Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 04-26-2023, 06:04 AM
Give it some gas!

Any NEW rapture / coming of the Lord songs?

Since we know we are at the last of the last days, I was just looking for some NEW end time songs or choruses to sing.

Now we know that most choruses and songs of that genre were written and composed in the last century but are there any being written currently?

Last century we heard some like....

What you gonna do when the church is gone....

Come Lord Jesus, come quickly I pray....

But how about in the last decade? Since 2012 or even 2002?

Just musing this morning....

With it being such an essential doctrine don't you think that we need to have current songs to sing?

Aren't songs and choruses an important part of imparting doctrine to the next generation? Why does it seem like all the choruses come from Hillsong and none mention the coming of the Lord, the Last Days or the Rapture?

Maybe those who believe those doctrines can help me out with a list of current choruses or songs that mention those things.

Anyone?
Old 04-26-2023, 01:04 PM
Covenant Apostolic

Re: Any NEW rapture / coming of the Lord songs?

Our hope is the resurrection not an escape plan.
Our inheritance is the earth.

Psalm 16
1 Keep me safe, O God,
for I have come to you for refuge.

2 I said to the Lord, “You are my Master!
Every good thing I have comes from you.”
3 The godly people in the land
are my true heroes!
I take pleasure in them!
4 Troubles multiply for those who chase after other gods.
I will not take part in their sacrifices of blood
or even speak the names of their gods.

5 Lord, you alone are my inheritance, my cup of blessing.
You guard all that is mine.
6 The land you have given me is a pleasant land.
What a wonderful inheritance!

7 I will bless the Lord who guides me;
even at night my heart instructs me.
8 I know the Lord is always with me.
I will not be shaken, for he is right beside me.

9 No wonder my heart is glad, and I rejoice.[b]
My body rests in safety.
10 For you will not leave my soul among the dead[c]
or allow your holy one[d] to rot in the grave.
11 You will show me the way of life,
granting me the joy of your presence
and the pleasures of living with you forever.
Old 04-27-2023, 08:01 PM
Registered Member

Who sings that?

Old 04-27-2023, 10:48 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monterrey View Post
Who sings that?
Actually we did just last week.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 04-28-2023, 03:27 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoop Harted View Post
Aren't songs and choruses an important part of imparting doctrine to the next generation?
This is correct, and something that a lot of churches do not actually put a lot of thought into. Why, in fact, do we even sing in the meeting?

1. David was a priest according to the order of Melchizedek:

The LORD hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek.
(Psa 110:4)

2. David instituted a change in the liturgical worship of God when he moved the ark of the covenant to its own tent on Mount Zion (while the brass altar and the Tabernacle of Moses remained at Gibeon):

For they provoked him to anger with their high places, and moved him to jealousy with their graven images. When God heard this, he was wroth, and greatly abhorred Israel: So that he forsook the tabernacle of Shiloh, the tent which he placed among men; And delivered his strength into captivity, and his glory into the enemy's hand. He gave his people over also unto the sword; and was wroth with his inheritance. The fire consumed their young men; and their maidens were not given to marriage. Their priests fell by the sword; and their widows made no lamentation. Then the Lord awaked as one out of sleep, and like a mighty man that shouteth by reason of wine. And he smote his enemies in the hinder parts: he put them to a perpetual reproach. Moreover he refused the tabernacle of Joseph, and chose not the tribe of Ephraim: But chose the tribe of Judah, the mount Zion which he loved. And he built his sanctuary like high palaces, like the earth which he hath established for ever.
(Psa 78:58-69)

So Solomon, and all the congregation with him, went to the high place that was at Gibeon; for there was the tabernacle of the congregation of God, which Moses the servant of the LORD had made in the wilderness. But the ark of God had David brought up from Kirjathjearim to the place which David had prepared for it: for he had pitched a tent for it at Jerusalem.
(2Ch 1:3-4)

3. David instituted the use of music in the worship of God at the tabernacle for the ark that he had pitched:

So they brought the ark of God, and set it in the midst of the tent that David had pitched for it: and they offered burnt sacrifices and peace offerings before God. And when David had made an end of offering the burnt offerings and the peace offerings, he blessed the people in the name of the LORD. And he dealt to every one of Israel, both man and woman, to every one a loaf of bread, and a good piece of flesh, and a flagon of wine. And he appointed certain of the Levites to minister before the ark of the LORD, and to record, and to thank and praise the LORD God of Israel: Asaph the chief, and next to him Zechariah, Jeiel, and Shemiramoth, and Jehiel, and Mattithiah, and Eliab, and Benaiah, and Obededom: and Jeiel with psalteries and with harps; but Asaph made a sound with cymbals; Benaiah also and Jahaziel the priests with trumpets continually before the ark of the covenant of God. Then on that day David delivered first this psalm to thank the LORD into the hand of Asaph and his brethren.
(1Ch 16:1-7)

4. Christ, as Son of David, is also a priest according to the order of Melchizedek:

And no man taketh this honour unto himself, but he that is called of God, as was Aaron. So also Christ glorified not himself to be made an high priest; but he that said unto him, Thou art my Son, to day have I begotten thee. As he saith also in another place, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.
(Heb 5:4-6)

If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron? For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law. For he of whom these things are spoken pertaineth to another tribe, of which no man gave attendance at the altar. For it is evident that our Lord sprang out of Juda; of which tribe Moses spake nothing concerning priesthood. And it is yet far more evident: for that after the similitude of Melchisedec there ariseth another priest, Who is made, not after the law of a carnal commandment, but after the power of an endless life. For he testifieth, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.
(Heb 7:11-17)

5. The new covenant worship then, which follows the order of Melchizedek and not that of Levi and Aaron, includes the use of singing. This is commanded by the apostle:

For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren, Saying, I will declare thy name unto my brethren, in the midst of the church will I sing praise unto thee.
(Heb 2:11-12)

Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers: And that the Gentiles might glorify God for his mercy; as it is written, For this cause I will confess to thee among the Gentiles, and sing unto thy name.
(Rom 15:8-9)

Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.
(Col 3:16)

The purpose of singing in the assembly is for the following:

A. The provide a vehicle or means by which the word of Christ may dwell in the assembly in all wisdom.
B. To provide a means for the word of Christ to teach us. Singing is for the purpose of teaching and admonishing one another.

It necessarily follows then that singing is for the purpose of imparting doctrine. And it necessarily follows that the songs must be Biblically, doctrinally, CORRECT.

Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;
(Eph 5:19)

Again, singing is commanded as a part of apostolic new covenant worship. It should be noted that our singing is to be characterized as "speaking to one another". One is not to sing for themself in the meeting, but TO THE OTHERS. The music in church is to be directed toward each other, that is its purpose. It is not at all about what songs YOU like or prefer or want to hear, but it is all about what songs will speak truth to the congregation.

Another note: The music is identified as psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs. The psalms are most definitely a suitable part of Christian worship, in fact they are commanded to be used. But in addition to psalms, there are to be hymns and spiritual songs ("odes"). The music of the church is not limited to the psalms, but certainly must include them. And, all of it is to be for the purpose of teaching and admonishing one another, and not for entertainment, nor for showing off one's musical skills.

A final note: The word psalm implies musical instrumentation. The word means a song sung to the accompaniment of a psaltery (a harp or similar instrument). While a psalm can be sung without an accompanying implement, it certainly CAN be sung to an accompanying instrument. Thus, the use of instruments in the corporate worship of the church is allowed. HOWEVER, and this is key, even with musical instruments, the music must be of such character and balance that it can as a whole be described as SINGING. The instruments must take a secondary and merely supportive role to the vocalisation. The instruments, if any, are to be used to ACCOMPANY the singing, and not the other way around. They are not to take the primary place, which sadly is what happens in many churches today that use musical instruments.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Last edited by Esaias; 04-28-2023 at 04:02 PM.
Old 05-05-2023, 06:36 PM
Administrator

In the Air Tonight
Song by Phil Collins
Lyrics
I can feel it coming in the air tonight, oh lord
And I've been waiting for this moment, for all my life, oh lord
Can you feel it coming in the air tonight, oh lord, oh lord
Well, if you told me you were drowning
I would not lend a hand
I've seen your face before my friend
But I don't know if you know who I am
Well, I was there and I saw what you did
I saw it with my own two eyes
So you can wipe off that grin, I know where you've been
It's all been a pack of lies
And I can feel it coming in the air tonight, oh lord
Well I've been waiting for this moment for all my life, oh lord
Well I've been waiting for this moment for all my life, oh lord, oh lord
Well I remember, I remember don't worry
How could I ever forget
It's the first time, the last time we ever met
But I know the reason why you keep this silence up
No you don't fool me
The hurt doesn't show, but the pain still grows
It's no stranger to you and me
I can feel it in the air tonight, oh lord, oh lord
And I've been waiting for this moment for all my life, oh lord

Oh....wait....you said "new". Never mind.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 05-22-2023, 02:06 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
In the Air Tonight
Song by Phil Collins
Lyrics
And I've been waiting for this moment, for all my life, oh lord
Can you feel it coming in the air tonight, oh lord, oh lord
Well, if you told me you were drowning
I would not lend a hand
I've seen your face before my friend
But I don't know if you know who I am
Well, I was there and I saw what you did
I saw it with my own two eyes
So you can wipe off that grin, I know where you've been
It's all been a pack of lies
And I can feel it coming in the air tonight, oh lord
Well I remember, I remember don't worry
How could I ever forget
It's the first time, the last time we ever met
But I know the reason why you keep this silence up
No you don't fool me
The hurt doesn't show, but the pain still grows
It's no stranger to you and me
And I've been waiting for this moment for all my life, oh lord

Oh....wait....you said "new". Never mind.
Phil Collins wrote the song after he traded his career for his wife and kids.
Old 05-23-2023, 12:20 AM
Registered Member

We aren't in the last days though.
And someday master you. --Anon.

The most deadly sins do not leap upon us, they creep up on us.
Old 05-23-2023, 06:33 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truthseeker View Post
We aren't in the last days though.
We are currently in the last of the last to very last few days of the last days.
Old 05-23-2023, 09:28 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
We are currently in the last of the last to very last few days of the last days.
LOL.
And someday master you. --Anon.

The most deadly sins do not leap upon us, they creep up on us.