Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 01-02-2008, 09:45 PM
ultra con (at least here)

UPC Pastor's miracle testimony -Omaha shooting

Over the holidays I visited family in Apopka. This past Sunday at Mike William's church (about half of which I believe are my relatives by blood or marriage) there was a guest speaker.

UPCI Pastor Jimmy Toney gave a wonderful message "No Limits"

As part as the message he recounted that his wife was at work during the killing spree at the mall in Omaha. She was in the customer service department and the ONLY one not murdered. People within three feet of her on either side were gunned down.

Police told Pastor Toney at that point the killer still had 30 rounds left and went to kill others before taking his own life. Police said it was miraculous she was still alive and the only explanation is somehow he did not see her there in plain sight.

The rest of the message was equally inspiring as he went on to proclaim - No limits in 2008.
Old 01-02-2008, 09:49 PM
Follower of Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Griffin View Post
Over the holidays I visited family in Apopka. This past Sunday at Mike William's church (about half of which I believe are my relatives by blood or marriage) there was a guest speaker.

UPCI Pastor Jimmy Toney gave a wonderful message "No Limits"

As part as the message he recounted that his wife was at work during the killing spree at the mall in Omaha. She was in the customer service department and the the ONLY one not murdered. People within three feet of her on either side were gunned down.

Police told Pastor Toney at that point the killer still had 30 rounds left and went to kill others before taking his own life. Police said it was miraculous she was still alive and the only explanation is somehow he did not see her there in plain sight.

The rest of the message was equally inspiring as he went on to proclaim - No limits in 2008.

Wonderful, my mother when I was child was in a HEB in Round Rock, TX that was robbed at gunpoint, the thief hit every register except the one my mother was at, she was face down prayin.

My personal mission is to BRING people into a right relationship with God, GROW them up to maturity and SEND them back into the world to minister.
Old 01-02-2008, 10:13 PM
Registered Member

It's a powerful testimony.

Common sense is genius dressed in working clothes.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Common sense and a sense of humor are the same thing, moving at different speeds. A sense of humor is just common sense, dancing.
William James
Old 01-02-2008, 10:15 PM
Forever Loved Admin

Amen, they are both powerful.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 01-03-2008, 02:49 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cneasttx View Post
Amen, they are both powerful.
Yes really amazing stories of God's protection
Old 01-03-2008, 10:02 AM
A rose in the desert

I just have to add my own personal testimony of God's protecting hand!

Years ago as a teenager in the neighborhood where we lived we had a police officer who had a police dog that had been rejected from the police force due to his inability to be trained he was a "MEAN and AGGRESIVE" dog. Anyway I was walking home from school and he came charging out at me and I just started to call on Jesus and that dog just kept lunging at me and circling me, my Mom pulled up and I jumped in the car and she said "that was the strangest thing....that dog looked like it was being blocked from getting close enough to bite you, but yet there was nothing in the way". Well I remember thinking well that's cool, but why didn't God just knock that dog out or something? (teenager, wild imagination......wanted a more demonstrative act of protection from God). Well as the day wore on, I realized just how awesome God was to protect me from that dog.

1 week later I was on my way to school early in the morning, and before I could even think that same dog came charging at me, I didn't even have time to call on Jesus....the next thing I know the dog is yelping and screaming like it has been hit by a mac truck and falls at my feet out like a light!! I was shocked and awed and also thought (someone is gonna think I killed this dog)! I just stepped around it and continued up the street praising God! My friend on the corner, said what's with that dog laying on the ground? At that time I turned around and that dog staggered to its feet and literaly looked at me and tucked it's tail and ran!!!

I will never forget that experience!!! God is AWESOME!!

Last edited by rosebud; 01-03-2008 at 10:03 AM. Reason: misspelled word
Old 01-03-2008, 10:29 AM
Live like it.

Love this thread!

Psalm 19:14
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
My Countdown Counting down to: Spring...
April Showers Bring May Flowers!
Old 01-03-2008, 10:35 AM
ultra con (at least here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. LPW View Post
Love this thread!
Me too. It is possible to have an amazing and positive thread on AFF!!
Old 01-03-2008, 05:30 PM
Registered Member

Let's hear the good things God has done for you.

What has God done for you recently that you want to shout out to all the homies on the forum?

God has given me health, strength, a good family, and eternal life. I won't complain. He is my:
healer, provider, deliverer, salvation, rock, strong foundation, God, and King.

Praise God from whom ALL blessings flow
Praise Him ALL creatures here below
Praise Him on earth you heavenly host
Praise God in the POWER OF THE HOLY GHOST!!

AMEN!! (And a few of the WOMEN)
Old 01-03-2008, 05:41 PM
Registered Member

He woke me up this morning, started me on my way...keeps me from dangers seen and unseen...what a mighty God!!