Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Prayer Closet > Testimonies
Facebook

Notices

Old 02-15-2017, 01:15 AM
Registered Member

My testimony!

I like share my testimony and i want read yours.
I will try then write this in english and i hope that you will be able to read it ?

i am 33 years old and i live in Athens, Greece.
My family was not religious. My information about God was from my grandmother (an old calendar Othodox) and one my uncles (a Jehovah witness).
In the age of 14 i deside to eave my life and i said to God : "i do not believe you excist but even if you excist i do not want you to have any authority on me"
My life after that was a life of rebellion, crime, drugs etc. for many years.
It is worth to say that all those years God did not leave me .He protect me many times and He was sending me many many people to evangelize me.

After many years i start get tired of how the situation of my life was but i also realized that i could not change it.
It was the second time i entered to prison and i said to Jesus :"please help me and i will follow tou" .After that i was free from this penalty because a new law was passed!
But i could not do something good.In the same day i was using drugs and stealing.

After that. One day while i smoked my crystal meth. An old woman came and spoke to me about Christ.I listen her.She prayed for me (in other tonges also).Although i did not pray that day ( because i was feeling very filthy) i learn that Jesus loves me and i can call Him.
I did that some days latter and Jesus helped me overcome that heavy staff of drugs.I knew that someting happen in my life but i could not accept christianity.I hated Jews and i was thinking christianity is a jewish way to hide the pagan greek religion.
On those times when i prayed i was feeling something and i always ask God to tell me who He is.

Some time latter i visit at evening an orthodox priest and i asked him :"how i can know God?"
He told me "you should know Jesus, the secod person of the trinity. pray and read the new testament"
I start doing that but i did not attent at any church.
One night i saw a dream and somebody told me "there is a gospel church at the next town"
I search and found a pentecostal trinitarian church who baptize in Jesus name,five minutes long of my home.(i attent to that now) But i thought "is it possible God wants me to a pentecostal church?" I said that besause i thought what i listened to orthodox xhurch that pentecostals are demonical.
And i found then next a small evangelical church who sonsists of a pastor with his family and 6-7 old women.
I started attend there almost a month until one day i get tired:

It was a good thing that every Sunday i listened the gospel of Jesus and his sacrifice. I prayed and always felt something nice and hope.But the rest of the week i realize i could not obey what i was reading in the new testament.
This make me disappoinded besause i wanted to to the good but instead that i did the things i did not wanted.
One day i dicide to stop attent to church, reading the bible or praying anymore and in general i deside to just coninue my life like i wanted and if God wants he should call me.
I said that to God : " Oh God you are very strange what ever i ask you you guve me the oposite, i dont know you and i can not do something know you really.I f you want you can help me but i san not anymore di things of my own."

After one week of disappointment.
I went to my room to pray but i could not speak! His present was there!
He said to me (or he make me see a vision like a film, or make me remeber that i dont know realy) all my sins but more He said to me all the times that he save me from death and the tinmes that He was sending me people to evangelize me.
I said to Him "Jesus forgive me" and i felt clean! I felt clean first time on my life, something like a light was inside me!
Then i start to glorifying him and i ask him "Jesus i can not do nothing without you , please come and live inside me" And he came with power and i began speak in tongues!!!
That was before thrree years .Of coursse after thet i found a oneness church and i get baptized in the name of Jesus.
Amen.

Last edited by peter83; 02-15-2017 at 01:29 AM.
Old 02-15-2017, 04:10 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Re: My testimony!

Thank you for sharing your beautiful testimony,
our God is amazing, He is mighty to save!
Old 02-15-2017, 09:02 AM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Amazing testimony my friend!
Old 02-15-2017, 10:51 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
Thank you for sharing your beautiful testimony,
our God is amazing, He is mighty to save!
Yes He is!
I admire his patience!
Old 02-15-2017, 10:52 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwill83 View Post
Amazing testimony my friend!
Glory to our Lord and God Jesus Christ!
Old 02-15-2017, 04:08 PM
On the road less traveled

Powerful testimony of the great grace, love and mercy of the Lord in your life! I pray the Lord continues to bless, encourage, and strengthen you, that the gospel would be shared mightily with all those you meet!

You asked about our testimony. I was raised in OP church, and at the young age of 4 years old I began to fear that the Lord would come back and I would be lost, and never see my family again. Yes, my fear was that real. I would wake in the night shivering, wondering if tonight the Lord would come, and I would not go, because I had not yet spoken in tongues. I was baptized shortly thereafter during a revival meeting our church was having. That Sunday night, when the altar call was made I remember crying out to the Lord and asking Him to let me speak in tongues so I could sleep that night. As I prayed, the evangelist came over and laid his hands on me. Instantly I began to speak in tongues. It was a powerful moment in my life, but most of all, I was thankful I could sleep that night, and not have to worry about going to hell!

The Lord has been with me ever since, despite my fearful beginning, and I am so thankful for the gift of tongues, and for the ability to pray in the Spirit.

But if there is one thing I could change, it would be the way "tongues" are taught in OP churches as a must-have to get to heaven, and a get-out-of-hell ticket concept. I remember preachers saying "you better have spoken in tongues on the day Jesus comes back". I remember thinking to myself, that if I was ever about to be in a car accident I was going to start speaking in tongues just to make sure I could go to heaven.

It is this kind of fear that perpetrates the underlying message of salvation in OP circles, but I am thankful as I grew older, and had my own children, that I was able to teach them to seek Jesus, and all these things would be added unto them. Be obedient in repentance and baptism and the Lord will add all the rest. And yes, my children are spirit filled and I praise the Lord for it!
Old 02-15-2017, 10:57 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeptByTheWord View Post
Powerful testimony of the great grace, love and mercy of the Lord in your life! I pray the Lord continues to bless, encourage, and strengthen you, that the gospel would be shared mightily with all those you meet!

You asked about our testimony. I was raised in OP church, and at the young age of 4 years old I began to fear that the Lord would come back and I would be lost, and never see my family again. Yes, my fear was that real. I would wake in the night shivering, wondering if tonight the Lord would come, and I would not go, because I had not yet spoken in tongues. I was baptized shortly thereafter during a revival meeting our church was having. That Sunday night, when the altar call was made I remember crying out to the Lord and asking Him to let me speak in tongues so I could sleep that night. As I prayed, the evangelist came over and laid his hands on me. Instantly I began to speak in tongues. It was a powerful moment in my life, but most of all, I was thankful I could sleep that night, and not have to worry about going to hell!

The Lord has been with me ever since, despite my fearful beginning, and I am so thankful for the gift of tongues, and for the ability to pray in the Spirit.

But if there is one thing I could change, it would be the way "tongues" are taught in OP churches as a must-have to get to heaven, and a get-out-of-hell ticket concept. I remember preachers saying "you better have spoken in tongues on the day Jesus comes back". I remember thinking to myself, that if I was ever about to be in a car accident I was going to start speaking in tongues just to make sure I could go to heaven.

It is this kind of fear that perpetrates the underlying message of salvation in OP circles, but I am thankful as I grew older, and had my own children, that I was able to teach them to seek Jesus, and all these things would be added unto them. Be obedient in repentance and baptism and the Lord will add all the rest. And yes, my children are spirit filled and I praise the Lord for it!
very beautiful experience!
I pray God continue bless you and your family.

After all if i have the faith to moove mountains, speak all tongues of the world and angels, even if i will give my body to the fire if i do not have love. I am nothing!
Old 02-16-2017, 02:57 AM
Go Dodgers!

Praise God. Thank you for this Peter

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 02-16-2017, 04:26 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Peter do you know Brother Vasilis Zafeirloglou in Volos?
Old 02-16-2017, 04:45 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Peter do you know Brother Vasilis Zafeirloglou in Volos?
Not personal. Just by name.
I was in the latests greek conference of UPCI but the majority of oneness in Greece does not participate.Actualy they dont have any contact with UPCI . With a few exeptions only (2-3 pastors).

Do you have any relationship with Greece?

You mean this man.

Last edited by peter83; 02-16-2017 at 05:04 AM.