Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 02-12-2019, 11:07 AM
Registered Member

The Errors in Jehova False Witnesses

Someone save me a little time re-researching, and lay down what they erroneously believe, which is in direct contradiction with the Bible.

Last edited by JamesGlen; 02-12-2019 at 11:42 AM.
Old 02-12-2019, 01:11 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Re: The Errors in Jehova False Witnesses

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesGlen View Post
Someone save me a little time re-researching, and lay down what they erroneously believe, which is in direct contradiction with the Bible.
First and most important, one must keep in mind JWs are almost NEVER argued out of their religion by "exposing doctrinal error". They aren't JWs because they believe certain things about or from the Bible. Rather, they are JWs because they believe the Watchtower Society is God's anointed and chosen Servant, and their salvation depends on their faithful obedience to the Watchtower, which is Divinely Guided to INTERPRET AND EXPLAIN ALL DOCTRINE.

So arguing "But the Bible says...." is literally an exercise in futility. They don't care what you think the Bible says. They already believe you are led by Satan and deluded, from the get go. The only way to reach them is to show them the watchtower is NOT God's Organization, and that there is a Better Way (the Bible Way). They will never admit any doubts to you until they can get away from other JWs and are ready to break with the org. Which is very difficult because they will literally lose almost everything, friends, family, etc. You have to be REEEEEEAAAAAALLLLLY patient.

Doctrinally, they believe whatever the latest editions of their newsletters and books tell them. Their doctrine changes often.

Some core ideas they've kept:

Jesus came back invisibly in 1914, beginning the time of Tribulation.

Jesus will at some point soon burn the world up with fire, EVERYONE dies horribly except the JWs, then the Millennium begins.

All dead people will resurrect during the Millennium - not all at once, but throughout the 1000 years. They will be taught by the JWs. At the end, is the Judgment. Those who reject JW teaching are destroyed, the rest continue on, living in a Paradise On Earth. During the Millennium, JWs will be rebuilding the shattered earth along Garden of Eden lines.

A few will never be resurrected because they were so bad.

The Archangel Michael was the first being created by God. Michael then created everything else in the universe. Michael incarnated and was born as s human, named Jesus. Jesus was nailed to an upright stake (not s cross) and died. Michael was recreated as a spirit being like he was before, went around as the "resurrected Jesus", then ascended to heaven. Thus, Jesus, the actual human, not only stayed dead but will never resurrect. Michael uses the name Jesus now, having assumed his "resurrected identity".

All governments, and all non JWs, are under demonic control led by Satan.

Only 144,000 throughout all time will resurrect with spirit bodies and go to heaven. The rest will resurrect with physical bodies and remain on earth. The 144,000 resurrect immediately at death. They alone are "born again" and they alone have "the holy spirit in them", they alone are redeemed by the blood of Jesus in the direct personal sense, they alone take Communion. So, every Sunday at Kingdom Halls JWs offer communion and then refuse to take it as part of their ritual.

The Watchtower Society HQ Governing Board of Directors is the "Faithful and Discreet Slave/Servant" spoken of in Matthew 24:45 and is in charge of all God's household (church, organization, truth, etc etc). Obedience to the Society is a requirement of salvation. The Society gets "new light" on doctrine and changes accordingly. All other denominations are stuck in man made and satanic traditions and errors.

Charles Taze Russel was the prophesied Messenger of Malachi 3:1, although I think they may have changed it to the Watchtower Society itself.

Speaking in tongues is actually cursing and blaspheming by demon possession.

Jehovah is God's Name you MUST use as often as possible, or your prayers won't be heard and you won't be saved. Yahweh is considered more accurate, but Jehovah is universally used instead anyway.

Baptism requires a confession of faith in Jesus as well as the Society, last I heard.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 02-12-2019, 03:57 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

For a long time, they have maintained that the generation that saw when Jesus returned in 1914 would not pass until the Millennium began. It has been about 104.2 years since the start of the Parousia (when WW1 began). This created a crisis several years ago in the Watchtower Society, because pretty much everyone old enough to remember that year was dead. So I believe they altered it to "everyone alive" in 1914. Time's a-ticking, and another crisis is looming.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 02-13-2019, 06:34 AM
Registered Member

Thank u Esaias. I will catch up reading through this, this week. Work is keeping me busy.

Last edited by JamesGlen; 02-13-2019 at 06:49 AM.
Old 02-14-2019, 05:08 AM
Registered Member

Holysmokes, that’s quite a mess. I’ll copy that and save it. Have u ever known anyone to leave JW religion and convert to Christianity?

I brought it up because I recently had a lady drop by my house that was a JW. She was pretty, very likeable and mannerly, smiling all the time, had her probly 4 year old daughter w her. We talked for probly 10-12 mins, and she left. Didn’t get into discussing the name of God or the number of saved, however she did bring it up....I used to work w her dad around 20 years ago. Great guy too, JW then too. Probably couldn’t reach her in a million, that’s genuinely sad to me, people so sincere but lost as can be. She had said she lost her mom last year, and her dad moved out of state....any way, sure wish I could switch the tracks over that her train is headed down...next to impossible though I guess.
Old 02-14-2019, 05:08 AM
Registered Member

Holysmokes, that’s quite a mess. I’ll copy that and save it. Have u ever personally known anyone to leave JW religion and convert to Christianity?

I brought it up because I recently had a lady drop by my house that was a JW. She was pretty, very likeable and mannerly, smiling all the time, had her probly 4 year old daughter w her. We talked for probly 10-12 mins, and she left. Didn’t get into discussing the name of God or the number of saved, however she did bring it up....I used to work w her dad around 20 years ago. Great guy too, JW then too. Probably couldn’t reach her in a million, that’s genuinely sad to me, people so sincere but lost as can be. She had said she lost her mom last year, and her dad moved out of state....any way, sure wish I could switch the tracks over that her train is headed down...next to impossible though I guess.
Old 02-14-2019, 06:30 AM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Curry Blake tells a story where he stops at a wreck of a JW and prays for them only to have them come back to life in front of other JW's after being prayed for in the name of Jesus.

They *the watchtower* also hushed it up and wouldnt let the passenger speak about what happened under the pain of excommunication.

Apparently they got a lil jumpy seeing a miracle they claim doesnt happen anymore.
Old 02-14-2019, 07:22 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesGlen View Post
I’ll copy that and save it. Have u ever known anyone to leave JW religion and convert to Christianity?
I know three personally who did so. I was pretty heavily involved with one of the three.

A key way to help convert a JW is to go to Acts 9:5 and show them Paul calling Jesus "Lord". Paul had no prior reason to call Jesus that, and would not have called just anyone "lord" but God Himself. See their translation:

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/b...s/9/#v44009005

This is what convinced the person I was ministering to, to convert to Apostolic Christianity.

http://votivesoul.wordpress.com/
Old 02-14-2019, 07:58 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by votivesoul View Post
I know three personally who did so. I was pretty heavily involved with one of the three.

A key way to help convert a JW is to go to Acts 9:5 and show them Paul calling Jesus "Lord". Paul had no prior reason to call Jesus that, and would not have called just anyone "lord" but God Himself. See their translation:

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/b...s/9/#v44009005

This is what convinced the person I was ministering to, to convert to Apostolic Christianity.
That's great!

I have found there are three types of JWs: the newbies, who can be reasoned with from the Scriptures; the disgruntled, who have already lost a lot if not all of their faith in the Watchtower organization; and the dedicated, who believe the Watchtower is God's organization and therefore any discrepancies they find between the Bible and the Org they chalk up to satan trying to lead them away from God.

Old 02-14-2019, 08:07 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
That's great!

I have found there are three types of JWs: the newbies, who can be reasoned with from the Scriptures; the disgruntled, who have already lost a lot if not all of their faith in the Watchtower organization; and the dedicated, who believe the Watchtower is God's organization and therefore any discrepancies they find between the Bible and the Org they chalk up to satan trying to lead them away from God.
I think a large part of the success is when a person is already not a Trinitarian. That completely disarms them since they believe they have the upper hand in the Godhead debate with other believers.

http://votivesoul.wordpress.com/