Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 04-15-2010, 05:31 AM
Registered Member

I'm Confused Help Me?

What is truth? Example "not all that say LORD LORD will enter into the kingdom of God but he hath done the will of my father in heaven?" I heard that this is refering to apostolics us. This scares me. How do we know that we are in his will. I mean I think I am in his will. I am blessed and the Lord has taken care of me? Who then can be truely saved?

What about the church? what is the church a building or us our hearts together in him? Why has the church fallen away from the original roots of the apostles. They didn't have a building per se did they? Why are there so many religions what about there soul. Is everyone goin to hell besides us. There is so many what if's What about a person on there death bed who went to church all there life?

I am not trying to discord anyone or any organization just have legitimate questions? Thank You

Last edited by corvet786c; 04-15-2010 at 05:34 AM.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:09 AM
Registered Member

Re: I'm Confused Help Me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by corvet786c View Post
What is truth? Example "not all that say LORD LORD will enter into the kingdom of God but he hath done the will of my father in heaven?" I heard that this is refering to apostolics us. This scares me. How do we know that we are in his will. I mean I think I am in his will. I am blessed and the Lord has taken care of me? Who then can be truely saved?
We have to be praying the things Jesus told us to pray. Forgiveness for ourselves, and us forgiving others, and prayer that God not allow us to depart from the narrow way and enter temptation of the broad way. Pray to discern the evil fruit of the knowledge of good and evil from the true fruit of life. In short, be sincere, repent of all that you know is wrong and sinful, and pray God always keep you on the strait and narrow. Pray God correct you when you need correction.

Sincerely pray these things everyday, and TRUST GOD TO DO what you prayed for.

Don't sweat it like you are.

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 04-15-2010, 09:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by corvet786c View Post
Christ’s point goes beyond our lines of institutional religion. It’s not about this verse (mentioned in your quote) referring to Apostolics, Trinitarians, or any other “group”. Christ’s warning is to individuals. All of us are on a journey, including Apostolics. While I believe that Apostolics hold doctrines closest to what the Apostles believed and taught, I don’t believe that the Apostolic movement is without error. Any Christian needs to reflect on what Jesus said. Here’s the text, let’s take a closer look…
Matthew 7:21-23
{7:21} Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall
enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will
of my Father which is in heaven. {7:22} Many will say to
me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy
name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy
name done many wonderful works? {7:23} And then will I
profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye
that work iniquity.
Notice that these individuals professed religious devotion. They said, “Lord, Lord!” Notice also that they prophesied (spoke on behalf of God) in Christ’s name. They cast out devils in Christ’s name. In fact they had done MANY wonderful works in Christ’s name. You might see immediately that these are “performance driven”. These individuals think that they will be saved by what they do for God. But Jesus says, “I never knew you.” While they were truly “religious” and “active in church” so to speak, these never had an actual RELATIONSHIP with Jesus. These individuals, due to lack of relationship, most likely had stellar performance at church. But they truly never felt Christ’s grace. Depending on their own righteousness, their sins find them out, for Jesus says, “Depart from me, ye that work iniquity.” When we are in relationship with Jesus, his blood covers our sin. But when we depend on our own righteousness… we are fallen from grace. Like the Pharisees, these were whitened sepulchers that were full of dead men’s bones.

Any man with a personal relationship with Jesus will be saved (regardless of denomination). Any man who believes that Jesus is God can have this saving relationship (even if they don’t truly understand how Jesus is God). Yes, a person must be baptized (washed). But their salvation isn’t dependent upon what a cleric speaks over them. Their salvation is dependent upon rather they are crying out to the name of Jesus in their own heart. Yes, a person must receive the baptism of the Holy Ghost, but many have received this baptism and just don’t know what it is. While they cry and weep in worship, and the unintelligible cry of the soul is in their chests, they just don’t “speak it out” as we do, allowing tongues to manifest. Tongues are a manifestation of the Holy Ghost Baptism. We call it “evidence”. While evidence proves something has taken place… something can take place internally but there be no outward evidence.

A good example would be the Ethiopian Eunuch. Philip had just finished preaching the Gospel in Samaria. There, all who received his words were joyful, but they didn’t have the Holy Ghost. So Jerusalem sent Peter and John down to pray for the city. So we see that people don’t get the Holy Ghost under Philip’s ministry. Next we see Philip joining the chariot of the Ethiopian Eunuch. After the Eunuch receives the Gospel he is water baptized by Philip in the Negev. Then the Spirit catches Philip away. Please notice, as in Samaria, tongues are not mentioned as having happened here. It would appear that for whatever reasons, Philip’s converts typically didn’t receive the Holy Ghost immediately.

Quote:
What about the church? what is the church a building or us our hearts together in him?
We are the church. Buildings are just buildings. What matters is our relationship with Jesus and our relationship one toward another.

Quote:
Why has the church fallen away from the original roots of the apostles.
My opinion is that it’s a natural result of time. Man will always seek to build and improve on something… even sacred things like the church. And so what starts as a powerful move of the Spirit slowly becomes an “institutionalized system”. The more institutionalized the system is… the more likely it isn’t in line with the Apostles.

Quote:
They didn't have a building per se did they?
You’re right. Early Christians met primarily in homes and in smaller groups. A family like intimacy abounded. Christianity grew cold and religious with the introduction of buildings, property, money, and power.

Quote:
Why are there so many religions what about there soul.
After the flood there was only Noah and his family. Their decedents settled in the Valley of Shinar and proceeded to build the Tower of Babel. God confounded their language there and from that moment many began to spread out and settle with people of like language in distant lands. There, they fell victim to traditionalization, addition to religion, and even demonism. These are the roots of other religions.

Quote:
Is everyone goin to hell besides us.
It depends on how you define “us”. If “us” means the Apostolic movement or the United Pentecostal Church International the answer is “NO!” If you mean the “body of Christ” when you say “us”, then the answer is “YES”. Only the “body of Christ” will be saved. The “body of Christ” is composed of true believers scattered throughout Christendom.

Quote:
There is so many what if's What about a person on there death bed who went to church all there life?
Going to church has nothing to do with salvation or one’s relationship with Jesus. In fact, today institutional church is the greatest hindrance and the greatest liability to the Kingdom of God. Everywhere you go you’ll see people who were abused and mistreated by the “institutional church”. All it takes to have “church” (Christian fellowship) is two or more believers meeting to edify one another spiritually. They can meet in a house, a church building, a café, you name it. Some of the greatest Christians I’ve ever known didn’t attend church. And that’s why they were great… they walked with Christ alone. Oh, they fellowshipped other believers, occasionally went to a traditional “church”, and even had elders in the faith that they turned to for spiritual counsel. But they weren’t church “members”. They often walked in the realm of the prophetic. Don’t get caught up in the idea that going to church is somehow salvific. Because “church” is where two or more are gathered in Christ’s name. You can “have church” on your front porch with a Bible and iced tea with a dear Christian friend and you’ve had church in a manner closer to what the Apostles experienced.

Quote:
I am not trying to discord anyone or any organization just have legitimate questions? Thank You
God bless you. Great questions!
Old 04-15-2010, 10:11 AM
Accepts all friends requests

Mike's right about not "sweating" this. When we arise to a new life in Jesus Christ it's just that - a new life. I pray that your life is long and rewarding. That is not intended to be a curse! But some folks almost act like it is.

Walk the path that the Lord has you on. You will certainly find that there are times when you need to alter course a bit. This doesn't mean that you are "lost" - it just means that you are alive. Celebrate that.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:12 AM
Registered Member

Welcome to the Church come in and get saved......I am tring to think of someone in the bible that got saved in the church......no one is popping out at me at this time...I mean we had people saved outside, in there homes....etc,etc,etc....
Old 04-15-2010, 10:16 AM
Registered Member

Thanks Guys for your responses and they are helping me. I dont know what is wrong with me. I used to be more solid with my foundation, but ever since the internet and these sites(forums) I held to my church convictions. Ever since the tithing issue its like alot of other issues arise and I have questions now. I dont know if this is wrong or right. I still believe acts 2:38 and living right, but it just the church thing. Just pray Jesus gives me strength and to be pleasing in his site. Thats all I want is to be real and true with him. I hope you guys understand what I am goin thru. Thank You
Old 04-15-2010, 10:18 AM
Registered Member

See thats why they preach against the internet so you will not learn right from wrong...lol
Old 04-15-2010, 10:20 AM
Registered Member

All you have to do is to go into a church service and see if what the are doing lines up with what the bible states....
Old 04-15-2010, 10:26 AM
Registered Member

When they are up there "praying someone through" go to your bible and try to find out where that is at.....
Old 04-15-2010, 10:33 AM
Banned

70% or more of what we do in Church (including Apostolics) isn't found in the Bible.