Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Foyer > New Member Info
Facebook

Notices

New Member Info Wanting to sign up to become a member of AFF? Please read 'New Member Registration Info' stickied here!

Old 04-06-2018, 08:19 AM
Registered Member

New Member to AFF

I'm new here to Apostolic Friends Forum. I have been trying for quite some time to get my account here activated (it finally is!) after some two years as a part of Christian Forums. While I did had some good experiences with CF, the majority of them left me a tad sour to the forums there in general. In numerous occasions, I was singled out or criticized for not being Trinitarian, as well as my beliefs on Jesus' Name baptism, inward and outward holiness, the Godhead, the evidence of Spirit baptism, and so on. I was finally banned from the Pentecostal & Assemblies of God home forum for a period of six months because I provided Biblical evidence that speaking in tongues was the initial outward sign of a believer being Spirit-filled. Now, I've made my way here to AFF, and I'm hoping my ideas and beliefs will mix here better.

Anyways, having said all of that, I want to give a quick run-down of myself and my walk with Jesus...
I wasn't raised in the Apostolic church. As a child, my family flipped back and forth between Baptist and Nazarene churches. Overall, I would say we were a theologically Baptist family. For a time, we attended a Full Gospel Baptist church, which had a Pentecostal-type vibe; people spoke in tongues, there were prophecies, tent revivals, and things of that sort, but the people let the devil get in there and destroy the work the Lord had going. After my parents divorced, both of my parents fell out of church and I quickly followed suit. By the time my father began seeing who is now my "Bonus Mom" (we don't do that "step" stuff!), I had absolutely no interest in going to any kind of church. At the time, my father and I were occasionally attending a large Baptist church on Sunday mornings and my Bonus Mom was attending a Church of God. Eventually, we found our way to an Apostolic church. I've repented, went down in Jesus' Name, received the Holy Ghost, and helped get my mother in church.

I don't want to go into too much detail because I didn't want the post to get boring. In short, I'm hoping my time here will be filled with better experiences than my previous ones over at CF.

God bless!
Brother Belflower
Old 04-06-2018, 01:10 PM
of 9!! :)

Re: New Member to AFF

Welcome!
Old 04-06-2018, 09:17 PM
Yeshua is God

Welcome
Old 04-11-2018, 02:56 AM
Go Dodgers!

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.