Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 05-28-2022, 06:24 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Re: Chris Reed Gas Prices and Joe Biden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Plus the visible "mainstream church" was just another Party-managed propaganda-social control mechanism and real Christians were basically underground and meeting in homes holding to a strong theology of anti-tyranny and "we must obey God rather than men" while being accused of heresy and sedition by the "mainstream church" and government and media.

Kind of like how it was in the Roman world back in the early days of the church and throughout the medieval/Renaissance periods.

The new (old) normal.
How is the BIG BUILDING churches going to look in the months ahead?
Old 05-28-2022, 07:31 AM
Covenant Apostolic

From what I'm seeing in our small local churches, attendance is down since the beginning of the pandemic and now the price of gas and inflation. I know people who are struggling to put food on their tables.

People struggling to pay bills may decide to forgo Church. For sure they better be cutting out cable, restaurants, and other entertainment before they cut church attendance. We live in a decadent society where people could easily cut out the entertainment and luxury items to lower cost of living.

Last edited by Amanah; 05-28-2022 at 07:35 AM.
Old 05-28-2022, 04:14 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
4.19 - 4.29, depending on which store.

Grocery bills have almost doubled over what they were last year. Plus the sizes are smaller. Frozen green beans used to be 16 oz, then 14 oz, now I think they are 12 oz? Beef sausage was 16 oz packs now they are either 12 or 14, depending on brand.

What used to cost 200 at the store now runs between 350-400. Mostly due to meat price increases and things like dog food, TP, olive oil, fresh fruits, etc.

Ammo is up as well. Engine parts, and guitar amps/equipment is up, plus the QC is in the toilet, as with most stuff nowadays.

It's a weird feeling, cuz I remember back in school learning about life in the USSR/Eastern Europe and how there were constant shortages, everything was overpriced, and the quality was horrendous, nobody trusted government except the idiot true believer Party minority, the media wouldn't tell the truth about so much as the weather, and popular art/music was pretty much worthless garbage devoid of actual artistry and was just another tool for the Party line, except edgy underground anti-establishment punk/rock which was low quality angry neo-nazi or "muh eeeevillll" shock nonsense that was often considered seditious and occassionally resulted in prison time. Plus the visible "mainstream church" was just another Party-managed propaganda-social control mechanism and real Christians were basically underground and meeting in homes holding to a strong theology of anti-tyranny and "we must obey God rather than men" while being accused of heresy and sedition by the "mainstream church" and government and media.

Kind of like how it was in the Roman world back in the early days of the church and throughout the medirval/Renaissance periods.

The new (old) normal.

Meanwhile, the communist country where I came from, there are scheduled power outages already, no medicine to even handle the pain of a removed tooth or lower the fever of your own children (imagine that, not ibuprofen), and water coming to the pipes after 21 days. My sources: my family left there, and other friends. All of that in addition to brutal repression and mandatory cult to "heroes" and "leaders" as a demonstration of your submission.

In addition to that, there is a increasing communist movement in Latino America for what I can hear from my friends here in the USA. The level of ignorance and foolishness in people is outstanding. It is like if communism gives them some sort of hope, or some sort of self-esteem by defending a self-defined righteousness without God. It is like they are possessed with that ideology. It is self-destructing. It is mind blowing to me.

Last edited by coksiw; 05-28-2022 at 04:19 PM.
Old 05-28-2022, 04:18 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Knowing all this, what do you see as happening by August? Gas in California is around $7 for regular. That's mainly due to all the high regulations for fuel in that tree hugging state. I have gym equipment manufacturers who are still out of stock on machines. Also certain items are no longer available, because they were solely produced by China. June, July, and August aren't looking too friendly. If we have a bad hurricane season (which I pray isn't bad) plywood and other materials will be priced insanely high. Where do you believe we are going to land?

I have a friend with a rental car still, after 3 months, because the parts for his car aren't here yet. The car is just an old honda pilot, nothing fancy.

I have known also of a friend of my in-law, that in the middle of the summer in Arizona, had to wait a few months to get her AC fixed because of parts as well.

I ordered a furniture in Nov 2021. I'm still waiting for it. They keep pushing the ETA. Now it is for Aug.
Old 05-29-2022, 02:30 AM
Administrator

Quote:
How much is gasoline in your neck of the woods? Also is inflation hurting you?
Regular unleaded gas is $4.27 at the local Kwik-Trip. The local BP is at $4.37.

http://votivesoul.wordpress.com/
Old 05-29-2022, 01:26 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Knowing all this, what do you see as happening by August? Gas in California is around $7 for regular. That's mainly due to all the high regulations for fuel in that tree hugging state. I have gym equipment manufacturers who are still out of stock on machines. Also certain items are no longer available, because they were solely produced by China. June, July, and August aren't looking too friendly. If we have a bad hurricane season (which I pray isn't bad) plywood and other materials will be priced insanely high. Where do you believe we are going to land?
No idea. All I know is just when we think it can't get any worse, it usually does. We'll probably be embroiled (more deeply) in another war. People are getting too antsy, so Caesar needs a nice big distraction for everyone.

Meanwhile our family is working on getting set up to take the cow butchering home. I need a walk in cooler built and buy a deep freezer and I'm keeping my eye out for a source of dry ice if it comes to that. Otherwise I'll be learning how to salt a side of beef.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 05-30-2022, 12:31 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by votivesoul View Post
Regular unleaded gas is $4.27 at the local Kwik-Trip. The local BP is at $4.37.
Scratch that.

Kwik Trip is $4.59 and BP is $4.47.

What a difference a day makes.

Old 05-30-2022, 12:40 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
Chris Reed brings major prophecy on current events:

https://youtu.be/szf9Wz-5zEM
Ezekiel 13:1-9 (ESV),

Quote:
1 The word of the LORD came to me: 2 “Son of man, prophesy against the prophets of Israel, who are prophesying, and say to those who prophesy from their own hearts: ‘Hear the word of the LORD!’ 3 Thus says the Lord GOD, Woe to the foolish prophets who follow their own spirit, and have seen nothing! 4 Your prophets have been like jackals among ruins, O Israel. 5 You have not gone up into the breaches, or built up a wall for the house of Israel, that it might stand in battle in the day of the LORD. 6 They have seen false visions and lying divinations. They say, ‘Declares the LORD,’ when the LORD has not sent them, and yet they expect him to fulfill their word. 7 Have you not seen a false vision and uttered a lying divination, whenever you have said, ‘Declares the Lord,’ although I have not spoken?”

8 Therefore thus says the Lord GOD: “Because you have uttered falsehood and seen lying visions, therefore behold, I am against you, declares the Lord GOD. 9 My hand will be against the prophets who see false visions and who give lying divinations. They shall not be in the council of my people, nor be enrolled in the register of the house of Israel, nor shall they enter the land of Israel. And you shall know that I am the Lord GOD

Old 05-30-2022, 04:40 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
From what I'm seeing in our small local churches, attendance is down since the beginning of the pandemic and now the price of gas and inflation. I know people who are struggling to put food on their tables.

People struggling to pay bills may decide to forgo Church. For sure they better be cutting out cable, restaurants, and other entertainment before they cut church attendance. We live in a decadent society where people could easily cut out the entertainment and luxury items to lower cost of living.
People who are faithful church attenders and forgo it during tough times. Are people who weren't getting anything from church when there were good times.
Old 05-30-2022, 04:43 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
No idea. All I know is just when we think it can't get any worse, it usually does. We'll probably be embroiled (more deeply) in another war. People are getting too antsy, so Caesar needs a nice big distraction for everyone.

Meanwhile our family is working on getting set up to take the cow butchering home. I need a walk in cooler built and buy a deep freezer and I'm keeping my eye out for a source of dry ice if it comes to that. Otherwise I'll be learning how to salt a side of beef.
I live in a city, so we are waiting to see what happens.