Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 09-10-2009, 02:44 AM
Registered Member

Where do you go to church,If you dont pay tithes?

This is my situation. I used to be an tithe advocate and stopped. I am apostolic Acts 2:38 christian. We go to church when we can not every service cause of my work schedule. Anyway I feel that I have been rejected by our church. No phone calls anymore. No prayer at the alter and no invitations to church functions. The Pastor still says that we can still attend but that is it. Me and my wife feel all alone and no where to go. Like if we are out to be with the wolves. I am hurting that I feel that I have to pay tithes to be accepted of the pastors services. Would Jesus Do this??
Old 09-10-2009, 04:53 AM

Re: Where do you go to church,If you dont pay tith

Call folks from church.....invite folks from church over for dinner & games on the weekend....go to church functions....pray at the alter when ya feel led to do so, anyway.....love & pray for your pastor, anyway. Friendships are a must in the body, IMO. I dont think folks will "cut you off", if U show yourself friendly, and put forth good effort towards fellowshipping them. My 2 cents.

Last edited by shag; 09-10-2009 at 06:21 AM.
Old 09-10-2009, 05:04 AM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

yo corvet! Perhaps there are additional circumstances.

Has your commitment to the church changed as well?

While I would hate to think anyone is treated POORLY because of change in contribution, perhaps it could be a contributing factor.

When you say you stopped being a tithe advocate, did your giving to the church decrease or increase in dollar amount? Perhaps the church really needs your help and noone knows how to approach you...

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 09-10-2009, 05:27 AM
Registered Member

Well as I mentioned above, We do go when we can go to church. I work 12 hr days and it gets hard to go after work. Also I do give in the offering. I dont understand the question. I have been goin to this church for 6 yrs now??
Old 09-10-2009, 06:11 AM
Registered Member

This kind of reminds me of a store. Management and the other employees don't mind if you thumb through a few items and browse around, but if they know that you're not going to purchase anything they will ignore you when you ask for help, or rush you out of the store in order to tend to other "paying" customers.

This is not how a church should be ran.
Old 09-10-2009, 06:25 AM
Registered Member

I will be the first to humble myself. Maybe I am wrong in thinking this. Maybe I am percieving this wrong with this church, but I have done my research on the subject of tithing and this is where I am. I am hurting inside and am looking for friendship and someone to lead me spiritually without having to pay for it sort to say. What ever happen to "I will love you anyhow"? Isn't this what Jesus was saying?

Last edited by corvet786c; 09-10-2009 at 06:27 AM.
Old 09-10-2009, 03:23 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by corvet786c View Post
Well as I mentioned above, We do go when we can go to church. I work 12 hr days and it gets hard to go after work. Also I do give in the offering. I dont understand the question. I have been goin to this church for 6 yrs now??
Seriously, find another place to go or either talk to your pastor about how you are feeling. He might not understand how you are feeling.
Old 09-10-2009, 03:55 PM
Registered Member

Thanks....
Old 09-10-2009, 06:40 PM
Forever Loved Admin

I would advise you to talk to your pastor. He may be more understanding than you think.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 09-10-2009, 11:07 PM
Registered Member

A free-loader church.