Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Homestead > Chef's Corner
Facebook

Notices

Chef's Corner Every Cook's favorite place! Post your recipes, share your cooking tips and ideas, etc.

Old 03-03-2015, 01:30 PM
of 9!! :)

Re: Mexican Food Recipes

YUM!!! Looks delicious!!
Old 03-03-2015, 03:39 PM
On the road less traveled

This recipe looks great PO! Just wondering - let me know how it turns out with flour tortillas. I always make my enchiladas with corn tortillas, as they seem to hold up better. I like the idea of marinating the chicken after it is cooked in the honey marinade - sounds wonderful! Thanks for sharing!
Old 03-03-2015, 04:15 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeptByTheWord View Post
This recipe looks great PO! Just wondering - let me know how it turns out with flour tortillas. I always make my enchiladas with corn tortillas, as they seem to hold up better. I like the idea of marinating the chicken after it is cooked in the honey marinade - sounds wonderful! Thanks for sharing!
I don't use flour tortillas either. I will cook my chicken in a crockpot overnight so that I can set it out early to cool and debone. I'll let you know. I am thinking I might make it Thursday instead of tomorrow.
Old 03-03-2015, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
I don't use flour tortillas either. I will cook my chicken in a crockpot overnight so that I can set it out early to cool and debone. I'll let you know. I am thinking I might make it Thursday instead of tomorrow.
Our favorite family comfort food is enchiladas. I like to make mine with sour cream, and green verde sauce, with corn tortillas, and LOTS of cheese! YUM!

This recipe sounds really good though, with the marinade. I'll be interested in your opinion on how it turns out!
Old 03-03-2015, 04:26 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Our favorite family comfort food is enchiladas. I like to make mine with sour cream, and green verde sauce, with corn tortillas, and LOTS of cheese! YUM!

This recipe sounds really good though, with the marinade. I'll be interested in your opinion on how it turns out!
Actually, I read the ingredients and being I had them all, decided to make the dish. I didn't even look at the process. So, yes, I will report back on the marinade. Why do I only like making recipes with "processes"?
Old 03-03-2015, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Actually, I read the ingredients and being I had them all, decided to make the dish. I didn't even look at the process. So, yes, I will report back on the marinade. Why do I only like making recipes with "processes"?
And I'm the opposite - I'm always looking for the simple, easy and spectacular, lol! However, if a dish is really spectacular, I may consider a more complicated process. But it is a big IF. Time has a lot of value for me too, lol!
Old 03-03-2015, 04:43 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
And I'm the opposite - I'm always looking for the simple, easy and spectacular, lol! However, if a dish is really spectacular, I may consider a more complicated process. But it is a big IF. Time has a lot of value for me too, lol!
I love the tedious and detailed stuff. But, I have to be listening to something - music, sermon, news report....
Old 03-04-2015, 09:52 AM

Quote:
I love the tedious and detailed stuff. But, I have to be listening to something - music, sermon, news report....
That's awesome... I don't work like that - for me, simple, quick and awesome recipes always pique my interest. I do enjoy making homemade bread though, and that is a somewhat tedious process, but the outcome is so awesome! Made a beautiful pan of hot rolls for dinner last night. 40 minutes from mixing bowl to table. Now that is the kind of recipe I love!
Old 03-04-2015, 09:58 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:
That's awesome... I don't work like that - for me, simple, quick and awesome recipes always pique my interest. I do enjoy making homemade bread though, and that is a somewhat tedious process, but the outcome is so awesome! Made a beautiful pan of hot rolls for dinner last night. 40 minutes from mixing bowl to table. Now that is the kind of recipe I love!
Well, I do cheat on the rolls and bread. I use my bread machine for the initial kneading and first rise.
Old 03-04-2015, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Well, I do cheat on the rolls and bread. I use my bread machine for the initial kneading and first rise.
Oh bread machines sure do save a lot of time! Amen to that!