Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 08-19-2007, 09:31 PM
Jerry Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedicated Mind View Post
I had a Pastor in Texas that was against a hispanic/"white" marriage. He claimed that at the tower of babel, God divided the races and that He/God does not approve of interracial marriage. I believe that Pentecost reversed babel, when christians are united in spirit by "speaking in tongues." I also showed him I Cor 7:39:

"The wife is bound by the law as long as her husband liveth; but if her husband be dead, she is at liberty to be married to whom she will; only in the Lord."

This issue has been a constant source of consternation in my own life. I can see both sides of the argument. What do "y'all" think? :sshhh
I'm a mixture of about everything... that would mean that I would have to have blood test, or what ever they could do and find a mate with the same mixed up mixture as me to marry me... what a wonderful doctrine....
Old 08-19-2007, 09:57 PM
Lofty, Scientific, and Literal

Yes, God does disapprove of interracial marriages!!!

He disapproves of the human race marrying the animal race or the insect race or the amphibian race or the bird race or the fish race or the...........

Old 08-19-2007, 11:40 PM
Urban Pastor

God is FOR Marriage!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Alvear View Post
I know some that think it is a sin for blacks and whites to marry...where I live and work for God there is no pure black or white race they are all mixed!

So........is it possible that Brazilians can be saved?
Why are people so worried about what God is AGAINST?
God is FOR US!
He is for a man and a woman uniting in Holy Marriage and producing God loving Children and coming to Loganville, GA and being a part of CHURCH ALIVE of Atlanta.
Red, yellow, black and white - They are precious in His sight!

I don't think GOD is nearly as RIGID as some of those that post on this forum.
Old 08-20-2007, 01:03 AM
Saved & Shaved

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaBishop View Post
I don't think GOD is nearly as RIGID as some of those that post on this forum.
Amen
Old 08-20-2007, 01:31 AM
Lamb Saved & Shepherd Led

Peter said, “Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons: But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him” (Acts 10:34-35). Anyone who is a respecter of persons does so in opposition to God. Peter’s statement makes it clear that it’s not race but faith that’s important.

I find no scripture speaking against a man and a woman of differing race coming together in marriage. The only stipulations that stand in the way of a marriage are those speaking against same sex unions, polygamy, couples unlawfully united, or unions of conflicting faiths.

One issue that must always be cautioned for such couples is that they understand that ethnicity differences in their families and society bias do play a part in a union of differing races. This being said, if they both feel that their commitment is greater than these concerns, and if they are within their biblical rights to be wed, then I feel there is nothing standing in their way except them saying, “I do!”
The Bible is open to those that want Truth, and if they want Truth, they find Truth. They watch individuals squabble over Bible symbolism on the Internet, and leave the Message boards to enter into the real world where live people dwell, and they find Truth. The World Wide Web is full of Internet Ayatollahs who speak their mind. There is only one Truth, and it is not hidden. No matter what anyone says, Truth still converts the sincere.
 -DD Benincasa, 12/06/03

www.tkburk.com
Old 11-06-2007, 03:57 PM
Matthew 7:6

If I may take it a step farther, I'll say I've heard too many stories of racial prejudice in Apostolic (especially UPC) circles.

I know of someone that went to a particular UPC bible college that told me that the college discouraged interracial relationships, insomuch that they had a rule that if 2 students of different races wanted to date, the school's policy was to notify their parents of it to get their approval. To me, that just had a very "Big-Brother", totalitarian, intimidating feel to it. (That was more than 5 ago. I dont know if the school still has that policy).

Unfortunately I'm told there are some of our brethren in some of the predominantly black Apostolic denominations who consider the UPC to be quite racist. Personally, I dont think dont a fair statement to make at all, but there are definitely pockets of ignorance and prejudice that still exist in more than a few certain UPC churches.

I'm T France, and I approved this message.
Old 12-03-2007, 05:14 PM
delete account

There is nothing scripturally wrong with it. I have many friends who are married interracially.
Old 12-03-2007, 05:16 PM
Registered Member

I think everyone should stick with their own.........na na not going through it again. lol

"only in the Lord" is the only requirement.
And someday master you. --Anon.

The most deadly sins do not leap upon us, they creep up on us.
Old 12-03-2007, 05:54 PM
"One Mind...OneAccord"

Yes, I am against inter-racial marriages. Here'e why....

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

Well, at least that was my answer when I had to face the question head on one time. When I tried to think of the reason or reasons I was against it, I had no answer. No reason. I was just against it. So, since I didn;t have a reason for being against it, I figured it was kinda stupid of me for being against something, I had no reason to be against.

Kinda like when Ellie was runnin' for town council on the Andy Griffith Show. Andy and the menfolk were agin it, but when the big show down came, they realized they had to reason to be agin it. Ellie was elected and they lived happily ever after. But the pointis ... there is no valid reason to be against inter-racial marriages. Not from a biblical standpoint, and certianly not from a societal standpoint.

And taking it one step further (and Truthseeker, this is for you), its like takin a stand against Santa. We know he really don't exist, so why take a stand again it.

Oh, the question wasn't whether I approve or not... it was if God approves. Well, I don't think God spends a lot of time studyin' on it. As long as ya love one another and the woman submits to her husband and obeys his every command, I think thats all He's really concerned about!

Waiting for the Lord is easy... Waiting patiently? Not so much.
Old 12-03-2007, 06:01 PM
"It's Never Too Late"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedicated Mind View Post
I had a Pastor in Texas that was against a hispanic/"white" marriage. He claimed that at the tower of babel, God divided the races and that He/God does not approve of interracial marriage. I believe that Pentecost reversed babel, when christians are united in spirit by "speaking in tongues." I also showed him I Cor 7:39:

"The wife is bound by the law as long as her husband liveth; but if her husband be dead, she is at liberty to be married to whom she will; only in the Lord."

This issue has been a constant source of consternation in my own life. I can see both sides of the argument. What do "y'all" think? :sshhh
One thing a genetic doctor told my wife and I after we discovered our son has a Genetic Medical condition called Fanconi Anemia.

Interracial couples have a lower rate of genetic disease in their childen by almost 90%.

Because the different races will not have the same defective genes.

So interracial marriages that prouce children have a better chance of having a clean genetic make up.

Those parents have almost no chance of having the same genetic defective recessive genes.

Such as my wife and I with our almost all Swedish backgrounds...