Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Search For Similiar Threads Using Key Words & Phrases
children, education, kids, parents, school

Old 10-01-2018, 06:47 AM
Banned

Re: Public school and the Christian parent

I've come to believe that home schooling is the best way to go. A Christian school comes in second. A private or charter school comes in third. And lastly, a public school.

I believe that sending your children to the public school system presents very real challenges. But these are not challenges that cannot be overcome. If your children are intelligent, born again, and have proper godly role models at home, that's well over half the battle. But if they are stupid, blind followers, unspiritual, and prone to rebellion, they're toast (but such kids are typically going to be what they are in any setting). As I said, the public school system will present challenges. Sometimes, these can be converted into advantageous situations. These challenges can be responded to in a Christian manner, helping to prepare your child for the real world, if approached correctly. Most kids who are home schooled, or attend Christian school, don't really have their faith seriously tested. I've seen many of them graduate and get washed out into the world almost over night. So, there is no formula that promises that your kids will remain faithful to the Lord.

It's largely based on... you. Their parent. Their role model. Do they know that you are a godly, loving, compassionate, praying, spiritual, mother or father? Do you exemplify a spiritual loyalty to God and His ways? Is the faith of your home a sincere faith of loving devotion? Or, are you angry, bitter, critical, judgmental, uncompassionate, hard, and legalistic? Remember, as they grow they will form their own relationship with Jesus. However, until that takes form, you are the only representation of Jesus that they have. Seek to live as a branch of the true vine, a living extension of Jesus. Build in your children a loving trust that reflects your loving trust and devotion towards Jesus.

And while challenges in the public school system do indeed exist. By no means will someone lose their soul for sending their child to public schools. And attending a public school doesn't mean your child will be certainly lost either.
Old 10-01-2018, 06:51 AM
Registered Member

A - agree with the above post.
Not everyone can teach their children.
And I have seen home-schooled children that still cannot read, even in 7th or 8th grade.
However, it again goes back to the parents.
Old 10-01-2018, 07:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Perhaps your wife's employment for 26 years in public education has biased your opinion.
Because I agreed with your thesis; but disagreed with your conclusion, I was being considerate. Like most ministers; who deem their voice as Bodhi, only total submission and compliance to your views are acceptable. My wife's witness of serving and loving these children is far superior to your criticisms on the ineptness of public schools. I wanted to avoid the obvious flaw of your scriptural conclusion because of the truths in your premise. But dismissing others as biased ergo disqualifying their views is pretentious.

Proverbs 16:18 (KJV) Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.

Since you have done so a great job with all the negatives of public school; which most all of us here have agreed, let's look at the positives of Christian children going to public schools. If you train your children to love people and value souls they will let their witness shine forth before their peers. How many souls have been won by Apostolic children reaching for the lost in public schools? Your focus is on the negative influences in public schools pose on Christian Children. Are you saying that wickedness of the world is greater than the anointing in Christian children's lives? If all Apostolics removed their children from schools would there be any hope for the children of the Lost? Was it not the Pharisees who criticized our Lord ministering to the poor.

Matthew 9:11(KJV) And when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto his disciples, Why eateth your Master with publicans and sinners?

Our whole country is a construct of the Oligarchs manipulating its citizens into a hive mindset. Trying to control every facet of our lives with their lustful needs of power and wealth. We have been conditioned by schools, media, workplace and even churches. Churches today follow a business model that incorporates 501c3 tax advantages within that model. That is part of the beast system, so are those pastors and saints going to hell? I had someone tell me that they did not go to church because of the hypocrites. I asked them if they went grocery shopping, to the bank, to school or on vacations and they acknowledge they did. I asked why would they since there are hypocrites in grocery stores, banks, schools and everywhere you vacation. There are saints and sinners everywhere from the church to the community. But we cannot lose site that we are called to seek and to save the lost.

Luke 5:32 (KJV) I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Lastly, we choose to be fearless or failures. It easy to be a holy man on top of a mountain out of the reach of the world. But how are you going to impact the world if you do not face corruptness head on? Ministries prepare the children of God to go out into the world with the whole armor of God to fight the good fight. Parents should live that example in front of their children to prepare them for the battles they will face. You can shield your children all their lives; but sooner or later, they must step on the battle field.

Ephesians 6:11(KJV) Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

Selah
Old 10-01-2018, 08:07 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalledOut238 View Post
Because I agreed with your thesis; but disagreed with your conclusion, I was being considerate. Like most ministers; who deem their voice as Bodhi, only total submission and compliance to your views are acceptable.
You did not agree with my thesis. The thesis is that parents who provide a non-Christian education are in danger of losing their souls. The fact you cannot determine what the thesis actually is proves your opinions of what I wrote are inconsequential.

Furthermore, your attempt to slander me informs me that you are not capable of rational discussion. So, I will limit my interactions with you from now on. Have a nice day.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 10-01-2018, 08:13 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwill83 View Post
Gonna catch flak but thats not gonna keep me from speaking.
All the examples you cited are completely out of context. Getting "burnt out" on hearing warnings against things that threaten the soul because you're just tired of hearing about what threatens the soul is a sure sign you're ready to join the local United Methodist church.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 10-01-2018, 08:22 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

I notice that all the objectors have one thing in common: they re-phrase the issue into the red herring of comparing the academic and social skills obtained via either public school or homeschooling. But, that is not at all the issue.

The issue is the Bible commands Christian parents secure a Christian education for their children. It has nothing whatsoever to do with whether or not Johnny is equipped to become a NASA hoaxineer, er, engineer, nor does it have anything to do with whether Susie will be equipped to properly handle a frat house party.

The issue was, is, and always will be, whether Johnny and Susie's parents give them a CHRISTIAN, or a non Christian (or secular) education.

The Bible commands Christian parents to make sure their children are given a CHRISTIAN, BIBLICAL education. A secular, non Christian education is forbidden. Whether it's homeschooling, private tutoring, private school, or even a govt school, if the curriculum and environment and controlling philosophy isn't Christian, then it is forbidden to Christian parents as an option.

Old 10-01-2018, 08:31 PM
Isaiah 56:4-5

I'm with you on this. It is a sin to send your children to the state school.
Glad to not have kids.
Old 10-01-2018, 09:29 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
I notice that all the objectors have one thing in common: they re-phrase the issue into the red herring of comparing the academic and social skills obtained via either public school or homeschooling. But, that is not at all the issue.

The issue is the Bible commands Christian parents secure a Christian education for their children. It has nothing whatsoever to do with whether or not Johnny is equipped to become a NASA hoaxineer, er, engineer, nor does it have anything to do with whether Susie will be equipped to properly handle a frat house party.

The issue was, is, and always will be, whether Johnny and Susie's parents give them a CHRISTIAN, or a non Christian (or secular) education.

The Bible commands Christian parents to make sure their children are given a CHRISTIAN, BIBLICAL education. A secular, non Christian education is forbidden. Whether it's homeschooling, private tutoring, private school, or even a govt school, if the curriculum and environment and controlling philosophy isn't Christian, then it is forbidden to Christian parents as an option.

Please make an audio!!!!

Also make the article into a complete book
Old 10-02-2018, 08:45 AM
Banned

Quote:

No it doesn't.

The Bible instructions parents to teach children the ways of the LORD themselves. It doesn't admonish parents to "secure a Christian education" for their kids or to ensure that their children "are given a Christian education". Parents are to teach their children the ways of Christ, regardless of what prevailing educational systems might exist or might not exist in their culture and/or community that teaches reading, writing, and arithmetic.

Last edited by Aquila; 10-02-2018 at 08:48 AM.
Old 10-02-2018, 10:51 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
No it doesn't.

The Bible instructions parents to teach children the ways of the LORD themselves. It doesn't admonish parents to "secure a Christian education" for their kids or to ensure that their children "are given a Christian education". Parents are to teach their children the ways of Christ, regardless of what prevailing educational systems might exist or might not exist in their culture and/or community that teaches reading, writing, and arithmetic.
Yes it does, I proved it in the opening posts, but as usual you just make your claims and fail to DEMONSTRATE their correctness.