Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 02-20-2020, 04:39 PM
Registered Member

Re: Should we teach others to rebel against standa

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometown guy View Post
The area that in our day and age the word of God from the sanctuary is delivered to the body of Christ. Just like we don’t sit and eat chicken in the sanctuary. We try to have respect for it.
So are the seats on the platform more revered than the other seats (pews)?

Are the seats on the platform more respected ? less respected? Or about the same?
Old 02-20-2020, 04:44 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tithesmeister View Post
So are the seats on the platform more revered than the other seats (pews)?

Are the seats on the platform more respected ? less respected? Or about the same?
Lol get over yourself.
Old 02-20-2020, 04:53 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Lol get over yourself.
Does that mean you don’t want to answer?

I tried to make it easy for you.

I’m trying to learn from you. You seem to think I have misinterpreted the second chapter of James. He seems to be saying that there are seats that are more “prestigious” than others. I’m trying to figure out if you think the seats on the platform are perhaps these more prestigious seats that James was referring to. It is my opinion that you believe that the platform seats are to be reserved for the more “distinguished” guests. You know, the kind that are dressed nicer. They may be wearing white shirts and suits, and perhaps their shoes match their belts.

So you seem to believe I am misinterpreting the passage. So please enlighten me.

What is James trying to say?
Old 02-20-2020, 04:59 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Give me your definition of doctrine. Please.
Bump for Nicodemus.

What is the meaning of doctrine?
Old 02-20-2020, 04:59 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Does that mean you don’t want to answer?

I tried to make it easy for you.

I’m trying to learn from you. You seem to think I have misinterpreted the second chapter of James. He seems to be saying that there are seats that are more “prestigious” than others. I’m trying to figure out if you think the seats on the platform are perhaps these more prestigious seats that James was referring to. It is my opinion that you believe that the platform seats are to be reserved for the more “distinguished” guests. You know, the kind that are dressed nicer. They may be wearing white shirts and suits, and perhaps their shoes match their belts.

So you seem to believe I am misinterpreting the passage. So please enlighten me.

What is James trying to say?
Your trying to paint me in a corner is what your doing. You know full well we were discussing platform/leadership roles not just anyone that walks through the back door and you know full well that if James was writing his epistle ( to church members ) today he was referring to guest walking in the back door.
Old 02-20-2020, 05:00 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Imagine if the church required SSNs from everyone.
Quote:
I’m a little slow help me understand your point.
Bump for Esaias
Old 02-20-2020, 05:07 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Your trying to paint me in a corner is what your doing. You know full well we were discussing platform/leadership roles not just anyone that walks through the back door and you know full well that if James was writing his epistle ( to church members ) today he was referring to guest walking in the back door.
Brother. Please take the passage and break it down for me. I think James was talking to the leadership. Otherwise, why would they be telling people where to sit.

You say I’ve got it wrong. Okay. SHOW me where I’m wrong. Because YOU are telling me that no way is a guest getting on the platform. It SEEMS that you are deciding where people sit, whether on the platform, or with the common people.

It sounds eerily similar to the situation James is talking about. Yet you say I’m wrong. Tell me EXACTLY what the RIGHT interpretation is.

Do you even know?
Old 02-20-2020, 05:17 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Brother. Please take the passage and break it down for me. I think James was talking to the leadership. Otherwise, why would they be telling people where to sit.

You say I’ve got it wrong. Okay. SHOW me where I’m wrong. Because YOU are telling me that no way is a guest getting on the platform. It SEEMS that you are deciding where people sit, whether on the platform, or with the common people.

It sounds eerily similar to the situation James is talking about. Yet you say I’m wrong. Tell me EXACTLY what the RIGHT interpretation is.

Do you even know?
Have you ever read of a sinner in the word of God preaching? Being in leadership? No you haven’t. Have you ever heard of a church allowing a rich looking sinner sit on the platform and not allowing a beggar looking sinner not sit on the platform? No you haven’t. If the president of you USA walked in our church we would honor him but he wound not sit on the platform. James was talking about 2 guest not church members or even leadership. You are so far in left field with trying to prove your point.
Old 02-20-2020, 05:28 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Have you ever read of a sinner in the word of God preaching? Being in leadership? No you haven’t. Have you ever heard of a church allowing a rich looking sinner sit on the platform and not allowing a beggar looking sinner not sit on the platform? No you haven’t. If the president of you USA walked in our church we would honor him but he wound not sit on the platform. James was talking about 2 guest not church members or even leadership. You are so far in left field with trying to prove your point.
I’m not in left field. You are in denial. You have a “platform dress code ”. That is what James was talking about.

What if someone cannot afford your dress code?

It may be worth noting that the whole platform doctrine is not found in the Bible. So of course it is hard to find scripture for. It is a way to elevate the leadership.

As to eating chicken in the sanctuary. Have you considered that the early church met in their houses? And they broke bread?

So disrespectful.

But I’m the one in left field.
Old 02-20-2020, 05:30 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
We aren’t talking about preaching. Nice try though. We are talking about sitting. Remember?