Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 08-28-2013, 05:59 PM
Saved by Grace

MegaFest 2013

I can't for the life of me understand why Oprah Winfrey would be invited to speak at a "Christian" conference. What does a promoted of New Age spirituality who denies that salvation is exclusively through Jesus Christ have to offer the church?

I suppose that would depend of what definition we are using by the church, it is obvious by the lineup that this is pseudo-Christianity at its finest. The whole event is put on by TD Jakes, and in addition to featuring Oprah Winfrey and her new age anti-Christian "Life class", other speakers include Creflo Dollar and Joel Osteen.

I sickened. I'm disgusted. I'm offended. This garbage isn't Christian nor Christianity. This is the church worshipping celebrities and men who are supposed to preach the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ, CHRIST AND HIM CRUCIFIED, who have bowed the knee to Oprah and are just like her. Both Jakes and Osteen have become close in recent years, and both have been on Oprah's "Life class" show. Which I confess I haven't seen Jakes episode, but what I have seen are parts of Joel's along with other "spiritual leaders" and it is outright satanic deception.

Do we really have no discernment? Are there NO prophets amongst us?

"The only man who has the right to say he is justified by grace alone is the man who has left all to follow Christ." ~Dietrich Bonheoffer, The Cost of Discipleship

"Preachers who should be fishing for men are now too often fishing for compliments from men." ~Leonard Ravenhill
Old 08-28-2013, 06:20 PM
Registered Member

Re: MegaFest 2013

I've come to expect as much from Jakes. His Megafest is more about making Megamoney than it is about the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Old 08-28-2013, 06:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Badejo View Post
I can't for the life of me understand why Oprah Winfrey would be invited to speak at a "Christian" conference. What does a promoted of New Age spirituality who denies that salvation is exclusively through Jesus Christ have to offer the church?

I suppose that would depend of what definition we are using by the church, it is obvious by the lineup that this is pseudo-Christianity at its finest. The whole event is put on by TD Jakes, and in addition to featuring Oprah Winfrey and her new age anti-Christian "Life class", other speakers include Creflo Dollar and Joel Osteen.

I sickened. I'm disgusted. I'm offended. This garbage isn't Christian nor Christianity. This is the church worshipping celebrities and men who are supposed to preach the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ, CHRIST AND HIM CRUCIFIED, who have bowed the knee to Oprah and are just like her. Both Jakes and Osteen have become close in recent years, and both have been on Oprah's "Life class" show. Which I confess I haven't seen Jakes episode, but what I have seen are parts of Joel's along with other "spiritual leaders" and it is outright satanic deception.

Do we really have no discernment? Are there NO prophets amongst us?
I'm surprised that Jakes included Oprah as a speaker. I can understand Dollar and Osteen, at least they're promoters of Jesus Christ as Lord and savior. Oprah on the other hand doesn't proclaim Him as such, I don't think.

Until God raises someone who has signs and wonders following their ministry, the message of Jesus Christ will not be very effective I'm afraid. Until then, it's just another philosophy competing with the various new age and anti-christian philosophies.
Old 08-28-2013, 07:20 PM
Registered Member

This "Christian" conference being discusses sounds an awful lot like nothing more then the type of place someone goes to when they want to feel like a "winner". . . .

. . . . . before waking up on a park bench in Vegas after having sold all your hair to a wig shop.
Old 08-28-2013, 07:24 PM
Registered Member

Love that commercial Randy too funny
Old 08-28-2013, 11:17 PM
Saved by Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWayne View Post
This "Christian" conference being discusses sounds an awful lot like nothing more then the type of place someone goes to when they want to feel like a "winner". . . .

. . . . . before waking up on a park bench in Vegas after having sold all your hair to a wig shop.
Choose your words carefully Randy, if you speak out against it you'll be accused of being sour and having a bad spirit. Just go with the flow man. Don't rock the boat.

"The only man who has the right to say he is justified by grace alone is the man who has left all to follow Christ." ~Dietrich Bonheoffer, The Cost of Discipleship

"Preachers who should be fishing for men are now too often fishing for compliments from men." ~Leonard Ravenhill
Old 08-28-2013, 11:18 PM
Saved by Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
I've come to expect as much from Jakes. His Megafest is more about making Megamoney than it is about the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Its not about money. Tickets only range from $63 to $253 per person.

I guess it is a little ironic that the event is being held in the Dallas Mavs arena, and it costs more to go to a church conference than a Mavs game, but hey, What Would Jesus Do, right?

Last edited by Jason B; 08-28-2013 at 11:21 PM.
Old 08-28-2013, 11:24 PM
Saved by Grace

I saw a YouTube video slamming Steve Furtick for his ignite conference, which was only $700 per person (non refundable for any reason). But it was only $500per person if you registered early. So by comparison I guess $250 isn't that bad. I guess they say its all relative.

Old 08-28-2013, 11:29 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Badejo View Post
I saw a YouTube video slamming Steve Furtick for his ignite conference, which was only $700 per person (non refundable for any reason). But it was only $500per person if you registered early. So by comparison I guess $250 isn't that bad. I guess they say its all relative.
Man, $700. . . . I could buy a nice Glock 26 WITH a (nice) holster and a few hundred rounds of ammo for that price.
Old 08-28-2013, 11:35 PM
Saved by Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWayne View Post

Man, $700. . . . I could buy a nice Glock 26 WITH a (nice) holster and a few hundred rounds of ammo for that price.
Or get a "Word from God"*

*no refunds if you discern the word did not actually come from God.