Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Prayer Closet
Facebook

Notices

Prayer Closet The place to post prayer requests & testimonies. All new requests will auto-stick in Fellowship Hall for 48 hours.

Old 10-15-2015, 02:30 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Re: emotional help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbon View Post
Hi, I am new here, and would like to have prayer for and maybe even discuss some stuff.

I have had the Holy Ghost for 28 yrs. I am struggling with sin,
Hi there. Will add you to my prayer list. I'm sometimes gruff and rough around the edges, so hang on a moment, cause everything I am about to say I say from personal experience and from love. I know what I am talking about because I have lived what I am about to speak. I do not buy religious platitudes (I'm cheap) but I have figured out a few things in this life that cost me quite a bit and maybe they can help you. Remember, it really is 'all in your head' (heart, actually) and it's from there that the problems come, and it's there that the solutions lie....

If what you are struggling with are transgressions of God's commandments, then STOP! If temptation comes PRAY! There is nothing that CAUSES you to act or engage in an action EXCEPT YOUR WILL. Therefore, if you are in sin, repentance is in order. Sometimes easier said than done, I know, but that is what is called for.

Quote:
with insecurity,
Not sure what this means? Is Christ greater than anything that is coming against you? Is it doubt you wrestle with? Is it fear regarding where you stand or will be standing? There is NO HOPE OUTSIDE GOD'S WORD. I speak from PERSONAL EXPERIENCE here. We have to get in God's Word, and DECIDE that His Word is REALITY, what it says is the way it is, REGARDLESS of what we think, feel, or 'perceive'/ Reality is the Word of God, and what we 'perceive' as reality will come around to match God's Word IF WE HANG ON TO THE WORD and get pit bull stubborn about it.

Quote:
with selfishness,
Selfishness is sin. We are to love God with all we've got and our neighbor as ourself. Selfishness therefore is sin, and is something to be repented of. FEELINGS or THOUGHTS that we might call 'selfishness' are passions and habitual ways of thinking that need to be turned over to God. What does that mean? Turn it over to God? How? Submit it to the Word. Change your thinking. Understand it is the FLESH (the carnal, old man) that is not in line with God's Will, and ASK GOD IN FAITH to reveal the truths of JESUS CHRIST, who he is, what he is, what he is to the child of God, to overcome any and all THOUGHTS and IMAGINATIONS that exalt themselves against the KNOWLEDGE of God. But you have to be persistent, and not faint, but 'pray always'. It's a battle, so it's not easy. But victory will be yours if you stay in the ring!

Quote:
and with pain of loosing a friend.
I am sorry you lost a friend. I hope that means they stopped being a friend and not that they passed on. If the latter, then truly my condolences to you. I recently in the last year and a half lost a good friend as well (they died). It was hard watching them go.

I was there in the hospital. The doctors said they tried everything there was literally nothing left for them to do except add more machines to carry on the life functions that were increasingly failing. Kidneys, liver, lungs, heart, it was all crashing and the machines they had him on were barely able to keep up. Every day more machines were being added. My wife and I had to literally turn him over to God (the doctors had reached the end of their abilities). We prayed and prayed and prayed and we literally watched him depart. I literally saw him take his last breath. I watched as the life departed from his body.

I am almost in tears just typing this. Believe me, I know what it is like to lose someone very close.

But I can tell you, FROM EXPERIENCE, God is greater than not only our sin, but our pain as well. There are no beds of roses and bowls of cherries for us here in this life. We suffer. Some of us unimaginably. But we are to be made like Jesus. And he suffered. When you really get honest, we don't deserve the easy life. Our sufferings are actually less than we deserve. But Jesus deserved NONE of his sufferings. But he took it on anyway, FOR US.

This life ain't all there is. There is a life to come. And God SHALL wipe away all tears from (our) eyes...

Quote:
There is a lot more that I am not sure I want to share on here just yet. I feel like a complicated mess.
Life IS complication. In this world, anyway. Be careful who you share with. You will be far better off talking face to face with someone you know and trust than posting on the internet. But then again, sometimes we just need to vent and talk it out with people we don't have to worry about judging us or if they do it's not that important anyway cause it's all internet 'reality'. lol

Quote:
I feel alone, I have heard how to pray through all this and plea the blood, for many years...but the more I do the more I seem to fall further from God.
My God, my God, WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME? How long, O Lord, how long? Why are you so far off from me, why do you ignore my groanings and my tears and my crying out to you?????

Hey, David had been there. Christ has been there. I have been there, many of us have been there. It's NOT ABNORMAL.

Psa 31:1 To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David. In thee, O LORD, do I put my trust; let me never be ashamed: deliver me in thy righteousness.
Psa 31:2 Bow down thine ear to me; deliver me speedily: be thou my strong rock, for an house of defence to save me.
Psa 31:3 For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me, and guide me.
Psa 31:4 Pull me out of the net that they have laid privily for me: for thou art my strength.
Psa 31:5 Into thine hand I commit my spirit: thou hast redeemed me, O LORD God of truth.
Psa 31:6 I have hated them that regard lying vanities: but I trust in the LORD.
Psa 31:7 I will be glad and rejoice in thy mercy: for thou hast considered my trouble; thou hast known my soul in adversities;
Psa 31:8 And hast not shut me up into the hand of the enemy: thou hast set my feet in a large room.
Psa 31:9 Have mercy upon me, O LORD, for I am in trouble: mine eye is consumed with grief, yea, my soul and my belly.
Psa 31:10 For my life is spent with grief, and my years with sighing: my strength faileth because of mine iniquity, and my bones are consumed.
Psa 31:11 I was a reproach among all mine enemies, but especially among my neighbours, and a fear to mine acquaintance: they that did see me without fled from me.
Psa 31:12 I am forgotten as a dead man out of mind: I am like a broken vessel.
Psa 31:13 For I have heard the slander of many: fear was on every side: while they took counsel together against me, they devised to take away my life.
Psa 31:14 But I trusted in thee, O LORD: I said, Thou art my God.
Psa 31:15 My times are in thy hand: deliver me from the hand of mine enemies, and from them that persecute me.
Psa 31:16 Make thy face to shine upon thy servant: save me for thy mercies' sake.
Psa 31:17 Let me not be ashamed, O LORD; for I have called upon thee: let the wicked be ashamed, and let them be silent in the grave.
Psa 31:18 Let the lying lips be put to silence; which speak grievous things proudly and contemptuously against the righteous.
Psa 31:19 Oh how great is thy goodness, which thou hast laid up for them that fear thee; which thou hast wrought for them that trust in thee before the sons of men!
Psa 31:20 Thou shalt hide them in the secret of thy presence from the pride of man: thou shalt keep them secretly in a pavilion from the strife of tongues.
Psa 31:21 Blessed be the LORD: for he hath shewed me his marvellous kindness in a strong city.
Psa 31:22 For I said in my haste, I am cut off from before thine eyes: nevertheless thou heardest the voice of my supplications when I cried unto thee.
Psa 31:23 O love the LORD, all ye his saints: for the LORD preserveth the faithful, and plentifully rewardeth the proud doer.
Psa 31:24 Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the LORD.

Quote:
Love, anger, resentment, peace, I think... are all choices, and we are conditioned by our own choices to be habitual in our lifestyles that foster either anger, resentment, fear, or even love.
Our choices are often dictated by our passions and feelings. It is the will of God that our choices be directed by the Word of God in the power of His Spirit. Feelings are what they are, you cannot by a direct act of willpower feel something you don't, or stop feeling something you do.

I had to learn that it is okay to feel whatever I feel. Not that I accept all whatever comes my way, or that I should be complacent, but that the FACT of feeling 'whatever' is in itself NORMAL and NOT the final act of the drama of my life. I am what God says I am, not what I 'feel' like today, or tomorrow, or whatever. Bad feelings are overcome by letting God's Word dictate our views and opinions of things. Old habits die hard, but they must be replaced with new habits.

Growth is often painful. And there is no couch Christianity in the Bible, God has given us exactly ZERO promises that we will not have trials, and struggles, and tempations, warfare, and battles, with the flesh, the past, the world, the devil, etc.

"If you hold on, a little while longer, God's gonna give you the victory!" (One of my favorite choruses because it is TRUE, I have EXPERIENCED IT being true).

You are not alone. Others experience these same things. They have from the beginning, and will until the end. GOD knows what you are going through, not just because he is God and knows all, but because in Christ HE EXPERIENCED THESE THINGS HIMSELF (yet was without sin).

And we are to be made like Him by the grace and power of God.

Quote:
What do you think? anyone ever feel the same?

thanks for reading...
Also, check your diet. Too much carbs and processed foods lead to chemical imbalances and bad moodiness. When we started cutting out all the garbage and started eating naturally, I discovered my moods improved phenomenally. We just don't know how things affect us until we make certain changes, then it's like 'Wow! Never thought THAT would make such a difference!" (No, I am not saying go vegetarian or Vegan. That is a no-no, you'll die younger than you ought to.)

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Last edited by Esaias; 10-15-2015 at 02:32 PM.
Old 10-15-2015, 03:43 PM
Go Dodgers!

Re: emotional help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbon View Post
Hi, I am new here, and would like to have prayer for and maybe even discuss some stuff.

I have had the Holy Ghost for 28 yrs. I am struggling with sin, with insecurity, with selfishness, and with pain of loosing a friend.

There is a lot more that I am not sure I want to share on here just yet. I feel like a complicated mess.

I feel alone, I have heard how to pray through all this and plea the blood, for many years...but the more I do the more I seem to fall further from God.

Love, anger, resentment, peace, I think... are all choices, and we are conditioned by our own choices to be habitual in our lifestyles that foster either anger, resentment, fear, or even love.

What do you think? anyone ever feel the same?

thanks for reading...
We are not perfect, we are being perfected. When you live a life that teaches perfection and you fail all the time, it can be very frustrating.

Stop beating yourself up and trust in God not only to help you overcome, but to be merciful and forgiving when you fail.

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.