Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Search For Similiar Threads Using Key Words & Phrases
charismatic, hallelujah, holiness, holy ghost, revival

Old 06-20-2018, 07:21 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Re: Prediction: The Charismatics Will Seek Holine

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
Does IHOP also do fire circles like Bethel?
That's so funny, I thought you said fire circles.
Old 06-20-2018, 07:31 PM
Isaiah 56:4-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
That's so funny, I thought you said fire circles.
I meant fire tunnels
Old 06-20-2018, 07:42 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
Did you not SEE the video? Did the woman get baptized into the name of Jesus? Or did she not?
At 1:17 he says "in the name of the Father," then is interrupted by something. Pretty sure had he not been interrupted he would have continued the titles.

Like he did with this baptism:

1:21 "Father, we baptize this man in your name, in the name of Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit."

That's what they call the titles.

I stand by my statement that ihop doesn't require students to be baptized in Jesus name or require them to receive the HG with tongues.

Last edited by n david; 06-20-2018 at 07:45 PM.
Old 06-20-2018, 08:28 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Mike, so what doth hinder you?

If Trinitarians who are baptized in Jesus name and hucka mo shia makes everything cool. Why ain't you on the front row of the Misty Mountain Hop?
Did I say it made everything cool? But you said if one did what it says in Acts 2:38 they are born again. I could not disagree with that. I am not at IHOP because I believe in Jesus Only. They do not.

I believe the complete new birth is Acts 2:38. Even tho when I first was baptized in Jesus name I did not. I was so baptized because I saw thats the way the Apostles baptized.

They teach the truth of post trib rapture which is better than most Apostolic groups. They do not teach the truth of soul sleep or annihilation. They dont do the headcovering. They SEEM more like Christians than many Apostolics I know.

They reach out to the poor and homeless. The prayer room is going 24/7 always. Anyone from anywhere on Earth can come to the prayer room and pray or worship with one of the worship bands no charge any time.

They have anti abortion and anti human trafficking groups that are active. IMO they USED to have some of the best praise and worship I ever seen.

A lot of good things. If I lived in that neck of the woods I would probably be an occasional visitor.

As dogmatic as I am about truth I'm sure I would quickly wear out my welcome if I had opportunity to speak to leadership.

Nonetheless I have seen people there that I believe are Spirit filled Jesus people. I care for them and pray for them. I am not ashamed of that. As I said earlier I noticed some things a few years back that caused me to stop following them (by way of streaming video) which is all I have ever followed them.

But I find it easy to pray God would send them a great revival.
Old 06-20-2018, 08:39 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
They SEEM more like Christians than many Apostolics I know.
So, a group of people "seem more like Christians" than people who actually have been born again? Mike, is a Christian one who does nice things and has the cool music? Or is a Christian one who obeys Jesus Christ?

Reading your posts, you seem to believe God's actual church has been left in the dust by groups like IHOP. Do you ever stop to contemplate the ramifications of that?

And more importantly, WHAT ARE YOU DOING about the sad state of "most apostolics"? Do you pray for "apostolic churches" in your local area the way you pray for IHOP and related groups? To the same extent? With the same faith?

Imagine a man who envied the family down the street so much he could only complain about his own family, while yearning and daydreaming about how cool it would be if that family down the street only had his last name. Some might think that was covetous, perhaps bordering on adultery?

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 06-20-2018, 08:47 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
At 1:17 he says "in the name of the Father," then is interrupted by something. Pretty sure had he not been interrupted he would have continued the titles.

Like he did with this baptism:

1:21 "Father, we baptize this man in your name, in the name of Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit."

That's what they call the titles.

I stand by my statement that ihop doesn't require students to be baptized in Jesus name or require them to receive the HG with tongues.
I was paying attention when these things were going on. David Pawson had come and preached at IHOP. Tho a Trin he teaches Acts 2:38 is the plan of salvation and baptizes into the name of Jesus.

Several Ministers there accepted the message And I heard them preach it openly. I was very happy. But Mike Bickle SEEMED to be offended by it and came on strong for all the Ministry to get in one accord. Altho I was having to read between the lines I felt I could see he was resisting it.

So I believe there was at least some kind of battle over it among Ministers. The one who seemed to have fully accepted it has left for Germany. It seemed to me after these things they were pushing hard to be accepted among Evangelicals.

It was during this time I lost interest in them. Recently I stumbled onto the articles by Hal Linerhadt on their site. I can only guess that some kind of compromise eventually prevailed there over Acts 2:38.

I said I believed it was expected (I never said required) for people to be baptized in Jesus name because of what was written on the site. And since I have seen videos where people are baptized in Jesus name I believe they are now doing it.

Early on I would not be surprised if there was some confusion about it. But I do believe they are PRACTICING Acts 2:38 not for salvation (which I never said) but as foundations for Christian living like some Charismatics or even some Apostolics.

Last edited by Michael The Disciple; 06-20-2018 at 08:50 PM.
Old 06-20-2018, 09:05 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
So, a group of people "seem more like Christians" than people who actually have been born again? Mike, is a Christian one who does nice things and has the cool music? Or is a Christian one who obeys Jesus Christ?

Reading your posts, you seem to believe God's actual church has been left in the dust by groups like IHOP. Do you ever stop to contemplate the ramifications of that?

And more importantly, WHAT ARE YOU DOING about the sad state of "most apostolics"? Do you pray for "apostolic churches" in your local area the way you pray for IHOP and related groups? To the same extent? With the same faith?

Imagine a man who envied the family down the street so much he could only complain about his own family, while yearning and daydreaming about how cool it would be if that family down the street only had his last name. Some might think that was covetous, perhaps bordering on adultery?
I believe there are those there who ARE born again. If one does Acts 2:38 is he not born again? If one goes by who OBEYS Jesus Christ then we will quickly find out that for MOST of the Apostolics I have known there is a double standard.

They have their own "light" doctrine. As long as one does Acts 2:38 they have Heaven made no matter what other false doctrines they teach. Other groups may be fashioned into the image of Jesus more than they, which if one has the Holy Spirit and walks by faith is entirely possible.

What AM I DOING about Apostolic Churches? For years I have been following the Carlise Christian Fellowship by way of audio and streaming video. Again I have shaved my beard almost entirely and headed back for the last Apostolic Church we tried. Not sure the Pastor will be happy to see me again after our discussion over immortal soul a while back but I dont know what else to do.

I pray regularly for Apostolic Churches that I am aware of. That does not mean I cant pray for Charismatic/Pentecostal groups. I pray for them to come to what Apostolics have in baptism in Jesus name and Oneness.

Other than that the other groups may have more truth than Apostolics. I dont go just by Acts 2:38 when judging some group. Thats just the beginning as important as it is.

Last edited by Michael The Disciple; 06-20-2018 at 09:25 PM.
Old 06-20-2018, 09:14 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeBukaroo View Post
I am talking about Jesus Culture. I am talking about Hillsongs. I am talking Forerunner Ministries and the like-- the people who seek the Face of God, even though they do not share our truth.

I am not calling for compromise doctrine or lifestyle. In fact, I am encouraging the OPPOSITE!

Hopefully the former Apostolics will be included in this revival too-- but I think it will be more difficult for them than for the other groups. Still, more difficult does not mean impossible.

FOR THERE IS NOTHING IMPOSSIBLE WITH GOD!

We need to hold our personal holiness as sacred. I am thoroughly convinced that the Power we have access to in the Holy Spirit is tapped when we are living in His holiness.

As for their inability to see the truth that we see so clearly, I don't know what God will do. I have said it before and I believe this: If there is a way for these folks to be saved, our God will save them.

He saves who He will!

Notwithstanding, holiness. Seek it. Hold it. Don't let go of it!

There is nothing "magical" about holiness-- but the Power of God will be revealed in the lives of those who set themselves apart for His Glory!

PREDICTION: What you think is "holiness" is primarily extra biblical clothesline rules established by men and there will be no charismatic rush towards this extra biblical teaching.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 06-20-2018, 10:39 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeBukaroo View Post
IHOP is just one-- but they will be joined by a sea of Holy Ghost seekers and they will realize and embrace HOLINESS.

So convinced I am, I PROPHESY THIS IN JESUS NAME and if the Admin could change the title of my thread to "PROPHESY" I'd appreciate it.
This thread is priceless, I've been missing out. I just began at the beginning and have been laughing so hard! "So convinced I am", Bucky is that when you started speaking in your Yoda voice?

Check out my new Podcast, and YouTube Channel:
https://histruthismarchingon.blubrry.net
This is a One God, Holy Ghost Filled, Tongue Talkin', Jesus Name podcast where it's all in Him!
Apostolic Truth! His Truth Is Marching On!
SUBSCRIBE!
Old 06-20-2018, 10:40 PM
Isaiah 56:4-5

Let’s just all prophesy what we want.