Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 09-01-2015, 08:33 AM
Registered Member

Immmigration stats (L)

Interesting immigration stats.

In 2014. The U.S. government issued 9,932,480 immigrant and non-immigrant visas. Of those, 4,551,616 went to citizens of mostly Latin countries in the western hemisphere (nearly 50%). Of that number, 1,484,480 went to Mexicans (almost 33%). Again, these are documented immigrant and non-immigrant work/education visas.

I understand the concerns of those here without documentation. Believe me, I get it. But can't a better argument be made to defend undocumented immigrants than crying "racism" like Jorge Ramos is doing? If we were a racist nation, we would not be giving so many visas to non-Americans. And incidentally, only a small percentage of these over 9 million visas went to Europeans (less than 10%). Latin America got almost HALF of them.

Not trying to argue. Just trying to understand.

Thoughts? (please be civil)

My source: http://travel.state.gov/…/FY20…/FY14...rt-TableIV.pdf
Old 09-01-2015, 10:20 PM
Yeshua is God

Re: Immmigration stats (L)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
Interesting immigration stats.

In 2014. The U.S. government issued 9,932,480 immigrant and non-immigrant visas. Of those, 4,551,616 went to citizens of mostly Latin countries in the western hemisphere (nearly 50%). Of that number, 1,484,480 went to Mexicans (almost 33%). Again, these are documented immigrant and non-immigrant work/education visas.

I understand the concerns of those here without documentation. Believe me, I get it. But can't a better argument be made to defend undocumented immigrants than crying "racism" like Jorge Ramos is doing? If we were a racist nation, we would not be giving so many visas to non-Americans. And incidentally, only a small percentage of these over 9 million visas went to Europeans (less than 10%). Latin America got almost HALF of them.

Not trying to argue. Just trying to understand.

Thoughts? (please be civil)

My source: http://travel.state.gov/…/FY20…/FY14...rt-TableIV.pdf
It is easier to get from Mexico to America, since it is across the border. To get to America from Europe you need to take an airplane for many hours.
Old 09-01-2015, 11:13 PM
NW Acts 2:38 Son

Re: Immmigration stats (L)

When you live in Mexico as I did when I was young and visit as many times as I have been able. You will see why more people are trying to get here from there, than Europeans.

Besides, I have 3 teenagers and growing quickly. They are on the lookout for good young men. My wife and I are also, (In spite of what my girls say.) Good ones that pray, worship, preach with the preaching, and have a good work ethic are rare to find. Most teenage boys don’t want to work, and if they do, they don’t want to work until they are out of college and forced to go into the labor market. I know this to be fact, I have offered a Golden chance for them to work for the company I work for with over 22000 employees in northern CA. I have offered them for years a sponsor to get into a trade apprenticeship. No bites. None interested. These pukes don’t want to work hard for a living.

This brings me to the point, a $10 US dollars per hr job to a Mexican is big money. For them to be able to have 2 of those kinda jobs is a gold mine. For them to be able to get a job in the building trades or a trade union job is a dream for them.

Let’s face it, these guys will out work most, for longer periods of time, and for less money, than our lazy, too good for a $10 dollar job, American born boys – any family nationality (this generation).

Europe pays equivalent wages and the euro goes farther than the US dollar.

The only subject I think that is obviously a racism is ‘anchor babies.’ Because these kids are Americans born in the land of the free. Regardless of how they got here. It wasn’t there choice. They are also not a factoring percentage even recordable to the demise of America. Leave the kids alone, go after real criminals. Like the drug cartels that roam free in and out of the States legally.

America is not a racist country but racism is on the rise, and much suppressed feelings are surfacing. And its not just whites that are racist.

Read your newspaper.
(JMO)

Last edited by J.A. Perez; 09-01-2015 at 11:20 PM.