Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 08-15-2007, 08:27 PM
Truthseeker's Avatar
Truthseeker Truthseeker is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 6,562
many lack the oneness revelation.
__________________
Today pull up the little weeds,
The sinful thoughts subdue,
Or they will take the reins themselves
And someday master you. --Anon.


The most deadly sins do not leap upon us, they creep up on us.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 08-15-2007, 08:51 PM
Sister Alvear's Avatar
Sister Alvear Sister Alvear is offline
Sister Alvear


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Brazil, SA
Posts: 26,479
My husband is from Chile...the Lord approved of our marriage...
__________________
Monies to help us may be sent to P.O. Box 797, Jonesville, La 71343.

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Visit our site:
http://safmcathedralofpraise.org/default.htm
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 08-15-2007, 09:13 PM
Scott Hutchinson's Avatar
Scott Hutchinson Scott Hutchinson is offline
Resident PeaceMaker


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Jackson,AL.
Posts: 16,548
The Bible doesn't say interracial marriage is a sin, but if people of different races decide to get married they may face some things ,and experience some alienation.I'm in the deep south ,so things might not be the easiest for couples of mixed race.
__________________
People who are always looking for fault,can find it easily all they have to do,is look into their mirror.
There they can find plenty of fault.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 08-15-2007, 09:17 PM
Ron's Avatar
Ron Ron is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 12,925
Wellll, I married a Philippina who is part Malay, and part Spanish, and probably part Japanese as well.
I am half Norwegian, a quarter Scotch, a quarter Spanish, and a wee bit a Irish just to throw a monkey wrench in the works.

My kids-heaven help them, have all of that in them as well.

That's why they just say they are Canadian!

God don't care the colour, race or background, but he does very much care about our Theology!
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 08-15-2007, 09:17 PM
Steve Epley's Avatar
Steve Epley Steve Epley is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 11,895
It is not a sin however one must be certain to know the cultural differences and pressures that can be placed on the marriage because of it. In certain areas of the country to hostility would be so servere the marriage might not survive. Then how do the parents and families of the folks getting married feel? But scripturally it is not forbidden.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 08-15-2007, 09:20 PM
Scott Hutchinson's Avatar
Scott Hutchinson Scott Hutchinson is offline
Resident PeaceMaker


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Jackson,AL.
Posts: 16,548
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
It is not a sin however one must be certain to know the cultural differences and pressures that can be placed on the marriage because of it. In certain areas of the country to hostility would be so servere the marriage might not survive. Then how do the parents and families of the folks getting married feel? But scripturally it is not forbidden.
I agree and this is how I would advise people.
Here where I live the spirit of prejudice runs deep.
__________________
People who are always looking for fault,can find it easily all they have to do,is look into their mirror.
There they can find plenty of fault.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 08-15-2007, 09:24 PM
Ron's Avatar
Ron Ron is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 12,925
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Hutchinson View Post
I agree and this is how I would advise people.
Here where I live the spirit of prejudice runs deep.
And is that right brother?

I am not blaming you because I know your heart and spirit is too gentle for it, but some times you just have top do what you feel is right.

I think it is kind of like Rosa Parks when she said I ain't gonna go ride in the back of the bus.

If people are in love and want to get married, maybe it is the prejudiced people who need to change and not the other way around.

JMHO
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 08-15-2007, 09:30 PM
Scott Hutchinson's Avatar
Scott Hutchinson Scott Hutchinson is offline
Resident PeaceMaker


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Jackson,AL.
Posts: 16,548
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
And is that right brother?

I am not blaming you because I know your heart and spirit is too gentle for it, but some times you just have top do what you feel is right.

I think it is kind of like Rosa Parks when she said I ain't gonna go ride in the back of the bus.

If people are in love and want to get married, maybe it is the prejudiced people who need to change and not the other way around.

JMHO
Not it's right but if you are not from the south, the culture might be hard to understand to you.Alot of the blacks are prejudiced, at the white folks and alot of the white folks are prejudiced towards people of color.
Folks mingle at school ,and work ,but there is still alot of segregation here,sadly
__________________
People who are always looking for fault,can find it easily all they have to do,is look into their mirror.
There they can find plenty of fault.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 08-15-2007, 09:34 PM
Rico Rico is offline
Shaking the dust off my shoes.


 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Nunya bidness
Posts: 9,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Wellll, I married a Philippina who is part Malay, and part Spanish, and probably part Japanese as well.
I am half Norwegian, a quarter Scotch, a quarter Spanish, and a wee bit a Irish just to throw a monkey wrench in the works.

My kids-heaven help them, have all of that in them as well.

That's why they just say they are Canadian!

God don't care the colour, race or background, but he does very much care about our Theology!
So, y'uns is a Heinz 57 Special Recipe Homestyle Brew!!!
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 08-15-2007, 09:36 PM
Scott Hutchinson's Avatar
Scott Hutchinson Scott Hutchinson is offline
Resident PeaceMaker


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Jackson,AL.
Posts: 16,548
I'm glad the blood of The Lamb is for all races,kindreds and tongues.
__________________
People who are always looking for fault,can find it easily all they have to do,is look into their mirror.
There they can find plenty of fault.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
**** Are the NCO and AWCF "raiding" the UPCI or providing a "safety net"? **** SDG The D.A.'s Office 373 02-06-2012 01:01 AM
Ever Get that Feeling that some of your "Friends" are only your "Friends" based on... revrandy Fellowship Hall 50 08-11-2007 01:49 AM
Seven kids get "it" or "Him" at youth camp Sherri Fellowship Hall 10 07-16-2007 01:57 PM
News Report On "Snake Handling & Speaking In Tongue" CC1 Fellowship Hall 100 06-05-2007 09:37 PM

 
User Infomation
Your Avatar

Latest Threads
- by Esaias
- by Amanah
- by Esaias
- by Esaias

Help Support AFF!

Advertisement




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.