Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 01-17-2015, 07:45 PM
Registered Member

Location: Phoenix, AZ.: Baptized in the NAME of the Lord Jesus in 1982.
Re: Why I am Now Convinced of a Pre-Trib Rapture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abiding Now View Post
Future events of the church? I'll just leave that to others. Me, my short list is I'm convinced there's one God and his name is Jesus. I'm convinced water baptism in his name is Biblically correct and the baptism of the Holy Ghost is for believers today.
Yep: the Gospel that saves hasn't changed.
Old 01-17-2015, 08:12 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherEastman View Post
Mike, I appreciate you and your beliefs concerning the matter, I would also like to point out that many of the post-trib questions that baffled even me were answered in Todd's blog. Therefore, I must conclude that with the answers posted above, I am confident in a Pre-Trib rapture. I've seen both arguments and now am satisfied with Todd and his blog. God bless you my friend.

Brother, I implore you to take a step back and remain in the undecided camp for the time being. These are really weak arguments Todd presents and YOU owe it to yourself to wait awhile before you jump on board. Your eternal destiny might hinge on it. Not that I think one cannot be saved believing the pre-trib doctrine. But the day will come soon when it WILL matter what one believes about the rapture. I'm preparing for the trib spiritually. By default i'm ready for a pre-trib rapture if it happens. But those who are looking for a pre-trib rapture probably will not have enough Holy Ghost steel in their soul to endure the trib if it does turn out they have to go through it. Please wait before you make a decision brother. Todd is not using sound hermeneutics and many on here can prove it.
Old 01-17-2015, 08:58 PM
Registered Member

Rather than haven questions answered, I think people revert back to what is most familiar from what has been taught in the past more than anything. And they translate that into witnessing with truth.

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 01-17-2015, 09:51 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Where exactly did the apostles actually teach a pre-trib rapture?

For that matter, where did they teach a "seven year tribulation just before Jesus returns"?

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 01-17-2015, 10:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Where exactly did the apostles actually teach a pre-trib rapture?

For that matter, where did they teach a "seven year tribulation just before Jesus returns"?

This may help bro....

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...i08jbQ5GzqHVuw

Enjoy!

Just an exerpt.....The Pre-Wrath view presents a different set of theological contradictions, removing the element of surprise completely. So why would Jesus command us all to WATCH (Mark 13:39)?

Mark 13:35-37, “Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning: Lest coming suddenly he find you sleeping. And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch.”

Last edited by Sean; 01-17-2015 at 10:28 PM.
Old 01-17-2015, 11:09 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
This may help bro....

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...i08jbQ5GzqHVuw

Enjoy!

Just an exerpt.....The Pre-Wrath view presents a different set of theological contradictions, removing the element of surprise completely. So why would Jesus command us all to WATCH (Mark 13:39)?

Mark 13:35-37, “Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning: Lest coming suddenly he find you sleeping. And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch.”
According to the Bible to whom was Jesus speaking to in Mark 13?

Mar 13:1 And as he went out of the temple, one of his DISCIPLES saith unto him, Master, see what manner of stones and what buildings are here!
Mar 13:2 And Jesus answering said unto HIM, Seest thou these great buildings? there shall not be left one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.
Mar 13:3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives over against the temple, Peter and James and John and Andrew asked him privately,
Mar 13:4 TELL US, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign when all these things shall be fulfilled?
Mar 13:5 And Jesus answering THEM began to say, Take heed lest any man deceive YOU: ...

Last edited by Bowas; 01-17-2015 at 11:12 PM.
Old 01-18-2015, 06:02 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowas View Post

Mar 13:1 And as he went out of the temple, one of his DISCIPLES saith unto him, Master, see what manner of stones and what buildings are here!
Mar 13:2 And Jesus answering said unto HIM, Seest thou these great buildings? there shall not be left one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.
Mar 13:3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives over against the temple, Peter and James and John and Andrew asked him privately,
Mar 13:4 TELL US, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign when all these things shall be fulfilled?
Mar 13:5 And Jesus answering THEM began to say, Take heed lest any man deceive YOU: ...
Huh? Guess what at NO TIME did Jesus address you PERSONALLY or any OF US! Did you not know that? At no time did Paul or any apostle address anything with our names on it.

The Preterist have absolutely NOTHING from Jesus to stand on for all the things written in the scriptures were (in their mind) written to people who mysteriously vanished from the Earth 2000 years ago.

They LOVE to hijack a good discussion and preach their doctrine in every end time thread.
Old 01-18-2015, 06:14 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abiding Now View Post
Future events of the church? I'll just leave that to others. Me, my short list is I'm convinced there's one God and his name is Jesus. I'm convinced water baptism in his name is Biblically correct and the baptism of the Holy Ghost is for believers today.
If thats all you believe you dont yet have an Apostolic foundation.
Old 01-18-2015, 06:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowas View Post

Bowas, we have been through this and I enjoy talking to you about this subject immensely. I would love to answer you, but the psycho evangelist is back to mock and ridicule his way though these projects of ours. I will refrain from discussing preterism until he leaves again and I see the coast is clear....LOL.(His stupid comments and mocking pictures make my old man want to come off the cross)......be patient bro., he will disappear again.

Old 01-18-2015, 06:34 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
Huh? Guess what at NO TIME did Jesus address you PERSONALLY or any OF US! Did you not know that? At no time did Paul or any apostle address anything with our names on it.

The Preterist have absolutely NOTHING from Jesus to stand on for all the things written in the scriptures were (in their mind) written to people who mysteriously vanished from the Earth 2000 years ago.

They LOVE to hijack a good discussion and preach their doctrine in every end time thread.
Always happens.