Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 09-14-2018, 09:17 AM
Registered Member

Re: Dancing. Thoughts?

God is worthy of praise, worship, applause, dance because he saved you, loves you, dance because he is faithful, he is merciful, and good........dont wait until you feel his spirit to praise and dance before the Lord. Do it because he is worthy and well deserving of every bit of our praise whether we feel it or not.....dance before the Lord simply because He is God.
Old 09-14-2018, 09:31 AM
Banned

If you don't have joy, leap until you have joy.
Old 09-14-2018, 09:40 AM
Isaiah 56:4-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeBukaroo View Post
If you don't have joy, leap until you have joy.
Um
Old 09-14-2018, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostolic1ness View Post
God is worthy of praise, worship, applause, dance because he saved you, loves you, dance because he is faithful, he is merciful, and good........dont wait until you feel his spirit to praise and dance before the Lord. Do it because he is worthy and well deserving of every bit of our praise whether we feel it or not.....dance before the Lord simply because He is God.
It takes an act of God for me to “dance.” I’m concerned about the persons response because Suber has my moves.
Old 09-14-2018, 10:13 AM
Registered Member

There is a carnal dance and there is a dance that glorifies God. It's not the moves that is important, so much as the motivation.
Old 09-14-2018, 10:24 AM
Registered Member

I dislike this song as much as "I'm a Pentecostal."

Old 09-14-2018, 10:46 AM

Yuck
Old 09-14-2018, 12:31 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post

My thoughts exactly.
Old 09-14-2018, 01:25 PM
Not riding the train

Re: Thoughts?

Quote:
No. At least I don't think it is. Why was it said to be wrong?

I was in that service. It was awesome.
I believe that everyone should know they have the freedom to worship in any way they feel and not to feel pressured to perform and respond in the way, perhaps, the leader expects or wants them to.

A few points that I really like from Gary D. Erickson's book, Pentecostal Worship"

Quote:
Page 82 - "A sinner who visits a worshiping church will feel the convicting power of God. Sometimes in our zealous efforts to convert sinners, we can make them feel like a helpless worm exposed to a hungry bird. There is definitely a time to exhort people to make a decision for the Lord. There is also a time for travail and intercession. Certainly, they will appreciate our concern for them if they understand our motive. But sometimes we only need to worship! Worship creates the climate for the moving of the Spirit. It will move people who would be untouchable through human effort. Jesus said, "No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day." (John 6:44) Human efforts have their limitations but God has none. "Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts." (Zechariah 4:6)
Quote:
Page 102 - "A worshiper knows that there are times of stillness and sensitivity. He knows that worship is not a monologue of noise. Worship is a dialogue of communion with God. "Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth." (Psalm 46:10).

The worship service can fall into the trap of the cheerleading game when making noise becomes the objective. A misdirected worship leader can prod an audience with challenges and actually build a crescendo of noise that is only an empty echo to his own words. Hand clapping and the people can amuse themselves with a game of group exercise."
Quote:
Page 122 - "Sometimes the anointing simply brigs an overwhelming feeling of intense joy, causing the whole body to feel light and buoyant. When a person has such an experience, his response will vary according to his personality."
Quote:
Page 123 - "In a service where dancing occurs, those who do not choose to dance should not be made to feel less spiritual. There are other methods of praise that are just as effective."
Quote:
Page 145 - "From time to time, the people will need a stimulating challenge, but a rebuke should be used only rarely and then in the wise discretion of the pastor and not anyone else. If the congregation is intimidated, they will be distracted from the main goal. People should always be treated with human dignity."
I believe a lot of worship leaders, pastors (required reading to obtain a license) and saints alike need to revisit this book, at least, once a year as a refresher. JMHO.

My only problem with Suber is not his dancing, which is his right to express himself however he feels before God alone. My problem is hearing him say that the Holy Ghost is for power and is not salvific.

You can run an easy search on POWER in the New Testament and find that you would LOST without it.
Old 09-14-2018, 01:27 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Very old. I give it a pass. We learn and move on.