Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 06-21-2007, 12:32 AM
Steadfast

Kentucky Campmeeting... Anybody there?

Just wondering if anybody here goes to the Kentucky Campmeeting in Summersville? I'm going to be here all week and was wondering if anybody else from the forum is here.

I left my place Sunday night before Oklahoma Camp and drove until I was tired... finished driving in the next day. Preached my guts out all week.

Drove home Saturday and got home at about 11 PM. Had two services on Sunday (complete with a demon possessed man charging towards me Sunday night while I was in the pulpit) and left again after Church this past Sunday night for the 18 hour drive to Kentucky Campmeeting.

Much to my surprise Bro. Cornwell (the other speaker) had a brother pass away and now I'm doing BOTH day Bible Studies and night services too... needless to say I'm a tired little boy (OKAY... tired BIG boy) tonight. It's almost 2 AM and I'm so tired I can't seem to rest!

Haven't been on much lately but look forward to catching up when I get a chance!

Blesssings...
Old 06-21-2007, 12:45 AM
First Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steadfast View Post
Just wondering if anybody here goes to the Kentucky Campmeeting in Summersville? I'm going to be here all week and was wondering if anybody else from the forum is here.

I left my place Sunday night before Oklahoma Camp and drove until I was tired... finished driving in the next day. Preached my guts out all week.

Drove home Saturday and got home at about 11 PM. Had two services on Sunday (complete with a demon possessed man charging towards me Sunday night while I was in the pulpit) and left again after Church this past Sunday night for the 18 hour drive to Kentucky Campmeeting.

Much to my surprise Bro. Cornwell (the other speaker) had a brother pass away and now I'm doing BOTH day Bible Studies and night services too... needless to say I'm a tired little boy (OKAY... tired BIG boy) tonight. It's almost 2 AM and I'm so tired I can't seem to rest!

Haven't been on much lately but look forward to catching up when I get a chance!

Blesssings...

No, I'm not there. I'm here sitting in the computer chair cause I can't seem to sleep anymore at night until I'm so exhausted that I can't stay awake.

So how are the services going?

Been praying for ya, real hard, everyday. For strength and healing.
Old 06-21-2007, 04:04 AM
Pride of the Neighborhood

Bro D, please take care of yourself. Saying "no" sometimes is wise. Don't endanger your health. You serve the Kingdom of God better by living longer. May God bless your services and use you to edify the Body and lead unbelievers to salvation!

‎When a newspaper posed the question, "What's Wrong with the World?" G. K. Chesterton reputedly wrote a brief letter in response: "Dear Sirs: I am. Sincerely Yours, G. K. Chesterton." That is the attitude of someone who has grasped the message of Jesus.
Old 06-21-2007, 08:12 AM
Administrator

Steadfast,

I will be praying you have a good meeting. Like the good deacon I have great concern that you are overextending yourself. We want you around for a long time so pace yourself!!!
Old 06-21-2007, 09:12 AM
Registered Member

Steadfast,
I did'nt get to go to the Ok camp but some of our young people did.They came back all fired up.They said they were in the Tabernacle every night til 11:00 or 12:00,that it was hard to leave the services.
Old 06-21-2007, 02:03 PM
Steadfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCoonskinner View Post
No, I'm not there. I'm here sitting in the computer chair cause I can't seem to sleep anymore at night until I'm so exhausted that I can't stay awake.

So how are the services going?

Been praying for ya, real hard, everyday. For strength and healing.

Services seem to be going well... going to have a huge healing crusade tonight... should be great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacon blues View Post
Bro D, please take care of yourself. Saying "no" sometimes is wise. Don't endanger your health. You serve the Kingdom of God better by living longer. May God bless your services and use you to edify the Body and lead unbelievers to salvation!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
Steadfast,

I will be praying you have a good meeting. Like the good deacon I have great concern that you are overextending yourself. We want you around for a long time so pace yourself!!!

Thanks so much for the concern, folks! I'm actually feeling better than I've felt in weeks (albeit, tired physically) and God is helping me to do what needs to be done. I've been very open and honest with the officials over the camps that I can't be at every service and keep my strength up and they have actually promoted me NOT being at all of them... and pacing myself in those areas have helped tremendously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHILL View Post
Steadfast,
I did'nt get to go to the Ok camp but some of our young people did.They came back all fired up.They said they were in the Tabernacle every night til 11:00 or 12:00,that it was hard to leave the services.

Thank so much for telling me that... I wanted to leave something in those at Camp that would make a difference in their world... and hopefully I did! It was easy to preach in Oklahoma for some reason and it helps that they like to hear preaching.

Blessings!

Old 06-21-2007, 02:05 PM
His Eminance, High Potatohead Potatotate

Got an Uncle that pastors in Paducah....

Bro. Romain...
Old 06-21-2007, 02:06 PM
His Eminance, High Potatohead Potatotate

Quote:

Thank so much for telling me that... I wanted to leave something in those at Camp that would make a difference in their world... and hopefully I did! It was easy to preach in Oklahoma for some reason and it helps that they like to hear preaching.

Blessings!

It's either Preachin' or Cow Tippin'.... Most like Preachin'...
Old 06-21-2007, 02:18 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

Blesssings...
Steadfast I want to speak to you man to man. Who is going to take of your wife and children after you suffer a masive heart attack and die. Or who will carry on the church after you have a stroke. The first was a warning the next might be the big one. Guess what? After you are dead and your wife is a widow and your children are fatherless someone else will be preaching these meetings. You primary call is to your church. Go every once and awhile but what you are doing is NOT fair to yourself-your family-your church family. Do you have good insurance?????????????
Old 06-21-2007, 02:29 PM
Ronzo

nope. not there.