Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > The Tab
Facebook

Notices

The Tab Cutting edge news of what is happening in Apostolic Oneness Pentecost today!

Old 12-21-2007, 10:34 AM
Administrator

Rico Can Never Attend Promiseland Church

This past Sunday I thought of Rico while I was visiting Promiseland Chuch in Austin, Texas.

The church was beautifully decorated for Christmas and I counted 15 Christmas trees on the platform and baptistry!!

Two thoughts crossed my mind upon seeing the trees. The first was how pretty they were and that my wife would have enjoyed them very much. Then secondly how aghast Rico would be. LOL!!!
Old 12-21-2007, 11:01 AM
Communion at AFF

OMGoodness

Old 12-21-2007, 11:30 AM
Saved & Shaved

Idolatry on the platform. Unbelievable.
Old 12-21-2007, 11:35 AM
Registered Member

We always had Christmas trees on our platform... we had like this flat area on both sides of our Choir loft... and they would sit about 8 on each side.. they were only about 6 ft trees and not real full.. more the skinnier ones.. and they were there for one reason... Years ago we had done 2 like it in the foyer. Bro Kershaw told stories of how somehow that reminded him of the times back in the old country... (not sure if it was just the shape of the trees or what? Considering they had snow on it... but he just adored them... unless its reminded him of his time in England??) soooo One of the ladies found 16 of them at walmart that year on clearance and she got them and came and sat them up the next year and he walked in and just cried...

He asked that they not be decorated as Christmas trees with the decorations etc. He just enjoyed looking at them with the snow on them and around them and thats how they have always been...
Old 12-21-2007, 11:39 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazingGrace View Post
We always had Christmas beer on our platform... we had like this flat area on both sides of our Choir loft... and they would sit about 8 beerson each side.. they were only about 6 ft and not real full.. more the skinnier ones.. and they were there for one reason... Years ago we had done 2 like it in the foyer. Bro Claus told stories of how somehow that reminded him of the beer back in the old country... (not sure if it was just the shape of the trees or what? Considering they had snow on it... but he just adored them... unless its reminded him of his beer in England??) soooo One of the ladies found 16 of them at walmart that year on clearance and she got them and came and sat them beers up the next year and he walked in and just cried...

He asked that they not be decorated as Christmas beer with the decorations etc. He just enjoyed looking at them with the snow on them and around them and thats how they have always been...
I thought this would be worth a few laughs.
I heard it said all things lead to beer
Old 12-21-2007, 11:41 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouvere View Post
I thought this would be worth a few laughs.
okkkkkkkkkk

Yea thrilled thrilled funny funny...
Old 12-21-2007, 11:45 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazingGrace View Post
okkkkkkkkkk

Yea thrilled thrilled funny funny...
ya have to admit it was good for at least a chuckle.
Old 12-21-2007, 11:46 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouvere View Post
ya have to admit it was good for at least a chuckle.
Umm, Ok if you say so.
Old 12-21-2007, 11:47 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
This past Sunday I thought of Rico while I was visiting Promiseland Chuch in Austin, Texas.

The church was beautifully decorated for Christmas and I counted 15 Christmas trees on the platform and baptistry!!

Two thoughts crossed my mind upon seeing the trees. The first was how pretty they were and that my wife would have enjoyed them very much. Then secondly how aghast Rico would be. LOL!!!

Despite How upset Rico would be, I was there year before last at Christmas time and yes it was indeed beautiful!!!!

I wouldnt mind their decorator coming and fixing up my Christmas stuff for me anyday LOL
Old 12-21-2007, 11:56 AM

Ok, now we have it.

Christmas Trees lead to beer.

(what does this have to do with Rico?- who we have not seen in a long time.)