Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters > Branhamism
Facebook

Notices

Branhamism Discussion of distinctive doctrines of William M. Branham.

Old 05-25-2008, 02:38 PM
Registered Member

Re: New Branhamite Church

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
The pastor appears to be Indian or Pakastani or some such nationality. Most of the congregation appears to be white and black though.

I was wondering if maybe this church wasn't one of the area Branamhite churches just relocated to a new building.

Of course it could be a split. On their website they have photos from their building dedication Nov 07 that are interesting. Appear to show what I think are probably other Branhamite preachers.
The man doing the dedication Ed Byskal pastors a large work in Cloverdale a suburb of Vancouver, Canada.
The history says they moved from Georgia 98%of the congregation? I figure they are evanglizing Andrews church he is getting up in age. He ran around 200 folks? Then there was also a work in Woodbury, so throw out the net and the 'elect' will come.
Old 05-25-2008, 04:39 PM
I believe the Gospel of Jesus

Just abit of useless trivia about Branham. I've heard Keneth Hagin tell that he warned Branham of his impending death, but Branham refused to believe or take any action. Which as you may know, came to past just a Hagin said.

There's a sizable group of Branhamites in Shreveport, I believe their church is near Bro Jon Suber's church.
Old 05-25-2008, 04:51 PM
Incredible India

They have a really nice building with a pretty good sized congregation-amazing.
Old 05-25-2008, 05:16 PM
Strange in a Strange Land...

We have a Branham church close to ours in Mesa. It is called Mesa Church. THe women for the most part seem to look and act like ours. They will let you know that they are not part of us if you see one and ask if they are pentecostal. They are pretty nice otherwise. We have rented our church to them for some weddings. The one I attended it was a 16 year old girl marrying her 17 year old cousin, may have been second cousin. It was a weird feeling and almost scary thing to attend. Most of the people were nice and I had good conversation with one of the men who was an uncle to the girl. He gave me a sermon from Bro. Branham in written form. Not a bad serman I guess but it was really old and an out dated style. I am told that in their services they listen to Branham preach and they shout and go nuts over his sermons. Interesting though.
Old 05-25-2008, 06:09 PM
Matthew 7:6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanie View Post
They have a really nice building with a pretty good sized congregation-amazing.
Um...yeah.
So does the local catholic church near me.

I'm T France, and I approved this message.
Old 05-25-2008, 09:02 PM
Registered Member

Interesting to say the least.

The only group I ever ran into was in RC, SD. They had a small building and a small group. They definitely looked Pentecostal!

Common sense is genius dressed in working clothes.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Common sense and a sense of humor are the same thing, moving at different speeds. A sense of humor is just common sense, dancing.
William James
Old 05-25-2008, 09:43 PM
Resident PeaceMaker

There is divisions in Branhamite churches,they have a two soul and a seven thunder group but I can't explain all of that.
Old 05-25-2008, 09:57 PM
"One Mind...OneAccord"

Churches that follow Bro. Branham believe TRUTH comes only through THE prophet. If Bro. Branham didn't say it, they reject it.

Waiting for the Lord is easy... Waiting patiently? Not so much.
Old 05-25-2008, 10:04 PM
"One Mind...OneAccord"

I recieved their "Catch the Vision" newsletter this week. In it Joseph Branham ( son of William) says:

"I then began to get ready to come to work. I placed my MP3 player on my side to hear the prophet and the Message that I love so dear. While listening to that Voice and making my breakfast, my heart stirred within me as I heard the prophet speaking the Words of Life.

...I began to reflect on what an honor and privilege it was to start my day speaking to the Lord; hearing His prophet's voice and the Message that is perfecting and calling out a Bride..."

Waiting for the Lord is easy... Waiting patiently? Not so much.
Old 05-25-2008, 10:24 PM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneAccord View Post
I recieved their "Catch the Vision" newsletter this week. In it Joseph Branham ( son of William) says:

"I then began to get ready to come to work. I placed my MP3 player on my side to hear the prophet and the Message that I love so dear. While listening to that Voice and making my breakfast, my heart stirred within me as I heard the prophet speaking the Words of Life.

...I began to reflect on what an honor and privilege it was to start my day speaking to the Lord; hearing His prophet's voice and the Message that is perfecting and calling out a Bride..."
These guys sound like William Branham's recorded and written words are as important to them as the recorded and written words of the late Bishop S.C. Johnson are to his followers.

Apostolic in doctrine
Pentecostal in experience
Charismatic in practice
Non-denominational in affiliation
Inter-denominational in fellowship