Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 01-03-2023, 03:39 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Re: People Are Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
Good question! I guess cause he's crazy.
Well, he's no Steve Winter...

Old 01-03-2023, 05:39 PM
Registered Member

I referred to that Robin guy, btw.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
I could not help but notice the style of how he speaks and manner of rant sounds exactly like many UPCI ministers. It's just a style of speaking, but it's identical. I'm not talking about what he's saying. Just his style apart from the hippie look (lol). And I am not saying hit in a critical way.

Is he ex-upc? I have not been following the thread in case this was mentioned.

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 01-03-2023, 09:33 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I could not help but notice the style of how he speaks and manner of rant sounds exactly like many UPCI ministers. It's just a style of speaking, but it's identical. I'm not talking about what he's saying. Just his style apart from the hippie look (lol). And I am not saying hit in a critical way.

I don’t know any upc people who speak like that. I guess there is always that one, but I haven't send a trend like that. Matter of fact I don't know one, but maybe it is different in other locations.
Old 01-03-2023, 10:02 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
I referred to that Robin guy, btw.
1. His voice sounds like that because he does a lot of talking and singing without doing exercises to reduce the damage to his vocal chords. Same thing with most preachers who get loud and animated, whether they be Pentecostal or Baptist or whatever.

2. His speech patterns are reminiscent of southern preachers (again, whether Baptist or Charismatic or Pentecostal is irrelevant). He may have grown up down south, or he has studied preachers and learned to mimic them.

He doesn't come across as particularly "UPC sounding" to me. I don't think there is a specific UPC speech pattern. I've heard different preachers from different areas in the UPC and they all have different (but often regional) speech patterns. I can also usually tell who came out of a big city church environment vs who came from a small country church environment, regardless of region.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 01-03-2023, 11:17 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
1. His voice sounds like that because he does a lot of talking and singing without doing exercises to reduce the damage to his vocal chords. Same thing with most preachers who get loud and animated, whether they be Pentecostal or Baptist or whatever.

2. His speech patterns are reminiscent of southern preachers (again, whether Baptist or Charismatic or Pentecostal is irrelevant). He may have grown up down south, or he has studied preachers and learned to mimic them.

He doesn't come across as particularly "UPC sounding" to me. I don't think there is a specific UPC speech pattern. I've heard different preachers from different areas in the UPC and they all have different (but often regional) speech patterns. I can also usually tell who came out of a big city church environment vs who came from a small country church environment, regardless of region.
Agreed. This can be said of dialects in general.

Ya’ll all should know now that down here yonder in the south we have our own way of talk’n. Lol
Old 01-04-2023, 07:01 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by good samaritan View Post
I don’t know any upc people who speak like that. I guess there is always that one, but I haven't send a trend like that. Matter of fact I don't know one, but maybe it is different in other locations.
Oh, I could. I close my eyes and it's just like a UPC preacher up there. I just seen them on videos and special speaking at conferences go on like that. It just struck me funny.

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 02-19-2023, 03:56 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Old 02-19-2023, 04:04 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Oh, I could. I close my eyes and it's just like a UPC preacher up there. I just seen them on videos and special speaking at conferences go on like that. It just struck me funny.
Old 02-19-2023, 04:51 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
Good question! I guess cause he's crazy.
Old 02-20-2023, 06:04 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:

Apostle Robin D. Bullock
Robin is a notable author and teacher. He operates heavily in the Prophetic realm. Some of the prophecy that The Lord has spoken through Robin is astounding! His latest books are "God Is Absolutely Good!" & "Apostolic Shift." The unique anointing in which the River flows through Robin, God has used to place him in very strategic positions to teach His mighty Word! God has always used Robin in connection with his music.
Along with his wife also named (Robin-Robin & Robin), they were known as the singing duo "Twice Robin" along with having several Number 1 songs.
Robin D. Bullock Is An Outreach Ministry Of:
Youth Force Ministries Church International Inc.
God Is Absolutely Good (G.I.A.G.)™

His wife is named Robin? You can't make this up.

Brother Blume, which UPCI minister does he sound like? You were UPCI do you preach like this individual?