Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > WPF News
Facebook

Notices

WPF News Discussion of the WWPF meetings in Tulsa and related sidetracks.

Search For Similiar Threads Using Key Words & Phrases
healer, stupidity, tulsa, unhappy

Old 10-30-2007, 01:31 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pianoman View Post
rkentsmith says a reversal of res #4 will bring healing.

Others say a reversal of the 1992 AS agreement will bring healing.

I'm sure you will find some that will say that a reversal of all resolutions since 1945 would bring healing!

In my opinion, what will bring healing is for a revival of humility to break out at the Tulsa meeting!
I personally think Res 3 and the original A/S agreement are far more detrimental to church org than allowing advertisement on TV

Oh and BTW..some people felt betrayed and hurt over the A/S agreement and left....did we discuss some way of getting them back by undoing the A/S? Was there a meeting? Or did nobody care because they were backslidden liberals?

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 10-30-2007, 01:32 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Alicea View Post
Don't hold your breath.
Oh is that what it is? I thought he looked constipated

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
Old 10-30-2007, 01:33 PM
Step By Step - Day By Day

Writing quickly here........

I hate to see good men leave over this issue just as many (in the UPC) hated to see good men leave over other issues that have been divisive.

Being on this side of the fence gives me perspective that others don't\can't have and my plea and advice would be..........

Please don't leave.

You think the grass is going to be greener and that there'll be cohesion, total agreement, cooperation and no contention or issues or power struggles on the other side of the fence?

Think again. There may be a regret in time to come.

And yes, I understand about the "leaving on principle and standing on conviction" thing. But like I said, the issue isn't always the issue.

(surname courtesy of Jim Yohe)
Old 10-30-2007, 01:34 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
At the tower of Babel when the language was confounded the folks there found those who spoke the same language which became their identity. Thus in these last days it is the same men of differing stripes are looking for those who speak the same language over the complete spectrum of Pentecost. Have you noticed NO cons have been preaching at Christ Church? Likes attract. Is this evil??? I think not. I believe the Lord is in this myself. If the passing of Res. 4 was the sole reason it would be foolish but everyone on each side knows this is NOT the reason but the last straw.
lol...comparing Oneness Pentecostals to the folks at the Tower of Babel is NOT NOT NOT NOT flattering! Good grief. Did Nimrod go with the UCs too?

The purpose of Babel also was to spread the human race around the world. If you can prove that this split will result in winning more souls or spreading more missionaries around the world, I'd love to see you try

Old 10-30-2007, 01:36 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
WH...all I've ever seen you do since I've seen you post is downgrade and call names on your supposed "support" of the Org....

was there ever a time when you were really happy with the ORg???

and when was it??
I would say I was fairly happy until 9 or 10 years ago when I began to see things that bothered me, but it wasn't until about 4 years ago that I began to wonder what was happening..

I have supported mission, and every program up until a few months ago.
Old 10-30-2007, 01:37 PM
Invisible Thad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
lol...comparing Oneness Pentecostals to the folks at the Tower of Babel is NOT NOT NOT NOT flattering! Good grief. Did Nimrod go with the UCs too?
The purpose of Babel also was to spread the human race around the world. If you can prove that this split will result in winning more souls or spreading more missionaries around the world, I'd love to see you try

EPLEY??????
Old 10-30-2007, 01:41 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
At the tower of Babel when the language was confounded the folks there found those who spoke the same language which became their identity. Thus in these last days it is the same men of differing stripes are looking for those who speak the same language over the complete spectrum of Pentecost. Have you noticed NO cons have been preaching at Christ Church? Likes attract. Is this evil??? I think not. I believe the Lord is in this myself. If the passing of Res. 4 was the sole reason it would be foolish but everyone on each side knows this is NOT the reason but the last straw.
Oh, BTW....how do you know no cons preached at CC? You're limited narrow minded definition of what a CON is is NOT necessarily the correct one. I suggest there is a better word. Conservative does not have to mean legalism. Hate mongering. Man made rules you know? Not that you would agree. The Baptists are considered conservative by evangelical standards. They are fundamentalists. But they don't have a strict outward standard, yet they are against sin. They even boycotted Disney for having a pro gay agenda...while OPs just keep going to these places.

You see, There is far more to being Christian, conservative or holy than just posing/

Oh yes, like attracts like? You know when the AOG first voted on the Trinity clause the Oneness brothers still preached in their churches and vice versa. They were ok with it. It was narrow minded politics hungry men that later changed all that and made OP synonymous with elitism...and that monster just gets bigger and bigger with each passing moment.

Not only are many elitists pulling out of the UPC, the UPC voted in a very elitists LAW in Res 3.

It's funny how none of the so called "cons" had a problem with that one. It's all about elitism and control. Sad

Old 10-30-2007, 01:42 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whole Hearted View Post

good post elder
Hey, did Nimrod's wife go with him too?

Old 10-30-2007, 02:10 PM
I remain the Petulant Chevalier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whole Hearted View Post
Yes I am grieved to see something that I have supported and been apart of for over 32 years going down.

Would you be grieved to see your child going down the wrong path?

Life must go on but that doesn't stop on from grieving at their lose.
Right! and that is the point. you arent grieved over what is wrong with the upci. you are grieved over what you precieve to be wrong with the upci.
namely the upci isnt going the direction YOU want it to!

and further more, it never was going the direction you want it to.

you said that you joined an organization that was against TV and wasnt an organization of compromisers.

WRONG. While the UPCI has been against TV in all forms, it has always been an organization of men who differed greatly in many issues. your inablility to co-exist with the rest of the organization is a reflection on you bro. Not the organization.

the things that have been most wrong with the UPCI has been the attempts thru the years make the UPCI into something other than what it always was.
Old 10-30-2007, 02:13 PM
My Family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Right! and that is the point. you arent grieved over what is wrong with the upci. you are grieved over what you precieve to be wrong with the upci.
namely the upci isnt going the direction YOU want it to!

and further more, it never was going the direction you want it to.

you said that you joined an organization that was against TV and wasnt an organization of compromisers.

WRONG. While the UPCI has been against TV in all forms, it has always been an organization of men who differed greatly in many issues. your inablility to co-exist with the rest of the organization is a reflection on you bro. Not the organization.

the things that have been most wrong with the UPCI has been the attempts thru the years make the UPCI into something other than what it always was.
Probably stronger words than I would have been able to say, but I agree with what you are saying here Fernado!