Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Homestead > Chef's Corner
Facebook

Notices

Chef's Corner Every Cook's favorite place! Post your recipes, share your cooking tips and ideas, etc.

Old 11-05-2015, 01:49 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Re: Best way to smoke a roast?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
That can't be good, I unclog drains with that stuff and clean floors.

I don't think it is for human consumption.
White vinegar is actually good for your health. And it makes steaks and roasts taste wonderful, when combined with sunflower oil, pepper, salt, and lots of whatever your favorite seasonings may be.

BTW, adding some cumin instead will make a roast taste like venison. I don't know the whole 'fake venison' recipe, but one of my kids discovered it and I have tasted it: makes beef taste like either lamb or mild deer (gives it a mild game taste). Mmmmmmm.... Imagine some deer with some awesome seared fat like a good brisket or steak..... mmmmmmm...... I'm getting hungry already....

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 11-08-2015, 09:20 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
White vinegar is actually good for your health. And it makes steaks and roasts taste wonderful, when combined with sunflower oil, pepper, salt, and lots of whatever your favorite seasonings may be.

BTW, adding some cumin instead will make a roast taste like venison. I don't know the whole 'fake venison' recipe, but one of my kids discovered it and I have tasted it: makes beef taste like either lamb or mild deer (gives it a mild game taste). Mmmmmmm.... Imagine some deer with some awesome seared fat like a good brisket or steak..... mmmmmmm...... I'm getting hungry already....
I need to do some research on the white vinegar issue, but can you post the make roast taste like venison recipe?
Old 11-10-2015, 06:12 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
I need to do some research on the white vinegar issue, but can you post the make roast taste like venison recipe?
Found the use of White Vinegar.

But how about Balsamic Vinegar, I'm going to cook a roast soaked in Balsamic.

Meat tenderizer:
As a tenderizer for tough meat or game, make a marinade in the proportion of half a cup of your favorite vinegar to a cup of heated liquid, such as bouillon; or for steak, you may prefer to a mix of vinegar and oil, rubbed in well and allowed to stand for two hours.
Old 11-11-2015, 09:15 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
I'll bug my daughter, she came up with it. I tasted some roast meat cooked on a skillet with her recipe and it does have a venison/game taste. Some folks might not care for that but I love me some deer! Course, I also like roasted leg of lamb.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 11-12-2015, 10:27 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
I'll bug my daughter, she came up with it. I tasted some roast meat cooked on a skillet with her recipe and it does have a venison/game taste. Some folks might not care for that but I love me some deer! Course, I also like roasted leg of lamb.
Ask her I would like to know the recipe. Leg of lamb? How do you cook your leg of lamb? I don't like the way Greeks cook lamb, they feel the need to throw mint on it.
Old 11-12-2015, 11:36 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Ask her I would like to know the recipe. Leg of lamb? How do you cook your leg of lamb? I don't like the way Greeks cook lamb, they feel the need to throw mint on it.
I'll ask when I see her today.

I usually roast it in the oven with butter and salt, pepper, garlic. Maybe some oregano? Mint? Uh... not sure bout that one...

Old 11-12-2015, 09:20 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
I'll ask when I see her today.

I usually roast it in the oven with butter and salt, pepper, garlic. Maybe some oregano? Mint? Uh... not sure bout that one...
The Greeks use mint, I can't stand mint. My wife loves chocolate mint ice cream. I call it frozen toothpaste.