Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > WPF News
Facebook

Notices

WPF News Discussion of the WWPF meetings in Tulsa and related sidetracks.

Search For Similiar Threads Using Key Words & Phrases
healer, stupidity, tulsa, unhappy

Old 10-31-2007, 08:33 AM
Step By Step - Day By Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amos View Post
I might be wrong, but I took her comments to mean that there would be nothing gained by these men's departure.

Certainly there are good men left.

But losing men of this caliber can't be a good thing.
Yeah. She was agreeing with me. LOL.

(surname courtesy of Jim Yohe)
Old 10-31-2007, 08:33 AM
His Eminance, High Potatohead Potatotate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felicity View Post
This kind of thinking baffles me.

You don't think the organization has had its place in God's plan and been fruitful and productive all along? Even with those of a more conservative mindset and those of a more liberal mindset too as part?

Every denomination has its strong left and right adherents.
Are asking me or agreeing with me???
Old 10-31-2007, 08:41 AM
Step By Step - Day By Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
Are asking me or agreeing with me???
Sorry Randy. This time I'm not agreeing with you.

I remember way back in the 70s complaining about some of the strong conservatives. I was much much younger then and I remember particularly a message that was preached at GC by one of the UPC's respected but very conservative pastors and pooh poohing some of what they preached.

But the fact is, the UPC was stronger and more focused and perhaps "better" in some ways then than it is today.

The exodus of hundreds of good strong and respected men who have solid ministries and been part of the UPC over many many years isn't going to make the UPC stronger or more unified in my opinion.

We can see where the exodus of hundreds (of which we were part) in the 90s didn't achieve what had been hoped for i.e. a stronger more unified organization. Neither will the next exodus that takes place.

IMO.

(surname courtesy of Jim Yohe)
Old 10-31-2007, 08:55 AM
Registered Member

Quote:

I remember way back in the 70s complaining about some of the strong conservatives. I was much much younger then and I remember particularly a message that was preached at GC by one of the UPC's respected but very conservative pastors and pooh poohing some of what they preached.

But the fact is, the UPC was stronger and more focused and perhaps "better" in some ways then than it is today.

The exodus of hundreds of good strong and respected men who have solid ministries and been part of the UPC over many many years isn't going to make the UPC stronger or more unified in my opinion.

We can see where the exodus of hundreds (of which we were part) in the 90s didn't achieve what had been hoped for i.e. a stronger more unified organization. Neither will the next exodus that takes place.

IMO.
This is a good post.

When you lose giants, whether they be the C.H. Yadons, or the Johnny Godairs, something virtuous is taken away that is difficult to define.

Men of great leadership and character bring something to a fellowship that is hard to define...they are like an ingredient in a recipe that you may not taste when it is in there, but you definitely notice when it isn't.

How anybody can be happy, or even blase' about the caliber of men who are leaving us is beyond me.

That actually seems like blind, short-sighted arrogance to me.

And the LORD took me as I followed the flock, and the LORD said unto me, Go, prophesy unto my people Israel."

--Amos 7:14-15
Old 10-31-2007, 08:57 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
There are good, earnest men on both sides of this divide and there is room for a conservative org. to move forward in unity and a more moderate UPC to do the same.
CC1, this is exactly what I was thinking while shaving this morning! Once a movement becomes an organization, it eventually spawns other movements, who become organizations and the cycle continues.

I am surprised that it has taken so long for the conservative movement to move. It seems they actually thought they could simply take over the organization and mold it into a conservative organization. The latest vote against them has wounded the pride of enough egotistical men that finally they will make their exodus.
Old 10-31-2007, 09:01 AM
Registered Member

Quote:

IMO.

good post
Old 10-31-2007, 09:01 AM

Quote:

IMO.
I spoke to a Lady at Headquarters today and she said they have had hardly any folks turn their license's in... I think it remains to be seen that "hundreds" will do so....
Old 10-31-2007, 09:03 AM
irish1

TB -

The men leaving now had their egotistical pride wounded? What about people who left the organization prior? When one leaves on their principle why can't anybody else be leaving on their principle? Curious.
Old 10-31-2007, 09:09 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
I spoke to a Lady at Headquarters today and she said they have had hardly any folks turn their license's in... I think it remains to be seen that "hundreds" will do so....
Today is the last day of the grace period for dues that were due at the end of Sept. I know many who didn't pay. The preachers I know that are leaving aren't sending in their cards they just aren't going to pay the budget fees.
Old 10-31-2007, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whole Hearted View Post
Today is the last day of the grace period for dues that were due at the end of Sept. I know many who didn't pay. The preachers I know that are leaving aren't sending in their cards they just aren't going to pay the budget fees.
Why not just cancel?

If you signed for it wouldn't it be morally correct to just cancel than to allow the fee's to lapse?