Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters > Islamic Issues and News
Facebook

Notices

Islamic Issues and News Discuss Islam and report on current issues regarding Islam

Old 06-21-2013, 03:31 PM
Administrator

Re: Violent Islam

Quote:
Originally Posted by odooley6985 View Post
Comparison was not lame. Does the minority that is clearly against what the majority believes, mean that the whole religion is violent? Thats what I am trying to get at. They arent practicing real Islam is my point. Get it? Its hard for you to understand cause you already have your mind made up. Hey Christianity is the most child molesting religion based on your line of thinking.
My line of thinking? I didn't state that the actions of a few reflect upon the whole group. However, I am agreeing with others that comparing Christian extremists to radical Islam is a failure. At least, not when you consider the end result of their philosophies and actions. Having bad or even violent ideas doesn't make a person violent or a terrorist--although those ideas can eventually shape into something of that sort. It is actions that make one violent or not.

So, with that said, how is Islam NOT the most violent religion in the world--counting only the radical elements? What religion is more violent?

"To see no being, not God’s or any, but you also go thither,
To see no possession but you may possess it—enjoying all without labor or purchase—
abstracting the feast, yet not abstracting one particle of it;…."

--Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass, Song of the Open Road
Old 06-21-2013, 03:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissBrattified View Post
My line of thinking? I didn't state that the actions of a few reflect upon the whole group. However, I am agreeing with others that comparing Christian extremists to radical Islam is a failure. At least, not when you consider the end result of their philosophies and actions. Having bad or even violent ideas doesn't make a person violent or a terrorist--although those ideas can eventually shape into something of that sort. It is actions that make one violent or not.

So, with that said, how is Islam NOT the most violent religion in the world--counting only the radical elements? What religion is more violent?
Its not because it doesnt condone or preach it. They have more violent radicals than any other religion. But like I said those people arent practicing Islam when they do that. I feel like a hamster running in circles on a wheel.
Old 06-21-2013, 03:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by seekerman View Post
I ask again and again and again. If Islam isn't the most violent RELIGION on the face of the earth TODAY....what RELIGION is more violent than Islam? We're talking RELIGIOUS violence, violence within that RELIGION.

No other RELIGION on the face of the earth compares to Islam when it comes to RELIGIOUS violence TODAY.
Your obsession with trying to prove your point is politely noted. However, in Islamic countries there is no need to lock ones door, no need to accumulate guns and ammunition for self-defense, no need for "stand your ground" laws, no need for continually watching your children to prevent them from being snatched for sexual gratification.

Though your view of Islam as a "violent religion" based on your obsession with the displays of "religious" violence that are put in front of you (to distract you from the fact that you live in a country that has 3rd world levels of performance in terms of safety and violence) may seem justified to you it does not compute with the fact that a typical Muslim neighborhood in a typical Muslim country is a stable community of intact families on the level of which Americans and others only speak of but have never managed to achieve.

In country after country the numbers speak for themselves. I wonder then what is the basis for your obsession when held up against WHO and other statistics? What next? A big "compensator" model pickup truck?
Old 06-21-2013, 03:39 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Its not because it doesnt condone or preach it. They have more violent radicals than any other religion. But like I said those people arent practicing Islam when they do that. I feel like a hamster running in circles on a wheel.
Then by your logic, there are no violent Christians either. By definition, when they commit violence in the name of God, they cease to be truly Christians. Around and around and around....

To see no possession but you may possess it—enjoying all without labor or purchase—

Old 06-21-2013, 03:41 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Estimates are that 5-20% of all muslims are radical outta 1-2 billion
Did you read through the stats I posted? Its highef. Dont confuse extremists that act violently with those who merely support them verbally witn hate rhetoric

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 06-21-2013, 03:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Then by your logic, there are no violent Christians either. By definition, when they commit violence in the name of God, they cease to be truly Christians. Around and around and around....
Yes!!!!!

Last edited by odooley6985; 06-21-2013 at 03:48 PM.
Old 06-21-2013, 03:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
Oh and I bet the "safety Crime index" doesn't really count to what happens to Christians by Muslims in countries like Egypt.
Most Muslim countries have been the victim of either christian colonialization or outright christian invasion. Unfortunately, this past behavior has earned as much intolerance for the christian faith as I fear behavior by Islamic extremists will earn for Islam
Old 06-21-2013, 03:48 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Yes!!!!!
So, really, there are NO violent religions.

Old 06-21-2013, 03:50 PM
Banned

Quote:

As Muslims have not implemented separate bathrooms nor put non-Muslims in the back of buses yet followed by burning crosses and lynchings I am not sure that somehow "credit" for the actions of a gay FBI director in shutting down christian violence across our own country is yours or your colleagues to take.

Otherwise, recent history aside, the cruelty of christian rule culminated in a constitution that STILL required said federal authorities, after decades, to take action to enforce.
Old 06-21-2013, 03:51 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walks_in_islam View Post
Most Muslim countries have been the victim of either christian colonialization or outright christian invasion. Unfortunately, this past behavior has earned as much intolerance for the christian faith as I fear behavior by Islamic extremists will earn for Islam
Here's a small bit of foundation upon which we can agree. It doesn't take a whole lot of terror to spark prejudice and bigotry.