Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-31-2007, 07:51 PM
Brother Strange
Guest


 
Posts: n/a
Divine Flesh - Post Resurrection

We thoroughly hashed the Heavenly Flesh and the original sin question to the extent of about 35 pages recently. It was a good discussion. I appreciate everyone's input even though I did not start that thread.

However, in line with that thought, we have almost unanimously concluded that the body that Jesus was born with was not in any way unlike our own, being made like unto his bretheren, according to Heb 2nd chapter.

Nevertheless, have you considered the state of the post resurrected body of Jesus? Would you say that his physical body is in every sense of the word, divine today? Would you now consider it to be Divine Flesh on this side of His tomb? Would you now think of Him being divine, both Spirit and Body?

If you give an answer, please substantiate your belief with scripture since you probably would have little to go on scientifically.

I will wait for your response.

Where is m' little buddy DA? Prax, where are you? Elder Epley? Anyone?

Thaniks
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-31-2007, 07:56 PM
Scott Hutchinson's Avatar
Scott Hutchinson Scott Hutchinson is offline
Resident PeaceMaker


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Jackson,AL.
Posts: 16,548
Would not Jesus Christ in Heaven have a immortal or spiritual body that is incorruptible like 1.COR.15 speaks of for believers in their resurrected state ?He has a body form no doubt ,but His body now is a immortal one I would think.
__________________
People who are always looking for fault,can find it easily all they have to do,is look into their mirror.
There they can find plenty of fault.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-31-2007, 08:00 PM
SDG SDG is offline
Guest


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: H-Town, Texas
Posts: 18,009
Ya know Elder ... I'm all "fleshed" out ...

Last time we hung out like this I got a little bored .... and you know what they say about the idle mind.

I'm getting ready for my trip to Wilmington tomorrah.

but ... I'll chime in ... if I hear anything that sounds ignant .... Caveat Praxeas.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-31-2007, 08:08 PM
Praxeas's Avatar
Praxeas Praxeas is offline
Go Dodgers!


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 45,553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Strange View Post
We thoroughly hashed the Heavenly Flesh and the original sin question to the extent of about 35 pages recently. It was a good discussion. I appreciate everyone's input even though I did not start that thread.

However, in line with that thought, we have almost unanimously concluded that the body that Jesus was born with was not in any way unlike our own, being made like unto his bretheren, according to Heb 2nd chapter.

Nevertheless, have you considered the state of the post resurrected body of Jesus? Would you say that his physical body is in every sense of the word, divine today? Would you now consider it to be Divine Flesh on this side of His tomb? Would you now think of Him being divine, both Spirit and Body?

If you give an answer, please substantiate your belief with scripture since you probably would have little to go on scientifically.

I will wait for your response.

Where is m' little buddy DA? Prax, where are you? Elder Epley? Anyone?

Thaniks
I guess we would have to define "Divine"....the bible uses the word uncorruptable
__________________
Let it be understood that Apostolic Friends Forum is an Apostolic Forum.
Apostolic is defined on AFF as:


  1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-31-2007, 08:16 PM
Scott Hutchinson's Avatar
Scott Hutchinson Scott Hutchinson is offline
Resident PeaceMaker


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Jackson,AL.
Posts: 16,548
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
I guess we would have to define "Divine"....the bible uses the word uncorruptable
Well what do you know we do agree.Now Prax give me your brain.
__________________
People who are always looking for fault,can find it easily all they have to do,is look into their mirror.
There they can find plenty of fault.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-31-2007, 09:15 PM
Steve Epley's Avatar
Steve Epley Steve Epley is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 11,874
Jesus resurrected immortal with a spiritual body. A literal physical body with immortality.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-31-2007, 09:34 PM
Brother Strange
Guest


 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
I guess we would have to define "Divine"....the bible uses the word uncorruptable
Good idea...

Theios... Greek

A general name of dieties or divinities.

Here are some places that it is used:

Act 17:29 Forasmuch then 3767 as we are 5225 the offspring 1085 of God 2316, we ought 3784 not 3756 to think 3543 that the Godhead 2304 is 1511 like 3664 unto gold 5557, or 2228 silver 696, or 2228 stone 3037, graven 5480 by art 5078 and 2532 man's 444 device 1761.

2Pe 1:3 According as 5613 his 846 divine 2304 power 1411 hath given 1433 unto us 2254 all things 3956 that [pertain] unto 4314 life 2222 and 2532 godliness 2150, through 1223 the knowledge 1922 of him that hath called 2564 us 2248 to 1223 glory 1391 and 2532 virtue 703:

2Pe 1:4 Whereby 1223 3739 are given 1433 unto us 2254 exceeding great 3176 and 2532 precious 5093 promises 1862: that 2443 by 1223 these 5130 ye might be 1096 partakers 2844 of the divine 2304 nature 5449, having escaped 668 the corruption 5356 that is in 1722 the world 2889 through 1722 lust 1939.

So would anyone here be willing to say that the present condition of the physical body of Jesus is less God (divine) than His spirit? In other words, can the man Christ Jesus (out mediator) be considered LESS DIETY than His Spirit. I believe that we would all agree than His spirit is entirely diety or what is called DIVINITY. What about the man, including His body? Any less so, or is He entirely in the state of DIETY?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-31-2007, 10:46 PM
Michael The Disciple's Avatar
Michael The Disciple Michael The Disciple is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 12,173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
Jesus resurrected immortal with a spiritual body. A literal physical body with immortality.
A PHYSICAL BODY has blood, flesh, and bones. So Yeshua does NOT have a PHYSICAL body.

Paul taught he was made A QUICKENING SPIRIT.

44: It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.
45: And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

There are only 2 kinds of bodies. Natural (physical) and spiritual. Flesh or spirit. Earthly or heavenly.

Yeshua has an immortal spiritual body.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-01-2007, 08:12 AM
Brother Strange
Guest


 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
A PHYSICAL BODY has blood, flesh, and bones. So Yeshua does NOT have a PHYSICAL body.

Paul taught he was made A QUICKENING SPIRIT.

44: It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.
45: And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

There are only 2 kinds of bodies. Natural (physical) and spiritual. Flesh or spirit. Earthly or heavenly.

Yeshua has an immortal spiritual body.
You do not believe that the same Jesus who went away will come again? Somehow he has changed into something that he was not when he went away? In other words, according to your thinking, Jesus no longer has a corporeal body of flesh and bones that he said he had after his resurrection?

btw, who is Yeshua?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-01-2007, 08:22 AM
Michael The Disciple's Avatar
Michael The Disciple Michael The Disciple is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 12,173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Strange View Post
You do not believe that the same Jesus who went away will come again? Somehow he has changed into something that he was not when he went away? In other words, according to your thinking, Jesus no longer has a corporeal body of flesh and bones that he said he had after his resurrection?

btw, who is Yeshua?
I know nothing of Yeshua apart from the Apostles doctrine. Since Paul who was an Apostle said:

44: It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.
45: And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit. 1 Cor. 15:44-45

Then who am I that I would believe otherwise?

Since Paul only gives us the option of believing in a natural body (flesh) or a spiritual body (spirit) I can only choose one of the 2 in understanding what body Yeshua now has.

You ask who is Yeshua? Well he is the Jewish Messiah. He is the Savior of the World. He is YAH the creator of the Universe manifesting himself to man. Hope that helps!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"Divine Flesh" remedy mfblume Deep Waters 105 05-26-2009 02:42 PM
Walking After Flesh Or Spirit mfblume Deep Waters 8 02-15-2008 04:48 PM
divine flesh and original sin Dedicated Mind Deep Waters 332 07-31-2007 07:44 PM
Divine revelation ? Arphaxad Fellowship Hall 15 05-14-2007 03:21 PM

 
User Infomation
Your Avatar

Latest Threads
- by Amanah
- by Aquila
- by Salome
- by n david

Help Support AFF!

Advertisement




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.