Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 10-06-2020, 07:43 AM
Jesus is the only Lord God

Re: Trump now down by 8 in Rasmussen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Herman Cain's past and current health before his death can't be compared to President Trump. Hermain Cain also had plenty of money to take care of his health issues. Trump doesn't have underlying conditions.
How do you know Cain had underlying issues? So all the ministers (some even mentioned on this forum) that have passed from covid all had underlying issues?

And you have access to Trump’s health history to know he has no underlying conditions?

Different people can react differently to the same disease. It does not automatically indicate that those who passed from the disease all had underlying health issues..jeez!
...Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ...(Acts 20:21)
Old 10-06-2020, 08:17 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tithesmeister View Post
The companies are sponsoring the banquet for a reason. They are buying influence. That’s why Consumers Report doesn’t allow advertising. It is an ethical thing. It’s like Oscar Mayer sponsoring a study on the health benefits of hot dogs.

Should we look to Consumer Reports to learn something about ethics? Has it come to that?

Good grief!

Yes, the christian credit union who sponsored the banquet was buying influence.

Ethics? Please. There's nothing unethical or wrong about the sponsorship. You're like the deranged media hacks, ranting against Trump for doing better than expected and being discharged from the hospital.

You're looking for an excuse to bash the UPCI and think you've found one. You haven't. This is a non-issue.
Old 10-06-2020, 08:21 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGBTG View Post
How do you know Cain had underlying issues?
He previously had stage IV colon cancer years ago which placed him in the high-risk group for COVID.
Old 10-06-2020, 09:04 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
How do you know Cain had underlying issues?
Because nobody just up and decides to kill their own sibling over religion. And if they did, it still proves they had underlying issues.

Moreov-, er, uh, nvm. Wrong thread!

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 10-06-2020, 09:52 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Because nobody just up and decides to kill their own sibling over religion. And if they did, it still proves they had underlying issues.

Old 10-06-2020, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post

...Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ...(Acts 20:21)
Old 10-06-2020, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
He previously had stage IV colon cancer years ago which placed him in the high-risk group for COVID.
Fair enough. I still don’t believe all the ministers that have passed on due to covid all had underlying issues.
Old 10-06-2020, 12:33 PM
J.esus i.s t.he o.ne God (463)

Quote:
Fair enough. I still don’t believe all the ministers that have passed on due to covid all had underlying issues.
Honestly, I think it has more to do with how strong our immune systems are, rather than simply underlying conditions. I personally have some underlying conditions - some of which, such as my weight, are my own fault - yet I have no fear of C19. Either getting it, or dying from it.

And not just because I trust wholly in God to protect me and those around me, but also because my immune system is very strong, always has been. I wonder how many of those who got it and died from it, regularly used things like hand sanitizer. That stuff doesn't just kill bad germs, it kills good germs and bacteria that our immune systems require to be healthy and active. How many of them used HEPA filters to "clean the air", which over sterilizes their environment?

I don't know the answer, but I'd wager that it's a pretty fair chance that the number is pretty high.
Sometimes hidden dangers spring on us suddenly. Those are out of our control. But when one can see the danger, and then refuses to arrest , all in the name of "God is in control", they are forfeiting God given, preventive opportunities.
Old 10-06-2020, 03:40 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I don't believe so either. I don't believe PO said all the ministers had underlying issues. She just said Cain did.
Old 10-06-2020, 08:11 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post

Yes, the christian credit union who sponsored the banquet was buying influence.

Ethics? Please. There's nothing unethical or wrong about the sponsorship. You're like the deranged media hacks, ranting against Trump for doing better than expected and being discharged from the hospital.

You're looking for an excuse to bash the UPCI and think you've found one. You haven't. This is a non-issue.
So . . .

Why do you think the Christian credit union bought dinner for a lot of preachers?
Did they just out of the blue decide to give something to the preachers? What do you think their motivation was?

I can tell you what I believe. I have been in control of a budget for years that amounted to several hundred thousand dollars. I have dealt with salesmen who want to buy my lunch, pay for fishing and hunting trips etc. . There is always the motivation of influencing my decision to buy their product. This is different why?

I believe you are being naive.

And you believe I’m looking for a reason to bash the UPCI? What gives you that idea? I’m just calling what I see.

I would think some preachers would wonder why some random companies with a product to sell decided to buy their dinner. But they don’t seem to be bothered by it.

Good grief!