Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > The Tab
Facebook

Notices

The Tab Cutting edge news of what is happening in Apostolic Oneness Pentecost today!

Old 12-19-2007, 05:09 PM
Registered Member

*BREAKING*Tulsa gathering beginning to unravel!

**It appears that the plot beginning to thicken!**
In the last few days,several members have shared important insight about the new fellowship allegedly charging that it is being built on lies,bribs and coverups.
Is their plan starting to backfire and unravel?Are these charges beginning to emerge to the point that many potential attendees are backing out?

A reliable source also revealed to me that one prominant pastor out west who was planning on attending the meeting was very upset after discovering his name was on the general council.This pastor never agreed nor committed to being on this council.He called one of the leaders and let it be known that he was backing out altogether.
There are a number of reports of preachers who are starting to backout of this gathering and are upset that their names were put on committees and even positions without their consent.

Here is a post by Pastor G that caught my attention:

Originally Posted by Pastor G

As I said before, which you seem to have ignored, i suppose because it didn't stir things up enough for you... Wayne McClain told me to my face last week that he was only going to Tulsa, "cause it doesn't hurt to hear what they say." When LB called him, he told him he wasn't interested.. As I said before, I don't see eye with Bro. McClain on to many issues, however he is an extreme gentleman and most certainly a man of his word..

I also know that HQ has been in contact with some of these men on the list and they have mentioned that they have been courted, but weren't going anywhere... Some on there aren't even going to Tulsa... Those told some at HQ that this was a list of hopefuls at best...

They are throwing that out there so that all of the ones they are trying to get to come will see that they are not alone... However, I believe it will backfire... Some that were really considering getting in on the ground floor of this new thing now see that everything seems to have been already set in place... It was billed as a formation conference to a lot of folks and now to them, it appears that the formaton has already taken place and they will have no say... That has ticked several off since the list was made available...

Any thoughts?
Old 12-19-2007, 05:23 PM
Registered Member

A fellow Pastor friend of mine told me that they are already trying to do damage control.That list they put up on their website has caused a fury.

Chris Craft is another one who never gave his consent for his name to used on their committee.He is upset because he made it clear that he was NOT joining.
Old 12-19-2007, 05:32 PM
Da Brat

Its coming apart at the the seams because of the deceit. Because the ultra cons want to keep things old school.
Old 12-19-2007, 05:46 PM
Invisible Thad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Kid View Post
Its coming apart at the the seams because of the deceit. Because the ultra cons want to keep things old school.
Keep things Old school? what's that got to do with anything?
what exactly are you getting at ?
Old 12-19-2007, 06:03 PM
Da Brat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad View Post
Keep things Old school? what's that got to do with anything?
what exactly are you getting at ?
I understand that these men have strong convictions.But also they are very afraid of change and also they are afraid if they let this one standard slide the rest will follow. What I meant by the old school statement Thad is a lot of the these utla cons want to keep it old style pentecost.
Old 12-19-2007, 06:12 PM
Invisible Thad

Quote:
I understand that these men have strong convictions.But also they are very afraid of change and also they are afraid if they let this one standard slide the rest will follow. What I meant by the old school statement Thad is a lot of the these utla cons want to keep it old style pentecost.

Old style pentecost? when i think of OTP, i think of singing old songs out of hymanl, brush harbor style services, and of course, old fashioned attire.

and don't some some of them believe in technology?(not TV of course)but other forms of it
Old 12-19-2007, 09:10 PM
Communion at AFF

Quote:
This post is extreeeeeemely insightful. Man, gathered a unique point of view from this post. What would we do without our lurkers and newbies spouting these sage words of wisdom?

As was stated before, how is this Tulsa meeting coming apart at the seams? It has been stated that this is an introductory meeting. It is on fragile egg shells as it is as most of the men prospecting that they will visit the meeting have made it clear that they will not be part of a protest movement.

There has to be SOME structure, what's wrong with setting a foundation of men for this org to be built upon? For the sake of gossip and the opportunity to attack a group of preachers, this fledgling fellowship sure has brought out a lot of uninformed ignorant people spouting their babblings...er...views
Old 12-19-2007, 09:15 PM
My Family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
This post is extreeeeeemely insightful. Man, gathered a unique point of view from this post. What would we do without our lurkers and newbies spouting these sage words of wisdom?

As was stated before, how is this Tulsa meeting coming apart at the seams? It has been stated that this is an introductory meeting. It is on fragile egg shells as it is as most of the men prospecting that they will visit the meeting have made it clear that they will not be part of a protest movement.

There has to be SOME structure, what's wrong with setting a foundation of men for this org to be built upon? For the sake of gossip and the opportunity to attack a group of preachers, this fledgling fellowship sure has brought out a lot of uninformed ignorant people spouting their babblings...er...views
You have read a few other posts I hope saying that there are names on the list of men that haven't committed to being a part of Tulsa, right?
Old 12-19-2007, 09:18 PM
Communion at AFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgcraig View Post
You have read a few other posts I hope saying that there are names on the list of men that haven't committed to being a part of Tulsa, right?
Of course. One name was added within the last 24hrs. who personally told me he had been asked and was not added until then. So, who's to say who has been asked and who has not been asked?
Old 12-19-2007, 09:19 PM
Step By Step - Day By Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post

Some have been predicting this kind of separation for a number of years now.

However, I believe that whatever happens and whatever develops will not have the strength of the original merger and what developed from that; namely, the UPCI.

It will be interesting to see what happens. What is built on the Rock will stand. What is built on 'sand' will be less than secure or stable for sure.

There are divine moves of God that fit into His overall will and purpose. I totally and fully believe in the sovereignty of God. Nothing happens except by and according to His design and plan that was set in motion before time began.

So it could be that this new Tulsa thing could be part of God's plan to achieve some end or purpose that you and I aren't fully aware of at this point. OR ... it might could be the will and plan of a group of men motivated by less than pure motive and unction of the Holy Ghost.

(surname courtesy of Jim Yohe)