Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 05-18-2019, 01:19 AM
New User

Re: Born to be Wild - Father's Day sermon

shucking the corn?
Old 05-19-2019, 03:19 AM
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOfWord View Post
When I read the book a few years ago, it affected me the same way. I wept. I didn't weep because I felt sorry for myself. I wept because of the "wound" it dredged up and forced me to deal with face to face. I have had numerous men tell me the same thing happened to them as well.

If Christian men would be REAL men, the world just may get reached and families just might have the victory with a warrior at the helm instead of some wimpy, milk toast excuse for a man who is afraid that sin will "get" him and is afraid of the devil and his own shadow.

Men certainly don't have to get Harley's and ride and dress like I did. But they DO need to be the men that God called them to be and the men I see in the Bible were a man's man.

Why is it that many women are attracted to "bad" boys? Is it because they like the sense of adventure these men exude? The free spirit in them? The warrior they see inside?

If the warrior inside Christian men can be focused on accomplishing things for God (including at work and play) within the confines of His word...

LOOK OUT!!!!!!!!

I know he no longer posts, but...

HUH?
Old 05-19-2019, 06:22 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by diakonos View Post
I know he no longer posts, but...

HUH?
It is nonsense. Look, here is a guy who plays a flute, lamenting over manliness in Christians. I never seen ultra conservative Apostolics having a problem with manliness. Maybe a little too much testosterone at times, but no problems with manliness. Now the Calvary Chapel, or Charismatic Trinitarian enablers seem to have a little sugar in their tank at times. But, that is because of an extreme pendulum swing. MOW, when he posted here hardline anti-conservative Apostolic. So, if the ultra cons are more masculine, then the opposite should be true for the flute playing Charismatic? But instead of doing ultra con standards, MOW’s logic is to look like the leather guy in the Village People? I’ll pass.
Old 05-19-2019, 06:36 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Ever notice how men who go on and on about being a real man tend to be a bit womanish? Just an observation.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 05-20-2019, 06:35 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
It is nonsense. Look, here is a guy who plays a flute, lamenting over manliness in Christians. I never seen ultra conservative Apostolics having a problem with manliness. Maybe a little too much testosterone at times, but no problems with manliness. Now the Calvary Chapel, or Charismatic Trinitarian enablers seem to have a little sugar in their tank at times. But, that is because of an extreme pendulum swing. MOW, when he posted here hardline anti-conservative Apostolic. So, if the ultra cons are more masculine, then the opposite should be true for the flute playing Charismatic? But instead of doing ultra con standards, MOW’s logic is to look like the leather guy in the Village People? I’ll pass.
Village People? hahahahaha
Old 05-20-2019, 09:56 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
But instead of doing ultra con standards, MOW’s logic is to look like the leather guy in the Village People? I’ll pass.
Hold up. Are you trying to tell me that dressing like one of the guys that gave us 'Macho Man' isn't manly? Blasphemy!