely involved with the Roberts family, so she probably heard too much inside stuff. And NO, I will not share any of it on here!!
I appreciate you for that integrity....

I am sure there is a bunch of stuff...but I hate public opinion trials.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Poster View Post
Pelathais, I sure hope you don't get banned for telling the truth.

I have seen so many lies posted. The best one is the one Triumphant 1 did his best to combat. You know, the hair cutting party thing?

Prominent members of this board chose to believe the lie and even continue to spread it, even though T1 had totally proved it was false.
Old 11-15-2007, 05:03 PM
She makes me look good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyde View Post
I don't think that was called for, he reprinted what was in a newspaper, now he supposed to be all-knowing and have the spirit of discernment over every thing that he sees in print? That is ridiculous! How is he supposed to know what papers in different parts of the country are supposedly slanted?
Because I told him...

Go back and look at the progression of the posts again....I said what happened witht he talk show...and he comes back at me with ,"I got it form your paper....are you saying there nothing to it....." I said what i heard on the live interview by the prof that was mis-quoted....

Thad then turned it on me like I did domething wrong by trying to set the record straight....where is the ire for that?

Quote:

I have seen so many lies posted. The best one is the one Triumphant 1 did his best to combat. You know, the hair cutting party thing?

Prominent members of this board chose to believe the lie and even continue to spread it, even though T1 had totally proved it was false.
Old 11-15-2007, 05:07 PM
She makes me look good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad View Post
I agree dizzy- Exactly my thoughts

I was Shocked at Triumphant- never knew him to have this kind of attitude
BTW, what kind of attitude...

It has always ticked me off when posts are made as facts that are really quoting hearsay..oft times right out lies...that's not an attitude, it's just doing the right thing.

I gave you the opportunity to say, "Thanks for setting that straight before it went any further"...and you turned it back on me...

I just want you and all to know that no matter where it comes from...a lie is a lie....when someone calls it out, you should be thankful instead of trying to make some excuse to keep it going...

Quote:

Old 11-15-2007, 05:10 PM
She makes me look good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelathais View Post
I think he may have some antipathy for the local paper. The whole thing is a local thing for him thus he may have a completely different take because he has to listen to the local stations and outlets as they compete against one another with all of their attendant hype. He just sounds like someone who is burned out with the story- again something probably only another local could really understand.

I hope T1's emoticon means that he was trying to tease with that last statement. He's usually good humored.
I have a vested interest in the University because both my wife and I are presently in the Masters program at ORU...so there is some emotion for sure.

Secondly, I have little tolerance for the propagation of half truths...

Thirdly, I am sick of the story on the level that all this judgement is going on with little evidence. And it doesn't help when the media in our town prints things as though they were true that are not...according to the man they claimed to be quoting who says they were wrong and never talked to him!

Quote:

Old 11-15-2007, 05:13 PM
She makes me look good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by philjones View Post
Thad,

you should also keep in mind that T1 has some pretty close connections to the university through staff and former staff of his church. I think he is simply wanting to set the record straight AND get your goat a little bit a the same time.
Thank you for your great insight here...you nailed it completely!

Quote:

Old 11-15-2007, 05:15 PM
She makes me look good!

I gotta go....be back later on...

Quote:

Old 11-15-2007, 05:17 PM
Invisible Thad

The articles are for public consumption.

You have the right to state your opinion just like everyone else

I have little opinion either way just posting the from the news outlets

God bless you too "T"
Old 11-15-2007, 08:27 PM
She makes me look good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad View Post
The articles are for public consumption.

You have the right to state your opinion just like everyone else

I have little opinion either way just posting the from the news outlets

God bless you too "T"
This is the problem I am having here Thad...I didn't post MY opinion.

I posted what was reported here LOCALLY (THIS MORNING) by the THE PROFESSOR quoted in the article.

AND THAT PROFESSOR SAID THE ARTICLE WAS BOGUS!!!!!!!!!

Now you can post lies from non-credible news reporters till you are blue in the face....but at least back down from being "Mr. breaking news frontman" if the report turns out to be a false one!

Other than that...God Bless ye and keep the faith!

Quote:

Old 11-19-2007, 06:23 PM
Invisible Thad

***NEW ARTICLE IN TULSA WORLD- PROPHECY GIVEN TO RICHARD ROBERTS! ***

Six months ago, an out-of-state minister known for prophecy told Oral Roberts University President Richard Roberts he would go through a "major storm" but would come through it. The minister also said, "When you enter your 60th year, you'll step to a new level of ministry you've never known," Roberts recalled in an interview with the Tulsa World. Roberts celebrated his 59th birthday on Monday and then began his 60th year, six weeks after three former ORU professors filed a lawsuit claiming wrongful termination and alleging the Roberts family has misused ORU and Oral Roberts Ministries money and resources for themselves.

Roberts is on a leave of absence as president while ORU's board and independent auditors investigate the allegations. After the investigations, the board will decide if Roberts returns to the presidency. He continues to work as chairman and CEO of the ministries. He doesn't expect to be president forever, although he thinks now is his season in that role, he said. He sees himself taking on a spiritual leadership role at ORU, "be it chancellor
or whatever." His father, 89-year-old ORU founder Oral Roberts, is currently chancellor.

Richard Roberts said he has a hard time imagining the university without a Roberts.

"I'm the face; I'm the voice," he said.

Roberts thinks the ORU president ought to be someone "deeply immersed" in the evangelistic, healing ministry that created the university and someone who has "the call of God upon their life to be the president." Roberts and his father don't want to see the university split from the ministries or taken over by "the money people," in fear that such steps would point ORU toward becoming a secular college, Roberts said. ORU Provost Mark Lewandowski said he thinks professors are "intensely committed to defending the mission of the university" and ORU would not lose its Christian focus without a Roberts at the helm.

In the late 1980s, then-President Oral Roberts asked four people -- including one pastor and two seminary deans -- if they would consider being presented to the board of regents as possibilities for the presidency, Richard Roberts said. All four turned him down. At that point, Richard Roberts had already started his career, first working as his father's longtime assistant. He went on to found World Action Singers and then accompanied Oral Roberts to ORU faculty and deans' meetings and City of Faith construction meetings "so I could learn (about ORU) in case the call of God was on my life."

He wants to provide his daughters from his marriage with Lindsay Roberts with the same exposure to ministry, and he said they are already integral parts of it. Jordan, 22, graduated from ORU, and Olivia, 20, and Chloe, 18, withdrew from ORU this semester after the lawsuit was filed. Roberts said the younger two daughters hope to return as students.

"I don't want to push any family member into any role," he said. "I have no idea if the call of God is on anyone in my family after me."

He doesn't think Provost Lewandowski has been called to be president, he said.

Lewandowski, also the executive vice president of academic affairs, offered the board of regents his resignation on Thursday, saying that if Roberts remains as president, he could not "in good conscience serve under his leadership."

Lewandowski's letter to the board chairman described a "culture of fear" promoted by Roberts' management style and said Roberts has not addressed ORU's increasing debt.

"If ever there was a power play, that was what that was," Roberts said in response to Lewandowski's letter. "I am saddened to see that he wants to be president of the university himself."

Lewandowski declined to respond to Roberts' assertion.

Roberts said he loves the Lewandowskis but was shocked and saddened.

Lewandowski said earlier: "The faculty, the administration and the students love and appreciate Richard as a person, but we feel that it's time for a new leader and a new era at Oral Roberts University."

Lewandowski called for professors to take on governance at ORU and run the college, which he thinks they're more willing and prepared to do than a year ago. Accreditation representatives who visited ORU this month also called for stronger faculty governance, he said.

He has sensed excitement on campus, especially among employees, and "optimism that our greatest days are in front of us," he said.

On Monday, a quorum of tenured faculty voted "no confidence" in Roberts as president -- without regard to the outcome of the lawsuit and without judging ORU's or Roberts' guilt or innocence. They also voted "confidence" in Lewandowski's "call for greater faculty governance and transparency of university finances."

Lewandowski said: "The reason for my offer to resign is I didn't see the board of regents looking out for the best interest of the faculty and the students. It became apparent to me that someone had to speak on behalf of the faculty who very courageously made a statement of no confidence."

Roberts said that if the board chooses to keep him as president, he would have an open dialogue with faculty every two weeks and would bring about change at ORU.

"I believe if I'm given a second chance, I'll have an opportunity to do a lot better job and have not only a better relationship with the tenured faculty but with all faculty," he said. He has been president since 1993.

His "heart," he said, is not to perpetuate a "culture of fear," as Lewandowski wrote.

"If that's the perception, then I am wrong for allowing that perception to be there," Roberts said.

It's natural for some employees to fear their bosses, he said, and "when you're a strong leader, sometimes you give off an aura that you don't intend."

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/artic..._A1_hAcco43533
Old 11-19-2007, 06:26 PM
She makes me look good!

Roberts and Lewandowski on opposite sides is bad news for Richard...it would appear that The Tulsa World did get this article right...

The way this thing is going I have serious doubts if richard comes back...but for sure the school will be better...

Thad,

There is another article in yesterday's paper where Richard answers some of the allegations....it is interesting as well.

Quote: